Hi all
I have a 2006 kawasaki kfx 400
about to get my first service on it but want to know what i can do to it to up my performance i like to hill climb and trail ride
any suggestions would be cool
Pipe would be your best bet on a first upgrade, Pipe and jet kit :) anywhere from 350-600$ for a good one. Take a look at Yoshimura, HMF, GYTR but I think those engines seem to love yoshi's more than anything.
alright cool
what all will a jet kit do for my quad
and i was thinking about a good yoshimura exh kit for it too
Quote from: FatmanRider_KFX on January 23, 2006, 02:30:01 AM
alright cool
what all will a jet kit do for my quad
and i was thinking about a good yoshimura exh kit for it too
Jet kit is pretty much needed after you get a pipe to make sure the bikes carb is getting the right amount of fuel.
they don't have a gytr for a kawi, but i have HMF and for ur hill climb and trails its the best bet because u increase on low end that will guide u up the hill or around the trail, i like to do whut u do and its the best pipe for it.
how good would a k and n air intake help if i were to add one with a jetkit and exhaust?
Good idea, thats the best bet... to get a aftermarket exhaust, better air intake and jet kit. For a Kfx 400 a yoshi would be nice....More Air + More Gas + Better way to let out the two = More Power!!
ya it will help air and fuel will help the pipe perform better.if u ride in dusty areas use foam filters and if u ride in packed sand or croom type of sand u will use K and N filters.
Outerwears are good investments
u can buy a power pack online that comes
-Yoshimura Comp Complete System.
-Dyno-Jet Kit.
-K&N Air Filter.
-Outerwear Filter Cover.
-K&N Oil & Cleaner Kit.
this is the web site u can get it at.
http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=914&catid=57
cool guys thanks for the help i will prolly do all this stuff soon
quick question does all that void a warranty ?
well how old is ur quad?
a 2006 bought it new years eve
i think your first mod should be something to help keep you safer, like a steering stabilizer or aftermarket shocks, a pipe will be good for more speed, i have one on my z, the full system titanium tri-oval yoshimura, i just re-jetted it and that thing is a torque montser, seeing as you like trails, a steering stabilizer should be high up on your list.
oh and congrats in the quad ;D
does the factory warrenty end in 6 months if so u can in stall mods, according to yamaha thats what i have. and i have a 4 year warrenty to.
its a year factory warranty on it
I agree with Klutch.Spend $120 on a Denton steering stabilizer and get a suspension. With better suspension you can open up what you already have .
Since when does GYTR make pipes for kawi's?
Also, any mods you do as in pipe, suspension, airfilter, and jet kit will still be under warranty. But, if you change your CDI box, that wont be covered and could potentially void your warranty.
what kind of suspension are you guys talking about? all the stuff for suspension i see is like 1200 bucks
I agree with klutch suspension is always the best move in any kind of riding you do and if you like steep hill cilimbs extended swingarm is a great investment :drive.gif
I have a kawasaki 400 Prairie 4x4 strickly for trail riding and hunting. I have considered adding a pipe, but I do not want a really loud sound when going out hunting.
Any suggestions??
Thanks, Teej
Fatman, you may also want to consider nerf bars, skid plates (as many as you can afford)-the plastic skid plates suck and will break quickly-I also had to replace my heel plates-cracked about 2nd time out-I went with DG nerfbars with integrated heel plates-look good and very happy with the safety factors that come with adding the nerfs. I just recently put a full titanium exhaust from yoshi w/k&n and jet kit-much improvement and pretty easy install on all!!
You may want to double check that warranty. Mine is an '05 kaw kfx and it only came with a 6mo. factory warranty (that could have changed or your dealer may help). I waited to do any mods to mine until after the factory warranty ran out-no problems with machine.
Mark
the suspension on the 06 sukawcats is pretty good, I dont see why you would need to upgrade for hill climbs, now a +4 or +6 swingarm thats going to make a huge difference. Also a nice front bumper for people to grab is nice in case you dont make it all the way up the hill ;D
You really can't go wrong with the tried and true more cooling, more fuel, more exhaust equals more power regarding the internal combustion engine.
The K & N air filter is a given.
Also for certain the pipe.........I have a T-4 but that SOB should be called the "screamin mimi" its so dang loud.
I'm thinkin about either the White Bros. E2 or the HMF Balance series.
96 db verses 100 db