Just Got this Baby. I have been into RC Cars and Trucks before but they were all electric, So I figured that this baby Might be fun. It is a Savage 25. Hope it Runs as good as it looks and I cannot believe the Wheel Travel.
[attachment deleted by admin]
8)
[attachment deleted by admin]
;D
[attachment deleted by admin]
last one
[attachment deleted by admin]
Swwwweeeeeettt, man those things are sick!! I would love to take those to the local riding spot and roost all over
Id love on of those, but my friend stripped his transmission on it and i broke a tmaxx 2.5 in half :-\ plus they are a TON of money!!!
your right about the suspension travel. 1 tire can be on top of a pepsi can and the rest will be touching the ground. They are tons of fun!
(http://members.aol.com/bigscrb15/savage6.jpg)
my quad can put 1 tire on a pepsi can and still have the other tires on the ground :R
Quote from: dreth on January 22, 2006, 03:34:36 AM
my quad can put 1 tire on a pepsi can and still have the other tires on the ground :R
LOL. Thats a good one Dreth. Got a pic of it
Thats a sweet Savage ;)
How much you get it for???
Probaly $300 :dunno.gif
That is very sweet.
sweet. those things are supposed to go like 45 mph. have fun ;D
Quote from: Honda250ex on January 22, 2006, 05:56:08 AM
Probaly $300 :dunno.gif
I know after you buy everything that is needed to start it and run it, your lookin right at or a little over $600
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 22, 2006, 03:28:05 PM
Quote from: Honda250ex on January 22, 2006, 05:56:08 AM
Probaly $300 :dunno.gif
I know after you buy everything that is needed to start it and run it, your lookin right at or a little over $600
It was just over $500, The Truck was like $400 then after all the stuff you need to get it running add another 100 bucks. Better be worth it lol
I am really thinking about buying one of these. How long will they run for? What sort of maintenance is needed? Etc.
Quote from: Honda250ex on January 22, 2006, 05:56:08 AM
Probaly $300 :dunno.gif
Sinan dont most crap when you dont know how much it is >:(
Their well over $500 and maybe more cuz their the best money can buy ;)
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 22, 2006, 04:23:31 PM
I am really thinking about buying one of these. How long will they run for? What sort of maintenance is needed? Etc.
Not to sure Kinda new to the nitro powered RC's. This thing is sweet though
Have fun, they are great. Be care full, they can become addictive, I have spent over $600 in extras, and that's nothing. I suggest upgrade it now, will be a lot cheaper. I blew both diff's and the tranny came apart inside. Get the 4 gear diff upgrade asap.
I love mine, it just takes it's toll when you play hard. Like racing, you will go through parts, period.
well i have two rcs.They run on that nitro fuel it cost like 23$ a gallon
I saved a lot of money looking around when I needed something, ebay and tower hobbies are two good places to start. I have bought from both places and then some.
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 22, 2006, 04:23:31 PM
I am really thinking about buying one of these. How long will they run for? What sort of maintenance is needed? Etc.
They are high maintence. You are constantly tuning and replacing little parts. Its all part of the experience though. They are a blast!!
flsportsman, I would listen to moose and get the 4diff upgrade. I also went with the 3speed tranny upgrade but haven't run it yet so can't tell you the difference. Also a metal spur gear would be good too. the stock plastic spur gears strip pretty easy.
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 22, 2006, 11:49:22 PM
They are high maintence. You are constantly tuning and replacing little parts. Its all part of the experience though. They are a blast!!
flsportsman, I would listen to moose and get the 4diff upgrade. I also went with the 3speed tranny upgrade but haven't run it yet so can't tell you the difference. Also a metal spur gear would be good too. the stock plastic spur gears strip pretty easy.
Yikes sounds like mucho money. I thought it was something fun with little work. Well i guess i wont get one since you spend a lot of money on it from the sounds of it.
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 22, 2006, 11:53:53 PM
Yikes sounds like mucho money. I thought it was something fun with little work. Well i guess i wont get one since you spend a lot of money on it from the sounds of it.
if you don't run it hard it might have less maintence. I run mine hard and I also spent an extra $1000+ in aftermarket parts. i guess they can be as cheap or as expensive as you want them to be.
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on January 23, 2006, 12:23:17 AM
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on January 22, 2006, 11:53:53 PM
Yikes sounds like mucho money. I thought it was something fun with little work. Well i guess i wont get one since you spend a lot of money on it from the sounds of it.
if you don't run it hard it might have less maintence. I run mine hard and I also spent an extra $1000+ in aftermarket parts. i guess they can be as cheap or as expensive as you want them to be.
Please tell me you just st-sttt-stttttt-studdered. Only reason i want one is to run around my house. Not gonna race it or what not. When you get on aim bro hit me up, KoncreteC0wb0y.
Well I have a MEgatech Trucj and they always break down. You'll be going through parts like crazy :Wacko.gif
yeah no matter what you will be putting a lot of money into these things... it truly sucks
even if you do run it around a house... parts will break.... you will run into things....
they are really fun... when they aren't broke :)
i've got about 3-4k total into the 2 that i have... :(
i kinda wish i hadn't done that cause i could of had a nice 4-wheeler instead.... right now both of mine have been sitting for about a year and a half... don't wanna mess with them but i don't wanna sell them and lose my money either... i'll get back into it one day...
If you decide to sell Your Savage25 drop me a PM ;)