WHO OUT THERE IS GOING TO BE THERE THIS SUNDAY AT SAND MOUNTAIN
i will be racing the ''b'' class. red yfz450 #53. 8)
I WILL BE RACING OUT THERE!
Bremer will be there. Has to race the B class because of nationals. If you get caught racing in anything other than the class you race nationals, then you get forced up the the next class. It seems silly but have to follow the rules.
Quote from: quadsonly4 on January 05, 2006, 09:23:45 AM
Bremer will be there. Has to race the B class because of nationals. If you get caught racing in anything other than the class you race nationals, then you get forced up the the next class. It seems silly but have to follow the rules.
Not true, small local races don't matter. If its a AMA sanction event maybe, but I never heard of it happening so far. Lot of these smaller tracks have there own series were the competition isn't up to national level and you have to run a higher class to even out the competition or the track owner will kick you out of that class. If you guys show up at a FTR race and run b class and smoke everybody you'll be move up, thats from the officials of FTR you don't have a choice. Look at all those riders that run the expert class at sandmountian TT race you think their going to run the pro class at the national I Think not. If thats the rule from the ATVA than half or more of half of the riders at the nationals are illegal. ;)
Eric are you saying the Open Expert riders at Sand Mountain TT are s l o w?? J/K
I agree with most of what you are saying. Some tracks, such as Bartow run B, C and Open. We run Open there because it is not A, B, or C, just Open.
I also do not believe running Open Expert on a TT track would have any effect on racing MX.
If most of these smaller tracks would run B, C, and Open, I do not think it would affect what you ran at the national races.
We will have to miss Sand Mountain MX race because of tranny problems. We are hoping to have both quads ready for FTR.
I am not feeling the love I didnt think we were that small. But I guess for now we are local. 1.3 Miles.
well it doesnt look like im going to make this one. my bike is toast. >:(
details on this toasted bike?
Quote from: 53yfz450 on January 07, 2006, 04:02:57 PM
well it doesnt look like im going to make this one. my bike is toast. >:(
That dosent mean you cant go!!!! Use your 350?!!?!?!? ;D.......but that does suck
Ill be racin out there and i dont know what the lowest class but ill be racin that lol ;)
its my transmission. >:( i cant race my 350 because it need a new clutch. plus im parting it out.
Jake... Man I'm thinking you need to put that bike to stock settings as much as you can. How many times has it crapped out on you?
alot. >:( we are looking into getting kory ellises old yammi. ;D but till then i just got to keep fixin it. :(
ya to bad you couldnt race today hopefully soon thow, the race was fun but i have the flu or something cause i felt sick all day but atleast i dont have to go to school tommoro.
yeah it was some good racing in the ''c'' class. all the ''b'' riders where split apart. we had a few wrecks ::) but it was a good day even though i didnt. ride. met alot of great people. thanks SM family for a great day hope to see you soon.
There wasn't many people there today. I left my bike at home so I wouldn't be tempted to wreck it before the race next weekend. I rode my Rhino around and watched my 4 yr. old ride. I did hop on my brothers bike and shoot the big hills a couple times.
it was there first race on the mx track so im sure the turnout will get better as they have more races there definitly could have been more bikes but there was alot of quads thanks sand mountain cant wait for the next race.
Thanks SM for a great day of racing. Hope to see alot more people on Feb 19th for the second mx race.
TRX9, you are very wrong on that fact. I know several riders that were forced up last year. Michelle Reisers brother was one example. He was a B national rider and A local. Someone protested him with proof and he was forced up to A class. If you refer to the 2006 supplemental rules on ATVAonline.com under atv racing, you will find the rule. It is under rider classification and it is very clear. It applies to any AMA and non-AMA event. Bartow, SM, FTR, Florida Motocross, etc all fall into a non-AMA event. This is a very important rule to know because the ATVA did force riders up last year. If you have the proof then they don't ask any questions about forcing someone up. Please read the rule book before you post the wrong info.
If he shows up to a FTR race and they try to move him up to A then he doesn't race. It is that simple. It is not worth racing a state level race to mess up your national season. I agree with the fact that the local level is much different than the national level. The rule should allow a rider to compete in one level higher at the local level without penalty. A good national B rider is an A local rider without question. I think the rule sucks but nothing you can do.
ya thanks again sm for some awesome racing, need some more 85s out there tho not much comp. It was a blast tho, track was good, great racing and tons of other bikes to watch.....just watching those quads in the A class hit that step up was worth the 1 and half hour drive!
Then theirs a lot of illegal riders out there. they never followed those rules back in the day, but I guess things change. I never had a problem with this issue I never sand bagged. Ftr series got there work cut out for them.
They are catching a bunch now. I don't like the rule but rules are rules. i don't think it is sand bagging though for the racers that are following the rules. They are just racing in the class per ATVA rules. We use the local and state races just for good practice. Race time can be some of the best practice. Great job SM, thanks again for all your support.
Maverick hows your ribs
i went t the hospital today to get them x-rayed and i got good news!!!! my ribs are not broken they are just severly brusied!!!! i am still in alot of pain but they gave me good drugs to take care of that!!!
thanks for asking and this means i will definately see you guys on sunday!!!!
Thats good news I will let the family know
ill be going sunday again to.
Quote from: #74 yz85 on January 09, 2006, 08:07:55 PM
ill be going sunday again to.
How do you feel you kinda freaked us out there we thought you were going to lose a lung We are glad you made it home safe you looked pretty sick
i had the flu or something but i stayed home from school today and im feeling better, but thanks for the concern cant wait for the next race see sunday.
Man curtis you need to stop gettin sick, so oyu can ride more
Ill be there also sunday i need alot more practice!!!
Ill be there also sunday i need alot more practice!!!
yes you do j/k see you there.
i might all depends if my bikes fixed and my dad not busy with work. :-\