My brother went to the hospital today and he broke his scapula and dislocated his shoulder :(. We were at sand mountain Sun. and after the races were over he was riding the track and came up short on a jump and crashed pretty hard. I helped him load his bikes up and helped him in to his lifted truck and some how he drove home (his truck is a stick). He stayed in bed Mon. and decided this morning that it needed to be looked at. The doctors said a break like his is unusual and he is seeing a specialist tomorrow. This stinks because not only is he my brother but my best friend and riding buddy.
Man sorry to here about this Ill be praying for him tonight.May he get well soon.
damn that sucks.
i hate to hear when someone gets hurt but i guess its the nature of the beast.
although it sucks he got hurt, its always good when you can walk away from a wreck.
speedy recovery bro.
Sorry to hear that. Hes definitely in my prayers!
Chillen,
Sorry to hear about your bro, I hope he heals quickly.
Matt, let me know how J's doing or if yall need anything. He will be in our prayers.
that sucks i did the same thing there that day, but i did not break any bones just some bruised ribs! my thoughts go out to you and your brother and hope he has a speedy recovery so both of you can ride again!
Lots of this going around lately. Prayer sent for your brother.
Good Luck , hope all turns out well. Got to be careful ridin' , lot of fun but can be dangerous.
Thats sucks man I hope he has good luck and he will be in my prayers.
Prayers and well-wishes for your brother, Matt. Hope he gets well real soon.
Kurt
my prayers go out to ur brother.
sorry to hear that matt. hope he recovers fast. oh, btw, my cdi box went out again. it happened the next day after i met ya'll at the "out back crab shack".
jeff
Chillin, We hope your Bro is doing well and on the speedy road to recovery ;D.
He will be in our thoughts and Prayers as well
Get well soon, hoping for a speedy recovery.
Hope and pray that God heals your brother soon
prayers are out...god bless..
Sorry to hear about your brother Matt. I know scapular breaks are difficult. I hope the specialist can get humpty dumpty put back together so you both can continue riding. My prayers and thoughts are with your brother and your families.
Thanks everybody. Getting hurt stinks, but not as much as sitting saftely on the couch and never having any fun.
WOW we lost at least 2 riders this weekend!!!! Matt, sorry to hear about your bro wish him the best of luck and a quick recovery. Injuries SUCK A$$!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Freakk
another prayer for another downed rider.
maybe I smell a "Healed Rider Group Ride" coming up once all these guys heal up ;-)
Id@
Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he has a full recovery, and can get back out on the bike with no problems. God bless him and your family
Hope he heals fast Matt! Could have been alot worst.
My prayers go out to your brother for a fast recovery. If he is any thing like you he is a hell of a guy and tough. If theres any thing i can do shout! ;)
I hope your brother gets better soon, I know he's not feeling up to par. I think I have an idea what he is going through. Get well soon so we can ride again.
Hey Matt, I just had a great idea. Bring your brother up here to St.Pete and I'll start an assisted living facility. My wife and I are getting good at this stuff. ;D
Bruce and J can bunk up and we'll feed'm percs.
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on January 11, 2006, 01:54:22 PM
Hey Matt, I just had a great idea. Bring your brother up here to St.Pete and I'll start an assisted living facility. My wife and I are getting good at this stuff. ;D
Bruce and J can bunk up and we'll feed'm percs.
Ill bunk up too for some free percs!!!!
Sorry to hear that Matt. Tell my zilla brother I hope he gets better real soon ! ;)
wishing him well soon....hope everything goes well with the specialist.
Matt,
What did your brother find out from the specialist today?
They couldn't see him today, he's going tomorrow afternoon. I'll let everyone know what they say. Thanks again for the support.
Please do, He's in our thoughts and prayers.
Good news. The Doc said it was a very unusual fracture but everything was pretty much in place. They think that if he keeps it VERY still that it should heal without surgery. They want to see him back in 2 weeks for more X-rays. The hardest part will be doing nothing and waiting.
Good to hear. Now it's just a waiting game. Thanks for the update.
Chillin,
Praying for your brother, Sounds like God already answered some of it! Thank You God! Atleast he is not in a half body cast or traction! ThankYou God, I Pray for a speedy recovery,
Later, 321GONE
Thanks for all the support,i knew this was a great group of people on this forum. But when something happens it really shows how great you all are.THANKS JASON
Hope he gets better. I broke my collar bone 8 weeks ago, I can imagine what he is going through. IT SUCKS! I will say a quick one for him!!!
Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 11, 2006, 02:54:55 AM
Thanks everybody. Getting hurt stinks, but not as much as sitting saftely on the couch and never having any fun.
right matt, i hate being that safe. like somebody posted on here a few years ago " if we wanted to be real safe we would have taken up stamp collecting". we all have chosen a hobby that can offer a big adrenaline rush, but there can be a big down side to it. we have to take the good with the bad like it or not.
jeff
Damn Sorry to hear about J,Wish him a speedy Recovery,Whens he's back up to par I'll Come Spank them 4fiddys of yalls around ;)
i too wish you both a speedy recovery! now do what the doc says so it heals proper ;)
Glad to hear he is going to heal with out surgery. God has bless him now keep him still ;)
Quote from: Moose on January 11, 2006, 01:02:34 PM
I hope your brother gets better soon, I know he's not feeling up to par. I think I have an idea what he is going through. Get well soon so we can ride again.
Lifting your brother up chillin, good to see your doing some what better moose.
Here I am coming up on 1 year later since my wild crash. Get better yall
Matt, Thanks for the update !!!!! Ive been really busy lately and wondering how Jason was doing!?!?
Hope you get back to your old self Quickly, NOW JUST BE STILL !!!
Prayers for ya my brother!!!!! ;)
Dang Matt I just found this about Jason tell him to take it easy & don't make us take his YFZ away. You know some people can't take all the power (Smoke). hahahahahaha
Sorry About your Brother, Havent been on here much, it sucks to see a rider down. He is in our Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Good to hear things are looking up for ya. Now both of us have to be quiet for a while, not fun at all. See ya on the trail soon.