Anybody done this event before? The next one is Feb 12.
That sounds interesting. Is there more info or a website?
The website is www.XIIR.com
I emailed the promoter for info but no reply yet. I will post any info I find.
I went last year, and it was OK, seems kind of small for something like that, they had a quad with a Harley Davison motor :o to much power for such a small space.
I have Ice raced with my banshee several years ago up in Wi.
That arena is to small.
We had ours on frozen lakes.
By the time anyone sets up their quad its not worth it.
You would be better off going up to Wi for a winter vacation.
Its amazing the amount of people I meet here that have never been out of the state with their quad.
Several of us are already set up for flattrack racing and were displaced when Dade City shut down a few weeks ago. The ice racing just seemed like some fun we haven't tried.
YFZ450,
who did you get ahold of to get to race at the Ice Palace?
fast,
i think he watched.. not raced...
I din't race, I just went to watch, but there were some local guys, I'm pretty sure you can find something on internet.
hey guys my boyfriend is following the XIIR circuit!!! I think they need a few quads to race the amateur class but it is first come first serve!!! Any of y'all that want some more info or have any questions email me at yfzcutie113@yahoo.com thanks Brandi
we contacted them, we could have had 4 bikes there.. but it way to much $$$ to spend for no return....
Quote from: WareRacing07 on January 24, 2006, 09:34:02 PM
we contacted them, we could have had 4 bikes there.. but it way to much $$$ to spend for no return....
See thats what I said earlier. A few of you have no idea how long and tedious it is to put screws in all four tires.
If you contacted the promoter youo needed to ask them about renting some tires, last year I believe you could rent tires with screws, much cheaper than buying your own, or contact Cahills Yamaha in Zephyrhills, I believe they have a set of ice tires there.
i was going to race it but i got a national. :(
idk personally i think it wuld b boring to race it... iwent last year and thought it wus kool but dont kno about goin again
its just a small oval and prolly dont get out of 2 or 3 gear
but they do some kool wheelies and that harly bike wus loud as he^^
i have never even seen a race but i think it would be a lil boring to.
who asked ya? ;D
dont rip on what we like to do..
first you were going to race now its boring?
just because i was going to race it dosnt mean it cant be boring some xc race race on motocross tracks and thry dont like it or what ever and no one has to ask freedom of speach ;)
Quote from: ssmotorsports_Sara_130 on February 01, 2006, 10:24:12 PM
just because i was going to race it dosnt mean it cant be boring some xc race race on motocross tracks and thry dont like it or what ever and no one has to ask freedom of speach ;)
WTF.. are you high? go back to english class.. i cant make head or tails of what your point is..
who the hell is this? :-\
YOU MUST BE HIGH.. PARANOID... ;)
HAHAHA!!! killing me!!! 2:L 2:L :L :L
do i know you.
No, I dont think so.. but maybe.. heck who knows!
Fast, do you know him??
do u know me
No, I dont think so.. but maybe.. heck who knows!
Fast, do you know me??
you know about them guys with the Ice racing? they allways have a screw loose.... I know him.... :o
i dont ice i race the mx nationals.and you know me fast.
I know who that is....the "national" spelling bee winner!!!!!!
Quote from: ssmotorsports_Sara_130 on February 01, 2006, 10:24:12 PM
just because i was going to race it dosnt mean it cant be boring some xc race race on motocross tracks and thry dont like it or what ever and no one has to ask freedom of speach ;)
hey hey hey easy dont hurt my feelings. ::) who this?
dang! everyones jumping in!
Quote from: ssmotorsports_Sara_130 on February 02, 2006, 03:37:45 AM
i dont ice i race the mx nationals.and you know me fast.
I cant believe you dont know who this is! I know you know me. Hey its me!
No you're not! It's ME!!!!!
I raced the I.C.E. series back in 2002. It was fun, but you would need to travel all over the country to challenge for the championship. Plus the tracks are tiny and I never left 3rd gear. I would say it is fun for a change of pace, but I wish I could find a good 1/4 mile flat oval with some clean pro riders to race with.
Well I think the place that might work for you is
www.thunderbowlspeedway.com
The site is not up to date but they run quads every other Sat at 7pm. Next race is Sat Feb 18.
someone needs to buy my tires so they can race at thunderbowl
You guys know me? Buy them and go race... ;)
Hey Dave,
How was it Saturday night (2-18-06)? Are they going to be running there is 2 weeks? I will be ready by then and so will my friend Derek on his 250r. Is your last name Ware II? Are you they guy that won all the races at Dade City last year? If so congrats man you whooped some serious ar$e.
Quote from: FastLeftTurn on February 15, 2006, 08:36:41 AM
Well I think the place that might work for you is
www.thunderbowlspeedway.com
The site is not up to date but they run quads every other Sat at 7pm. Next race is Sat Feb 18.
