ATTN: Myspace users

Started by o4250, December 18, 2005, 01:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o4250

got this from anti-gravity tom!

ok, so heres whats going on, from what ive pieced together:

There is a "virus" on peoples myspaces.
YOU CANT SEE IT, ITS HIDDEN

it embeds itself in your TELEVISION SECTION
YOU WONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE IT UNTIL YOU CHECK YOUR ACTUAL CODE

the easiest way to check your raw code is in safe mode.

if you see a code that says embed blablahblah (im not going to write the code here, some idiot will copy it and send it to everyone else), DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY

this code copies itself into your television section, and changes your display name to "g0dOfTheN00se"

it may also do some other stuff, but i dont know what just yet.

IF SOMEONE ELSE'S DISPLAY NAME IS g0dOfTheN00se, DO NOT GO TO THIER PAGE!

they have the code on thier page, and it will copy itself right back onto your page.









I just looked on my friends list and three of them have it. I bet if you look on your friends list they will have it too. Just don't click on anybodys name that says "godofthenooses" or something like that.

klutchbuster400

thanks for the heads up, ill check my list.

klutchbuster400

only found one..................
whats your mspace link ?

Mrs.Nightbreed

Can you get it if someone that has it clicks on your page?   How do you get rid of it? I have one person on my list with it. Should I delete him from my friends list?

atvtrailer

To get rid of the G0d0fTheN00se virus,

1. Press 'Home'
2. Go to 'Safe mode', its under account settings and upload picture & stuff.
3. scroll down to Television and delete the code in there.
4. Go to edit profile and change your display name back to what it was.
05 450r #13B

RL400

Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on December 18, 2005, 01:41:36 AM
Can you get it if someone that has it clicks on your page?   How do you get rid of it? I have one person on my list with it. Should I delete him from my friends list?

no, just dont go to his page

SkyHighT100

I actually got an email and friend request from G0d0fTheN00se this morning, lol. Glad I saw this post first though. :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com