My 250r blew the rear axel bearing last sunday. It is getting old now and I am thinking of buying a second bike. Problem is should I buy a 450r sport bike or a utility. If a utility is the way I go, I am thinking either a suzuki king quad, honda forman rubicon, or brute force. What do you guys think? I don't know if the utilities are as fun on the trails as a sport bike, but I see all those guys going through thick mud and it looks like a blast. :o
i would recommend the Suzuki Vinson. They are great utility quads and have a nice sporty ride. Still straight axle rear so you slide the back end around, but has a nice smooth ride. 500cc is plenty of power and they do great in the mud. Also has an awesome seat, really big and soft.
Quote from: dirtyface on January 25, 2006, 09:17:48 PM
My 250r blew the rear axel bearing last sunday. It is getting old now and I am thinking of buying a second bike. Problem is should I buy a 450r sport bike or a utility. If a utility is the way I go, I am thinking either a suzuki king quad, honda forman rubicon, or brute force. What do you guys think? I don't know if the utilities are as fun on the trails as a sport bike, but I see all those guys going through thick mud and it looks like a blast. :o
I love (loved) my K.Q..... until the Terra-Cross >:(
Actually The Vinson is an awesome bike!!!
what is the terra cross?
honda all the way ;)
Yes, anything you want, just be sure it says Honda on it. 8)
Quote from: Moose on January 26, 2006, 01:32:02 AM
Yes, anything you want, just be sure it says Honda on it. 8)
agreed i love my kodiak, but i love my trx 450 just that much more even though it is only 2x4
never rode a Vinson, but everything I hear about them is good,,,,the only utility I ever rode is a Honda Rincon and it was like riding a cadillac,,,,,there is a Vinson for sale for a good price in the for sale section.
Id@
Quote from: dirtyface on January 25, 2006, 09:36:12 PM
what is the terra cross?
A fun event where I smoaked my belt by hitting a water hole a little too fast :o
hey swamp, the belt is one of things that worry me about that bike. It is the one I am leaning to though. Have you had any other problems with it?
Quote from: dirtyface on January 26, 2006, 12:43:16 PM
hey swamp, the belt is one of things that worry me about that bike. It is the one I am leaning to though. Have you had any other problems with it?
Actually NO I have had no issues with mine, I have made it very fast though ;) The belt slipping was my fault....3ft deep water 20 mph = wet belt!!!! Good luck with whatever you get but the KQ is awesome.
It all depends what you like most track,,, or trail,,, ;)
Quote from: Honda250ex on January 26, 2006, 04:00:21 PM
It all depends what you like most track,,, or trail,,, ;)
please do speak from your extensive experience,,,,wer'e waiting.
Id@
Quote from: Ida_Mann on January 26, 2006, 09:20:41 PM
Quote from: Honda250ex on January 26, 2006, 04:00:21 PM
It all depends what you like most track,,, or trail,,, ;)
please do speak from your extensive experience,,,,wer'e waiting.
Id@
Dude...Ida...This kid has been working on ATV's and dirt bikes since you were a wee child. He helped design the first Tri-moto and the first Yamaha Banshee. He created the first ever preformance exhaust for a 4 stroke engine..This kid speaks from experience. Experience learned only through time and hard work.