I had some questions for you guys about river ranch.
It looks really cool and its only two hours from me.
What kind of riding is it? Is it whooped out? Is there a track there. Is it good for dirt bikes or just quads? Whats the average price for a lot? Can you off road trucks there? If anyone could invite me out there sometime it would be really helpful.
Thank you.
I have been out there a few times so I will try to answer these questions.
1)It is mostly trail riding but it can get very wet during rain season.
2)It is not whooped out , there are a few places with mild whoops but nothing bad.
3)I have never seen a track out there.
4)Dirt bikes can make it, but dont go crazy on it because they seem to be getting up set with some of the idiots tearing things up on dirtbikes.
5)The lot price depends on where you buy from, right now on ebay and MJ Lands 1.25 acres is going for aroun $4700.
6)You can drive your truck anywhere you think you can make it.
4,700.00 is a little pricey, ive been monitoring them on ebay and 2.5 acres are going for about 5,000-5,500.00
i would love to own a little piece of heaven but at 100.00 a guest ..............
faget about it(said in an italian accent) ;D
I'm going to add a little more to that. first its a hunting and camping club, Not a atv or off road park. The idea is to protect the land, thats why guest pay $100.00 for a weekend and must stay with the land owner at all times. Theres also a speed limit of 15 mph.
I will go one step further. When I was leaving on last Sunday morning, they were turning away guys with two wheeled dirt bikes. No dirt bikes allowed period....
Its ok if you have guns, and 4x4's. If you have a dirtbike and a fast quad, there is really no use for them out there except to go slow, which isnt fun when you have the power to rip it up.
Not sure if you guys know about it, but on confusion corner going about 20mph untill your out of the camp sites, I got to the swimming hole in about 15 minutes and people were just looking at me like I was breaking the law but yet kids drink and stuff out there.
Track wise, I wouldnt even consider trying to make a track because a spot you think will be dry one season, could be up to two feet of water in the next three months. You never know when people will be coming around a corner, people might get confused and try the track backwards and BAM smack headfirst into each other.
If you are looking to drink beer, shoot guns and go through mud.. Its for you.. If you have somewhat of a adrenelin fix that is needed every time you ride... I suggest you save the money and start racing in FTR.
Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 11, 2006, 04:57:16 PM
Its ok if you have guns, and 4x4's. If you have a dirtbike and a fast quad, there is really no use for them out there except to go slow, which isnt fun when you have the power to rip it up.
Not sure if you guys know about it, but on confusion corner going about 20mph untill your out of the camp sites, I got to the swimming hole in about 15 minutes and people were just looking at me like I was breaking the law but yet kids drink and stuff out there.
Track wise, I wouldnt even consider trying to make a track because a spot you think will be dry one season, could be up to two feet of water in the next three months. You never know when people will be coming around a corner, people might get confused and try the track backwards and BAM smack headfirst into each other.
If you are looking to drink beer, shoot guns and go through mud.. Its for you.. If you have somewhat of a adrenelin fix that is needed every time you ride... I suggest you save the money and start racing in FTR.
thats what i've been hearing. its more for utility quads.
Quote from: svtbolt04 on January 11, 2006, 04:57:16 PM
Its ok if you have guns, and 4x4's. If you have a dirtbike and a fast quad, there is really no use for them out there except to go slow, which isnt fun when you have the power to rip it up.
Not sure if you guys know about it, but on confusion corner going about 20mph untill your out of the camp sites, I got to the swimming hole in about 15 minutes and people were just looking at me like I was breaking the law but yet kids drink and stuff out there.
Track wise, I wouldnt even consider trying to make a track because a spot you think will be dry one season, could be up to two feet of water in the next three months. You never know when people will be coming around a corner, people might get confused and try the track backwards and BAM smack headfirst into each other.
If you are looking to drink beer, shoot guns and go through mud.. Its for you.. If you have somewhat of a adrenelin fix that is needed every time you ride... I suggest you save the money and start racing in FTR.
Ya... Its a hunting and camping club! BTW; most swamp buggies dont have brake, so next time you speed down the trails. remember that if you hit a buggy... YOU LOSE! ;)
Actually, I have a piece of land out there.
The speedlimit is only for the front camping area. Once you get out back in the open area, you can open it up. You have to stay out of the canals where they're marked.
It's better suited for utility quads, 4x4 trucks...but I still have fun on my 450r.
There's no tracks, but I have found a few jumps way out in the back, they're hidden.
It's really flat along the bombing range side, so you can open it up out there on the straight aways.
It's 35,000 plus acres. Once you get back past the campsite area, it's really pretty.
It's good for light riding. You can ride around and explore all day without seeing the same place twice.
You can get 4 people together and buy a quarter interest. (Max 4 people per deed) Which will substantially reduce the price factor.
I don't ride there during hunting season, partly out of respect, and partly out of the fear of catching a stray bullet.
Everyone I run into out there is friendly, but I do hear on some of these posts that people are hating on the sport quads and dirtbikes.
You can ride down there during the week, and talk to the gatekeeper...they'll let you ride around in a 4 wheel drive vehicle if you tell them you want to look at property to purchase.
how far back are these jumps, the farthest i've ever been was the rope swing.
Where is this place located? Ive heard a lot about it, but cant pinpoint the location!
Quote from: BCConviber on January 11, 2006, 04:37:48 PM
I will go one step further. When I was leaving on last Sunday morning, they were turning away guys with two wheeled dirt bikes. No dirt bikes allowed period....
Thats as of Jan 1st. No more dirt bikes.
If you go back to the first canal, then turn about 160 degrees to the left, and follow the canal back towards the front gate, they're off to your left. Hard to see if you don't know what you're looking for.
I'll try and map it on my GPS and post it after my next trip down there.
A couple of people I know own out there. I was told you have to buy your land for how ever much and then you also have to buy a camp site because you can't just camp anywhere you want. If that is true how much more does the camp site cost?
Quote from: enniehall on January 19, 2006, 06:03:55 PM
A couple of people I know own out there. I was told you have to buy your land for how ever much and then you also have to buy a camp site because you can't just camp anywhere you want. If that is true how much more does the camp site cost?
you don't have to buy the camp site. you just have to pay your annual dues.
Quote from: enniehall on January 19, 2006, 06:03:55 PM
A couple of people I know own out there. I was told you have to buy your land for how ever much and then you also have to buy a camp site because you can't just camp anywhere you want. If that is true how much more does the camp site cost?
Not exactly... Once you buy land you are entitled to a camp site. You have to pick your spot and then get it approved...this process can take awhile.
Having Peach Schnapps helps...right Scott? Some have sold their camps as is but you won't find that very often, you still have to buy a deed ;)
so do u have to own property, or know someone and go with them that has property, to ride there at all??
That's exactly right Mudmonkey... You must be a property owner or a guest of a property owner
I've owned property out there for three years and have not been able to pick out a camp site. Every time I go out there all I get is a run around. If some one can give me some pointers or a contact I would greatly appreciate it.
anyone on here wanna sell thier deed ???
Well they wrote this on the other site...Now i know why so many others cant get a camp site. If your not a redneck, forget about it... ???
QuoteRR 101 If your a Hunter or A Neck its open to Ya, If your a City Slicker your Screwed and then all rules apply!!!!!!!!!!! Oh by the way I am an owner
Quote from: BCConviber on January 20, 2006, 03:17:06 PM
That's exactly right Mudmonkey... You must be a property owner or a guest of a property owner
ok thanks! anyone have property out there?!? lol ;D