i went to sand mountain sunday with my family and about 20 friends from the keys. 4 of us raced tt open beginner. i raced (didnt do well), but it was fun. also the whole place rocks. there are awesome hillclimbs, a bunch of sand trails, sweet mx track, drag strip and a cool peewee track for the youngins. the staff are super nice, like nothing i've ever seen. they dont break your balls about anything, which makes the difference for me. overall a super sport bike paradise., A+ there needs to be one of these places in south florida. we drove 4 hrs. each way which sure took its toll on me.
Glad you liked SM. Sunday was one of the best turn outs so far. Everyone in the SM family are great. They have a great place there.
that definitly was the biggest turnout ive seen there it was packed on sunday, but im glad u enjoyed sand mt..
i was the yellow z400 climbing the hill all day. yes, that place was packed. whats the place like on a weekday?
unfortunatly its only open on sundays but maybe they will start to have more practice days, afriend of mine got some video of the hill climbs ill try and get it postedtoday or tommoro.
a rumor has it in the near future they will have lights. :o come on Pat make it happen. ;D
I have to agree....i went tout there with a 97 warrior and still had a blast!!!!!! Best place ever :o ;D
is a kill switch required ?????
I would like to come out and check it out within couple weekends..
Me and my son probably will want to check out the mx track and maybe race.
But my wife has a suzuki ltz250 and she would probably just ride the trails and some medium hill climb
and maybe run the track for fun
????????
I heard there will be some really good hill climbers at Sand Mountain on the 29th. Just a rumor so far. ;)
Yeah... It is a SUPER place to ride. They actually learned from the few mistakes of last year to make that place an even BETTER place this year. It has grown tremendously since then also. They are definitely an A class group of peeps that do their best to make everyone happy. The state should pass a law that it be at least one place like this every 50 miles :D
it looks like im going on the 29th. there is another tt race that my friends are going to enter. im gonna skip it. the tt races are sweet to watch and brings a big crowd. that would be sweet if we get a bunch of hill climbers there. i like it when others do something difficult, makes me do it too. plus id like to drag race another modified z400.
Me and some friends are planning a trip spring break to sand moutain
an need some info can you ride the mx track and tt track and not race what about the trails
thanks
im pretty sure you can do both as long as its not a race day. the trails are pretty cool, they're pretty open sand hill trails. not that many, but good for a facility such as sand mountain. go on sandmountainspeedway.com
Does anyone have directions to this place, how much does it cost, and is it just racing or is it open to recreational riders?
I went for the first time Sunday as well I liked it alot, though I wish I tried the tt track out...........I was the newb with red 400ex I only saw 2 of them there.
Hey dudk38..i was the one on the 700 Raptor when you was Climbing then later on i rode my S T R E T C H Bike 3-wheeler....see yall next time
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on January 19, 2006, 03:13:17 PM
Hey dudk38..i was the one on the 700 Raptor when you was Climbing then later on i rode my S T R E T C H Bike 3-wheeler....see yall next time
that was you on that 3-wheeler! that thing is sick and it hauls @ss! how long is that swing arm +30! hahahaha
sand mtn is awsome where else in florida can you race tt ride the trail and mx track for 25 bucks! ;D
It's 12" Stretched ... Allum. Swinger ..Also "ADAM" with the ATC 12" Stretch was there too . His RUN'S !!!
i remember you, your 700 was in stock fashion, right? is it easy going up on a stretched bike?
VERY,VERY Easy !!! the stretch keeps the front down when them BIG Paddles are working ..but other than sand drag's ...thats all its good for..the Rappy was stock..3rd gear goes up them hills pretty good ...
I saw you switched your rear tires around :o
How does the rappy climb the hill???
I should of climbed it when I had my Raptor :(
it climbed pretty good when "lugged" in 3rd gear...my stretch on the other hand was only in first..
Quote from: YAMAHONDAMAN on January 21, 2006, 12:42:36 AM
it climbed pretty good when "lugged" in 3rd gear...my stretch on the other hand was only in first..
What!! :o 1st dam.... :o
im hitting it in 2nd, almost revved out. im running a z400 with pipe, jet and airbox.
a bunch of us from the keys are going this sunday(29th). my buddies are racing in open beginner. im gonna stick to the mx track, hill climb and fool around, definitely watch some t/t. im pretty excited, since that place rocks. go DEREK WEST!
what are the days and hours of opperation?
Quote from: crawdaddy07 on January 26, 2006, 12:23:15 AM
what are the days and hours of opperation?
Well I think their only open Sundays ???
10-4pm
im getting excited!!!! hill climbs here i come
I saw you climbing that hill all day long ;D YAMAHONDAMAN
Thats a tight 3 wheeler and I saw two Yellow Z'z that climbed it also one of them was chubby and the the other one was wering red gear!! I was thinking about going down but I would probaly get spanked by my dad I did manage to get 1/2 way up and I could probaly make it untill at the end where it get like at a 90 angle :P
ah come on, the thrill is overcoming the fear, passing the point of no return!.start on an easy spot and move on to the steeper ones. theres a nice one to start, on the right side.