Decibal limit for ocala and croom

Started by yfzkid450, March 20, 2005, 05:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfzkid450

Hey guys i was thinking about getting a tc pipe which i will use for mx but if i want to take it to croom or ocala will people b**** at me becasue its to loud. If your not aware on the decibals for the tc pipe it is 120dbs i think. Let me know i just dont want to get a ticket if i do get one.


~yfzkid

Toomey

120 is loud!!!  They might come after you for that one... But as far as I've seen, there's been some really really loud dirtbikes and quads at Croom, and no one seems to care.  Ocala they might, don't know though.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Kid, do some research, remember louder doesen't means more power, there are some other brands that give you more power and they are not that loud.
 Got to www.YFZcentral.com they have a lot of info. that will be very usefull for you.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

yfzkid450

yea i am part of yfz central i am yfzkid450 on there. I have been looking but i just wanted to find out the dbs for the florida riding places because on yfzcentral there from all over.

Old_School

They don't care. I've heard some loud azz 4 strokes. You can hear them a mile away. Just on the access roads just keep of the gas.   -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

yfzkid450


Honda328i

What you said?  Couldn't hear dat one?   ;D ;D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

KFXhead

My car used to hit 126db's. I only got a ticket once, shouldnt be a problem in the forest or croom.

yfzkid450

ok heres the weird part i called up tc today and talked to they guy and he said the decibals were 108 not 120 like everyone has been saying. Do you think they changed the decibal limit to be quiter for the new year. Im confused anyone got any info. If its at 108dbs ill be happy


~yfzkid

Old_School

I have never seen any of the park rangers out with some type of device to check the decibles.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Chuck_Norris

108 is still loud but then again I am one that searches for power without the noise, I left the open headers with  the race car, shoot I even put the baffles back into my Harley.
I am running a White Brothers E series2 Quite I am very pleased to the exhaust note and the power it develops. I have been reading alot on the new pulse charger pipe that is availible for the YFZ.  Still waiting for the Folks at YFZtech.com to release the numbers on the Dyno. from the use of that pipe. Just my $.02

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com