can you use a stock trx450r carb and still make competetive hp?

Started by hondajohn69, January 26, 2006, 01:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hondajohn69

can you use a stock trx450r carb and still make competitive hp?

Ida_Mann

depends on who you take it to and get engine work done.

;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Old_School

Yes. As long as the carb can supply enough fuel and air to the added mods they it should make competitive power. But once you reach a point where putting bigger jets adjust the needle and it's still not enough to give the motor air/fuel then you have to upgrade. I just did this on my zilla. I had bottom end and midrange out the wazoo but top end died.  But once I put on a bigger carb it was night and day difference. Tons of power throughout the whole rpm band. -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com