increased valve noise

Started by rappy350, December 13, 2005, 12:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rappy350

I recently replaced my stock cam with a stage one cam from hotcams. I also installed a k&N filter, a dynojet jet kit, and removed the airbox lid.  Since I have done all these the valves are almost louder than the exhaust.  So common sense told me to check the valve clearance and it was perfect.  The next thing that came to my mind was a oil change and that didnt help anyhting. I dont know if it is growing on me or what but the valves seem to be getting louder.

I am afraid that eventually i will end up with a burnt out valve and I dont want to do that.     

    Does anybody know why my valves are so loud.    also what kind of oil should I run in it.  I would prefer a synthetic but that is just my opinion.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

TRX450R_Racer

The clearance on the Hot Cam might be different from stock. Did you contact them and ask? That's where I would start.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

A.T.P. RACING

As long as your certin that the installation was done properly, dont worry about the valve noise. We have done several cams in the new Raptor 350's.
Hot cams grind on their camshaft has a very aggressive lobe design. I know the valves seem very loud to you, but this is normal with the Hot Cam.


Mike
[url="//www.allterrainperformance.com"]www.allterrainperformance.com[/url]

53yfz450

i installed a aftermarket cam on my 350 and it ticked louder thatn normal. i think its normal.
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

rappy350

thanxs and what oil would you guys suggest.   I have been expeirementing with synthetic, mineral, different weights, and different viscosities.   So far the best that I have found (within driving distance) is polaris synthetic.   I heard that amsoil is the best , but there is nowhere to buy it around here.    I recently heard that A.T.P.   has amsoil but I dont know if you guys ship.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Mrs.Nightbreed

Yes I can ship it to you  8) PM me your address and how much you need and I will get a shipping price and total for you when I get to the shop in the morning.