ITP Mud Lites on a 2 wheel drive machine.

Started by Shotgun, December 02, 2005, 11:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

I would like to get new tires for my 2003 Kodiak 2x4. If I buy ITP Mud Lites do I need all 4 because the machine is only 2 wheel drive? Can I put mud lites on the back and leave the front stock? Is there any benefit to a mud tire on the front of a 2 wheel drive machine? Thanks.

wheelie_boy

My dads buddy has a recon 300 and he put the mud lites with itp rims and i think they help a lot.  I personally dont see any point in putting mud tires on the front of a 2x4 because they would juss be harder and slower to drive with.
05 kx 250f

floutlaw1

We have Bear Claws on the rear of our Lakota Sport, work great...Stokers on the front.........

otto

We have mud lites on the back of our blaster and they work great.
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

wilburz

your front tires should be a little narrower size anyways. I had mudlites on the front and rear of my 2x4. The front ones were only like 8 inches wide. You don't want 12 inch wides up there. I have dirt devils on the front of my bike now. They are pretty good tire and cheap. I run gators on the back.   
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler