Anyone know of any good shops that do cylinder replating near South Florida? WMR said that they charge about $240. I think I've see many shops do it for less, for still good quality. I'd rather do it locally than ship it out. If not, I've heard that Eric Gorr has a very good package price on a piston and replate.
WMR sends it out they don't do it on site.
TDR ;)
Really TDR does it? I just sent them an email asking price/turnaround time.
If WMR sends it out, I could probably sent it out myself to the same guys. They have such a small shop, but they do do good work.
Give TDR a call 954-784-0020 :ThumbsUp.gif Good,cheap, and fast work!
Quote from: Yamaha72 on February 01, 2006, 01:12:50 AM
Give TDR a call 954-784-0020 :ThumbsUp.gif Good,cheap, and fast work!
Nah, they said that they do resleeving, but they ship it out to get it replated. My dirtbike uses a coating in the cylinder that is tougher than iron sleeves.
Everyone has to "ship it out" for replating , I think there is only 2 or 3 places the USA (i think) that replates these cylinders .Its called "Re-NiCaSil " .For just a few more $$$ you can buy a whole new cylinder Brand New!
thats right only 2 places in the usa that does it. get in line and wait
We can send them out also. The turn around time is usually 2 weeks.