Man is shot at MIA terminal by Air Marshalls

Started by caospop, December 10, 2005, 03:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caospop

A 44 y/o man was shot and killed earlier this week by an air marshall after reports of him acting irratically. The man then wearing a back back ran towards the air plane saying he had an explosive device. The air marshall fired 5 times killing the man after several attempts for him him to lay on the ground. Another investigation revieled hat the man was bi-polar. Some in the community say that it shpuld have been investigated more before the marshall opened fire. I say when do we investigate ? at 30,00 feet over the earth ? hummm to tell me.

I understand this was a tragety(sp?) but it just needed to be done. I have pondered on this for a while and asked myself what if this was a family member of mine that this had happened to ? I guess i would just bare down and accept it as a loss... No one wants to lose a family member but considering my line of work and my expierences,I would hurt to lose a loved one like this(which I have) and its never easy to deal with. All we can do is pray for them and hope there resting with god.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

2006YFZ450

Well he never said he had a bomb with him.  They werer interviewing a passenger on the plane and toldf the reporter he never said he had a bomb.  We don't know the full story but it's weird :-\
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Raptor700R on December 10, 2005, 07:37:02 AM
Well he never said he had a bomb with him.  They werer interviewing a passenger on the plane and toldf the reporter he never said he had a bomb.  We don't know the full story but it's weird :-\

your'e right, we DONT know the full story, so why say what you did?

I can only pray for the guy's family, and hope that the marshall's do not get reprimanded at all because if they do it will make all the other marshalls hesitate before acting in the future,,,,and I for one do not want that.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Raptor700R on December 10, 2005, 07:37:02 AM
Well he never said he had a bomb with him.  They werer interviewing a passenger on the plane and toldf the reporter he never said he had a bomb.  We don't know the full story but it's weird :-\


so, one person said he didnt say that.. but the mans wife and 200 other passangers said he did... he deserved what he got, if you dont follow orders and you make a threating gester... well better him than my family getting killed by this nut job!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: WareRacing07 on December 10, 2005, 08:27:31 AM
Quote from: Raptor700R on December 10, 2005, 07:37:02 AM
Well he never said he had a bomb with him.  They werer interviewing a passenger on the plane and toldf the reporter he never said he had a bomb.  We don't know the full story but it's weird :-\


so, one person said he didnt say that.. but the mans wife and 200 other passangers said he did... he deserved what he got, if you dont follow orders and you make a threating gester... well better him than my family getting killed by this nut job!

:bow.gif
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Chuck_Norris

Anytime that a tregedy such as this occurs we need to ask ourselves what is the price of safety? the American People are tired of these nutcases. simpythize if you want to, then get over it. you make the choises to do what you do. we have reached the age of accountabilty.

yunt2ride

If he had of not got shot, what would be the next stupid thing he does. His wife knew he was on medication and knew that hw did not take it. Maybe she needs to be arrested for taking him out in a public place without his medication. Besides parents are responsible for their childrens actions if they get into trouble. Whats the difference. Shes his wife.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

big-daddy

#7
What if they didn't shot him and the bomb when off in the airport. Hhhhmmmm.......His luck I wasn't the one pulling the trigger, he would have got the full clip. 
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Moose

The man with the backpack is the one that put himself, 200 other people, and the guy that pulled the trigger in the position they were in. Now given the time he had to think about it, not as long as we all can, put his shoes on, would you shoot, I would.

Justified with out a doubt.


LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Chillinthemost

I would of shot him.
One time I shot someone just for riding a 700raptor and acting like an azz.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 10, 2005, 12:51:04 PM
I would of shot him.
One time I shot someone just for riding a 700raptor and acting like an azz.

Was that in Clearwater? I heard about that.  ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Hoosier Daddy

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Honda250ex

Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 10, 2005, 12:51:04 PM
I would of shot him.
One time I shot someone just for riding a 700raptor and acting like an azz.
FUNNY  :D :D

I think they should of shot him in the leg or arm or something?? ??? But if he really had a bomb and they tryed to dis-arm him, the 200 passengers would be in body bags, soo its really a tough call! :-\
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: Honda250ex on December 10, 2005, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 10, 2005, 12:51:04 PM
I would of shot him.
One time I shot someone just for riding a 700raptor and acting like an azz.
FUNNY  :D :D

I think they should of shot him in the leg or arm or something?? ??? But if he really had a bomb and they tryed to dis-arm him, the 200 passengers would be in body bags, soo its really a tough call! :-\
No, it wasnt a tough call, he said he had a bomb, they shot him. End of story.

GSPKurt

Quote from: Honda250ex on December 10, 2005, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 10, 2005, 12:51:04 PM
I would of shot him.
One time I shot someone just for riding a 700raptor and acting like an azz.
FUNNY  :D :D

I think they should of shot him in the leg or arm or something?? ??? But if he really had a bomb and they tryed to dis-arm him, the 200 passengers would be in body bags, soo its really a tough call! :-\

Ask anyone in law enforcement. You don't shoot to wound, you shoot to kill. That's why it's called deadly force. He was ordered to lie down/surrender and refused to comply. He suffered the consequences of his actions. No question, the Air Marshall acted properly.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Bigscrb15

If you shot to wound he will sure you when out of the hospital, shoot to kill and he isn't gonna sue anybody. I feel the marshall was 100% justified in shooting the guy. I am getting tired of these people saying "But he was Bi-Polar." I think the next time 1 of them gets robbed or something just tell them the suspect is bi-polar and there is nothing they can do, see how quick those people change their minds.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

gery350

shoot him in the leg and he can still push the button. 
think about it,  say he did have abomb and you shoot him in the leg, well he can still push the little button that kills200+ people. shoot to kill and he aint pushin nothin. its tragic and i sympathize with the family but i'm sorry i wouldnt of thought twice about  pulling that trigger.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com