Exhaust with out rejjeting

Started by soldado37, December 09, 2005, 03:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldado37

Has anyone change the muffler on their bike and not rejjet it? I have a raptor 660 and got a gyt-r carbon fiber but haven't got the air filter jet (it's on its way), when I get the air filter I am going to rejjet it for sure but I want to go for a ride this weekend with the new pipe.

I heard this will make the engine run lean and might damage the engine. WOuld it damage it with a few hours of ride? Any comments? thanks
2002 Raptor 660R Blue

rappy350

I dont know about damaging the engine but it will run horrible. stalling, sputtering, and lack of accelaration may ruin your ride.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

ratrider44

You shouldn't have to rejet with a new exhaust.  You will with a better air filter and with more air flow.  Put on the exhaust and try it. It shouldn't hurt the motor.
2003 Suzuki Z400

TRX450R_Racer

It will run very bad;y and EXTREMELY HOT!!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

clancooler

change jet, i was told not to change the jet by the instructions and am paying for it. ran too lean and froze my rings inside my piston luckily its only a 30.00 mistake.
2004 DVX 400
full White Bros Pro Alum. Exhaust
Oneal Bars
Honda Throttle

soldado37

Quote from: clancooler on December 13, 2005, 10:06:59 PM
change jet, i was told not to change the jet by the instructions and am paying for it. ran too lean and froze my rings inside my piston luckily its only a 30.00 mistake.

I ride it with the pipe last saturday, it seemed OK, but I am definately rejetting it when I get the K&N filter.
2002 Raptor 660R Blue