Quote from: Scott270r on February 18, 2006, 11:11:34 PM
Hey Dave,
How was it Saturday night (2-18-06)? Are they going to be running there is 2 weeks? I will be ready by then and so will my friend Derek on his 250r. Is your last name Ware II? Are you they guy that won all the races at Dade City last year? If so congrats man you whooped some serious ar$e.
Quote from: FastLeftTurn on February 15, 2006, 08:36:41 AM
Well I think the place that might work for you is
www.thunderbowlspeedway.com
The site is not up to date but they run quads every other Sat at 7pm. Next race is Sat Feb 18.
David Ware!!! I know that guy. Thats a fast Banshee he had at Dade City...
Buy my tires...I need new plastics.... ;)
yeah you know that fast banshee has a bad azz motor built by the younger Ware... (cough cough) ::) wait till you see the new motor!!
t-bowl was fast light night geasey but fast.. i was whoopin those 4 bangers till my stator busted!
blah, blah, blah
;D
Ware I do believe that the 4 strokes were !st and 2nd all night and took home the trophies!
like i said... stator broke... but i remember the days when you were ALWAYS in the back holding us up..... dont let that head swell to much.. BTW how many times have you came in 1st? once.. MAYBE twice... i think the banshee's has 95% of the 1st place wins... even when there was only one of them on the track and 5-7 4 strokes.. nouf said.... One of the ware bikes was whoopin you on a stock stroke, stock carbs, stock pistons, and no porting....and still handed it to you.. then you went and bought a new bike just to be competative.. whacha going to do when dave puts the new motor in... you gonna be spending the money again... ;) :o
So Dave won all of those races with a completely stock motor? WOW that is very impressive he must be one heck of a rider. I am looking forward to racing him soon.
Quote from: Scott270r on February 19, 2006, 08:37:58 PM
So Dave won all of those races with a completely stock motor? WOW that is very impressive he must be one heck of a rider. I am looking forward to racing him soon.
One of the most smothest riders I have ever seen on a Banshee.
Than again I never seen him ride on a track like Hendry with 1' ruts from stock cars. That track played hell on everyone back in the day.
Quote from: Scott270r on February 19, 2006, 08:37:58 PM
So Dave won all of those races with a completely stock motor? WOW that is very impressive he must be one heck of a rider. I am looking forward to racing him soon.
not ALL but several.
"THE STOCK BANSHEE" you built has always had trouble with a certain 450 now there are two 450s it has trouble with and the third was revealed last night. I was once told to build my bike fast now we should say the same about you UNDERWARE'S :o
Just curious, what king of pipes is Dave using? Also, question for Matt, have you tried any other pipe on your 330 kit? Who built your 330 kit too?
Quote from: Scott270r on February 19, 2006, 09:58:22 PM
Just curious, what king of pipes is Dave using? Also, question for Matt, have you tried any other pipe on your 330 kit? Who built your 330 kit too?
Check your PM's... ;)
scott,
T-5's.
doug,
Have you ever noticed how your "always catching some one" but you dont end up 1st.
Just like the "man i flew past chris!!" you were so excited.....not knowing i was getting off the track during practice.... LOL... the day you win the big :Fp THEN you have the right to brag until then maybe you should :foot.gif
funny how those 450's as you call them have over 100cc's more than the two strokes and you still cant beat them.... maybe its not your bike after all :'(
BTW the "STOCK BANSHEE" comment implies im lieing about the motor... you should know me better than that.
now be a good boy or next time ill roost you!!! ;D brrraaaapppp!!!
Doug,
I didnt get to race much with you guys but it sure seems that Chris pulls off the track alot more than everyone else. :o :o
This guy has an excuse for everything. ???
Just busting your balls Chris if its OK with you? :o ;D ;D
so much for 2 strokers sticking together.
I pulled off twice... the first time a reed broke and the second time i was running a barrowed bike that wouldnt get out of its own way... but if memory serves in the A main i finished ahead of you and that was with a stock bike... plus wasnt that like a year and a half ago?
;D
feel free to come to t-bowl if you need a riding lesson....
is it ok if i bust your ball matt? ???
dang where my brother at.. i need some back up!!
I think you right. I pull off the track when the dumb azz flager didnt throw the yellow when my friend was rolling on the ground in turns 3 and 4. Ahhhh Dade City and the good old days. ???
Yep I think it has almost been a year. Glad your memory works better than your quad... :o :o :o ;D
You can but my balls its ok.... We better watch out or 32x will be in here with all the ball talk. You know thats whats allways on his mind. :o :N
im sure he will be around soon... its 12:15 he should be waking up now...
now that i have a dedicated drag bike and a flat track bike all the bugs are worked out. it causes a lot of problems swaping carbs, intakes, clutches, & swingarms between each venue....
excusses, excusses, get your sh!t together and get it right so the 4-strokes can stroke it on around the track
Quote from: WareRacing07 on February 20, 2006, 12:14:54 PM
now that i have a dedicated drag bike and a flat track bike all the bugs are worked out. it causes a lot of problems swaping carbs, intakes, clutches, & swingarms between each venue....
