Raptor Rear Suspension

Started by Yamaha72, December 29, 2005, 09:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamaha72

My rear shock on my 03' raptor 660 squeaks every time it is compressed or released and it annoys the hell out of me. What can I do to stop the squeaking?????
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Da_Mtg_Man

Lose some weight.  :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.



Mine would do that every once in a while also. I just sprayed it with silicone and it stopped.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Yamaha72

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Da_Mtg_Man

The shock mounts and the spring.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

raptor426

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on December 29, 2005, 10:02:54 PM
Lose some weight.  :D Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Knowing Yamaha72, that is one of the funniest things I have heard. LMAO
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Yamaha72

Shut up justin (raptor426) you aint a light weight either
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

RaptItUp


I 've got that problem too.  (No, not the weight, well maybe i'm a few Budwheezers over what I should be).  I had a hard time figuring out where it is coming from.  Seems like everytime I spray it, the quiet lasts for a short time and then comes right back.   Any other ideas besides a new shock?  I am thinking of taking my rear suspension apart see if I could isolate it to one spot like maybe bushings.   Also curious why it only happens to some and not all Raptors.  Also does it more some days than others.  I spoke to a service guy at a dealer in Palm Harbor that I despise and said he had never heard of this on Raptors. Talked to a Raptor rider at Big Scrub and he said he had the same problem.   He said it was the shock also.

01ZX12R

Pull the upper shock bolt out and clean good to get all the old hard grease off of it. Then lube it up real good with a teflon grease and reinstall it. I have done it with 4 Raptors now and has taken care of the problem.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

RaptItUp


Thanks for the tips guys.  I will definitely try them.  I can't stand that squeak.

Yamaha72

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150