Croom riders please read.. grammer check..

Started by Hoosier Daddy, December 12, 2005, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier Daddy

Ok this may seem petty but it drives me nuts!

It is CROOM not croom!
People like to put an "s" or a "t" on the end of words and it drives me crazy! read the signs people!

Examples:

Walmarts  ( no s)
acrosst  (no t)
Kmarts  ( no s)
Next store  ( next door)
supposedly (supposeBly)
Eckerd  (Eckerds)  (when they were around)
LibRary  (Libary)
specific (pacific)
Thats all I can think of now.. Im not a grammar teacher my any means but come on!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

cutngrs

hay chris did your wife help you spell all the words right :R
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

dynodon

Chris,   it`s "library" not (libary), And I am not a grammer teacher "by" not (my) any means.
 Just picking    not (picins) on ya brotha.
 I do understand your point though, It kinda "Bugs" me too!!!
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Hoosier Daddy

#3
i spelled Library right.. whatca talkin bout fool? I made the "R" big to get the "RARY" instead of "Berry" sound.. yeah that was supposed to be BY not MY.. (shrug) typos happen... anyway im talking about how people speak, not type..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: cutngrs on December 12, 2005, 09:39:45 PM
hay chris did your wife help you spell all the words right :R

no but im sure yours did...   ;)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

Don,
if your interested, i have a coil and CDI box you can try so you can see if that your problem. While your here, i can fit you up a wheelie bar..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

o4250


dynodon

Yeah, I`ll get with Cut and find out if he found out anything else on it yet or not. We know its one or the other though. I`ll get with you , or have Troy call you!!!, Thanks much appreciated
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: o4250 on December 12, 2005, 09:54:00 PM
*grammar


;D

How could i have known you would pop in..?
were talking about the way people talk not type.
I have seen your post using thier instead of there.. so dont talk..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

o4250

Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 12, 2005, 10:01:05 PM
Quote from: o4250 on December 12, 2005, 09:54:00 PM
*grammar


;D

How could i have known you would pop in..?
were talking about the way people talk not type.
I have seen your post using thier instead of there.. so dont talk..


I was correcting your spelling. I'm very sorry I merged in trying to help.

Thrasher

Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 12, 2005, 09:32:23 PM
Ok this may seem petty but it drives me nuts!

It is CROOM not croom!
People like to put an "s" or a "t" on the end of words and it drives me crazy! read the signs people!

Examples:

Walmarts  ( no s)
acrosst  (no t)
Kmarts  ( no s)
Next store  ( next door)

supposedly (supposeBly)
Eckerd  (Eckerds)  (when they were around)
LibRary  (Libary)
specific (pacific)

Thats all I can think of now.. Im not a grammar teacher my any means but come on!

Someplace along the line there, you crossed your incorrections for the corrections...

yep, you're no grammar teacher, you sure blew that last line like something fierce!

;)
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

RL400

#12
Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 12, 2005, 09:32:23 PM
Thats all I can think of now.. Im not a grammar teacher my any means but come on!
did you mean "by any means"? ;) jk
but i know what you mean, i hate it when people say croom instead of croom. >:(

o4250

Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 12, 2005, 10:01:05 PM
Quote from: o4250 on December 12, 2005, 09:54:00 PM
*grammar


;D

How could i have known you would pop in..?
were talking about the way people talk not type.
I have seen your post using thier instead of there.. so dont talk..


And while we're on the topic of "their", "there", and "they're".


Gncc riders ride "their" quads fast.

That track looks neat, I would love to ride "there".


I think that rider has a brother, "they're" both fast.

o4250

#14
To, Too, Two.


I would like "to" go riding this weekend.

"I like 450r's", Me "too".


I have "two" tracks that I spend most of my time at.

o4250

"Your", "You're"


"Your" new elkas look awsome!


I must say, "You're" a very excellent racer.

o4250

Just trying to correct some common mistakes. ;)

Hoosier Daddy

#17
Quote from: Thrasher on December 12, 2005, 10:08:46 PM
Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 12, 2005, 09:32:23 PM
Ok this may seem petty but it drives me nuts!

It is CROOM not croom!
People like to put an "s" or a "t" on the end of words and it drives me crazy! read the signs people!

Examples:

Walmarts  ( no s)
acrosst  (no t)
Kmarts  ( no s)
Next store  ( next door)

supposedly (supposeBly)
Eckerd  (Eckerds)  (when they were around)
LibRary  (Libary)
specific (pacific)

Thats all I can think of now.. Im not a grammar teacher my any means but come on!

Someplace along the line there, you crossed your incorrections for the corrections...

yep, you're no grammar teacher, you sure blew that last line like something fierce!

;)



Thats all you could come up with?You have always been a thorn in my side, Now, go home before you get smacked boy!  you must be a "croom" person..  retard... :-\   ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

#18
Quote from: o4250 on December 12, 2005, 10:20:20 PM
Just trying to correct some common mistakes. ;)

see your getting my point... although i was talking about how people talk  VS. Type (seems like i keep saying that). You are correct. There are several on here that write so bad you cant make heads or tails of what they were tring to say.. I can understand Typos but some of these post...yikes..The point of this was to see how many people would join in with other words but i know some would take offence and try and rip me to shreads. Those who did try and rip me must be gulity of these common mistakes and took it personal!  ;)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

#19
Quote from: RL400 on December 12, 2005, 10:08:57 PM
Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 12, 2005, 09:32:23 PM
Thats all I can think of now.. Im not a grammar teacher my any means but come on!
did you mean "by any means"? ;) jk
but i know what you mean, i hate it when people say croom instead of croom. >:(


Did you even bother to read dons post......?   ;) once again ( for those who are slow).... speaking...not spelling.. not typos...  man! i feel like im teaching a special ed. class!  ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

dreth

i have to pick up a pacific item from walmarts, if they dont have it i will go acrosst the street to the k marts. if they dont have it then next store at the eckerds then supposebly i can look it up at the libary ;)

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: dreth on December 13, 2005, 06:57:33 AM
i have to pick up a pacific item from walmarts, if they dont have it i will go acrosst the street to the k marts. if they dont have it then next store at the eckerds then supposebly i can look it up at the libary ;)


YOU DA MAN DRETH!!!!!!!   GOOD ONE  ;D.... atleast someone knows how to have fun with it!  ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

o4250

Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 13, 2005, 06:13:36 AM
Quote from: o4250 on December 12, 2005, 10:20:20 PM
Just trying to correct some common mistakes. ;)

see your getting my point... although i was talking about how people talk  VS. Type (seems like i keep saying that). You are correct. There are several on here that write so bad you cant make heads or tails of what they were tring to say.. I can understand Typos but some of these post...yikes..The point of this was to see how many people would join in with other words but i know some would take offence and try and rip me to shreads. Those who did try and rip me must be gulity of these common mistakes and took it personal!  ;)

I didn't take offence nor try to rip you to shreds. I just thought that since we were on the subject of common grammar mistakes it was appropiate to do what I did. I don't have anything against you, just the people who havent passed 3rd grade.

Hoosier Daddy

I wasnt meaning you "pacificly"  ;D. the last part was a general comment.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

dreth

supposebly someone has come acrosst as a little offended. me personally...........................................give us some more so i can make more sentences ;)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com