Some of us broke folk cant afford 2 quads... Yes its a pain to switch it around so thats why Im going with mx. At least I can still trail ride it.
Come on fastltz2 Buy my chit !
he has that new suz 450 now........
hes no longer fastltz2..
now its.... yellowturd2.. :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif
thats funny...... seriously, for a stock bike (so far) that bike was moving pretty quick. better watch your six doug.... garys commin'!
if its just our group out there why not have megan race too?
O No. Another Suzie... Havent you learned yet? :N ;D
Quote from: WareRacing07 on February 20, 2006, 10:28:20 AM
dang where my brother at.. i need some back up!!
Here I am! I've been doing "honey do's " today and just logged on. My neck is still wrenched from going tires up Saturday night...all driver error so I'm not as smooth as ya'll may think, thanks for the assumption though. And to lay the suspicion to rest, yes majority of the races I won were on a stock motor. The motor I run now wasn't built until June of 2005, long after the hay days at Dade City when all the Naples crew was coming up...those were some good races! Doug you need to fess up now and tell everyone I was ahead of you until I washed up and let you go by underneath. We all agreed that the only place to pass was around the bottom and I left it open for ya!!! When the track has grip and we can race two and three wide then we will see torque and horsepower show up!
Hello Ladies. ::) ;D
what now CHris if you got something to say to me abiut me racing come on and say it this isnt Doug your talking to. I will race any f-ing time i want.
and truthfully it hasnt been doug talking at all. Its been me the whole time. Id rather race TT track flat track has gotten boring esp. after racin so long at dade city
Ok guys I was just checking the schedule for Thunderbowl...
http://thunderbowlspeedway.com/schedule.html
...looks like there isn't a Quad race until March 18 because bike week is in two weeks and I am guessing the track isn't running anything that weekend. If anyone hears differently create a post to let us all know. I have a call into the track about other issues but still waiting to hear back.
Scott, you are correct.
Bummer.... but at least that gives me more time to dial my jetting in. I got a new top end from ESR and it isn't dialed in yet. I am still trying to figure out what pipe to go with too. Was the track slick or did it have a nice "blue groove" in it?
In response to the lady who said flattracking was boring, well maybe Derek and I can change that a little. Oh yeah and one last thing, I have never raced with a stock engine. I'm not that good. I know I would get smoked on a stock 250R, so hats off to you for winning any race ever with a stocker.
Quote from: z400chic on February 20, 2006, 06:12:28 PM
what now CHris if you got something to say to me abiut me racing come on and say it this isnt Doug your talking to. I will race any f-ing time i want.
Megan,
Calm down now, Have i EVER said ANYTHING disrespectful to you? Then why would i start now?? It was an invite not a disrespect, its because i would like to see you race with "US" but i worry if there the "other" racers on the track. I wouldnt want you to get hurt. I meant that in a nice way, obviously not the way you read into it.. i wasnt ripping on you, or talking trash about you. Ask around about what i have said about your racing skills.. it was all positive. If I had something to say about you (which i wouldnt since your a female) i sure as hell wouldnt dance around it.. after as long as we have known each other i would think you would have known at least that about me... before you jump the gun and come out fighting take a second to think about what is being said and if thats in that persons charactor.. It would be a shame to lose friendships over miscommunication...
PS, If you want to trash talk (which is fine)you and doug need to get two different screen names, everyone thought Doug was typing not you.. once again miscommunication...
Quote from: Scott270r on February 20, 2006, 09:31:11 PM
Bummer.... but at least that gives me more time to dial my jetting in. I got a new top end from ESR and it isn't dialed in yet. I am still trying to figure out what pipe to go with too. Was the track slick or did it have a nice "blue groove" in it?
In response to the lady who said flattracking was boring, well maybe Derek and I can change that a little. Oh yeah and one last thing, I have never raced with a stock engine. I'm not that good. I know I would get smoked on a stock 250R, so hats off to you for winning any race ever with a stocker.
your telling me about stock 250r's! that was the barrowed bike i was talking about!
Quote from: Scott270r on February 20, 2006, 09:31:11 PM
Bummer.... but at least that gives me more time to dial my jetting in. I got a new top end from ESR and it isn't dialed in yet. I am still trying to figure out what pipe to go with too. Was the track slick or did it have a nice "blue groove" in it?
In response to the lady who said flattracking was boring, well maybe Derek and I can change that a little. Oh yeah and one last thing, I have never raced with a stock engine. I'm not that good. I know I would get smoked on a stock 250R, so hats off to you for winning any race ever with a stocker.
The track was very slick and it doesn't have any banking but it was slick b/c the track was short on help and we and the microsprint guys asked for water to be put down several times but never really got what we were asking for. In the main event it was real dusty and visibility was not too good. The only groove was against the cones around the bottom so it was like follow the leader. When we raced there last time the track was wet down with a tank and it was tacky all night so racing could be 3 wide...the way it should be.
I brought a stock R to Dade City a couple times while mine was apart...it was ugly. Nowadays what is stock or who is stock ??? Hope to c ya'll soon!
Quote from: LIV2RIDE on February 20, 2006, 05:29:56 PM
Hello Ladies. ::) ;D
Corey,
Where have you been? And yes Ocala aka Thunderbowl is running so bring out your R. I saw some retored pics recently...very nice!
Quote from: FastLeftTurn on February 20, 2006, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: LIV2RIDE on February 20, 2006, 05:29:56 PM
Hello Ladies. ::) ;D
Corey,
Where have you been? And yes Ocala aka Thunderbowl is running so bring out your R. I saw some retored pics recently...very nice!
Ohh, I'll be runnin with you boys again real soon. I'm puttin another R together for F/T real soon. I gotta get my shop built first. See ya on the track real soon.
Quote from: FastLeftTurn on February 20, 2006, 09:47:14 PM
Quote from: Scott270r on February 20, 2006, 09:31:11 PM
Bummer.... but at least that gives me more time to dial my jetting in. I got a new top end from ESR and it isn't dialed in yet. I am still trying to figure out what pipe to go with too. Was the track slick or did it have a nice "blue groove" in it?
In response to the lady who said flattracking was boring, well maybe Derek and I can change that a little. Oh yeah and one last thing, I have never raced with a stock engine. I'm not that good. I know I would get smoked on a stock 250R, so hats off to you for winning any race ever with a stocker.
The track was very slick and it doesn't have any banking but it was slick b/c the track was short on help and we and the microsprint guys asked for water to be put down several times but never really got what we were asking for. In the main event it was real dusty and visibility was not too good. The only groove was against the cones around the bottom so it was like follow the leader. When we raced there last time the track was wet down with a tank and it was tacky all night so racing could be 3 wide...the way it should be.
I brought a stock R to Dade City a couple times while mine was apart...it was ugly. Nowadays what is stock or who is stock ??? Hope to c ya'll soon!
the suzuki is stock and I am stock lol you girls got it coming
the suzuki is stock and I am stock lol you girls got it coming
[/quote]
Stop mocking me! And next time you spin out in from of me stop rolling backerds so I have to go way around you while yo pa is runnin away with it!!!! LOL
Was someone talking about my balls again ? :o
Quote from: Quad32x on February 22, 2006, 10:01:19 AM
Was someone talking about my balls again ? :o
like allways....Day Late and a dollar short old man. :tsktsk.gif
HAHAHA!!!
Watch it south Fl. punk boy and quit laughing fat boy ! :o 2:L
Quote from: Quad32x on February 22, 2006, 10:31:50 AM
Watch it south Fl. punk boy and quit laughing fat boy ! :o 2:L
must be talking about matt!
Quote from: WareRacing07 on February 22, 2006, 10:36:53 AM
Quote from: Quad32x on February 22, 2006, 10:31:50 AM
Watch it south Fl. punk boy and quit laughing fat boy ! :o 2:L
must be talking about matt!
Hey Mullet Man! Get it right.. Ware's the fat punk and im the south Fl boy. :o ;D
Knob!
wait now...your not so skinny yourself there matt but ive been hitting the gym and dropped 10 lbs aready....
Quote from: WareRacing07 on February 22, 2006, 10:57:43 AM
wait now...your not so skinny yourself there matt but ive been hitting the gym and dropped 10 lbs aready....
:ThumbsUp.gif Thats not an easy thing to do at our age.
I gained 10lbs eating popcorn wile reading the other thred the past 2 nights. ??? :-[ :K
Quote from: WareRacing07 on February 22, 2006, 10:57:43 AM
wait now...your not so skinny yourself there matt but ive been hitting the gym and dropped 10 lbs aready....
Hitting the gym ? Dont you mean hitting ON Jim ? :-[ ;D
well i would hit Jim.. but i dont know a jim... :(
maybe we call call matt jim... 8)
Well with Matt it sure wont be slim ! ;)
slim jim!
Tools you are , all tools!!! :D
hey when you get over 1500 post then you can call people tools... you tool! ;D
PS im still tring to get a deal on those cdi boxes...
Alright you two love birds. Dont you to spend enough time at home togather?
playing with your slim jim. Tools! and i got enough posts to say it.
What the heck , where all tools ! ;) ;D