Rodman Dam Ride '06

Started by Jeffgre, December 07, 2005, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffgre

Hello All, Any news on the annual Rodman Dam ride in January. I see there's a clean up scheduled and that's a good idea.

How about the ride? Need to start getting the gang together.

Thanks



BADAZZ750

I live 30 minutes from there and I am ready whenever.
05 BRUTE FORCE 750 WITH 27`S (MINE)        05 POLARIS PREDATOR 50 (DAUGHTERS)

Agent

I think I could be able to make that... Feb would be better though, cause I should have another quad for the old lady...
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

easyrider

End of Jan. or eary FEB. I'll be there with my kid. Never been, need directions keep me updated

Toomey

Is that a long weekend or not? 
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

MotoMike

Hell, I'm ready for a ride...hopefully by then I will have something to burn up the mud holes with... ::)

Mike

Agent

i'm in! I've wanted to go for a while now! Maybe nows the chance!
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

rubicon500kid

im in ill have my 4x4 and my 400 now i jsut need to fix my sis recon is this ride going to be slow or fast
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

mid keneval

I'm in for sure and a couple more riders too can't wait. ;)

susieblazer



    We may be in too...................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

gearhead400

hopefully i'll have that weekend off so i can make it.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Agent

I might be up for the 11th and 12th.
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

flmedic911

Can someone give me directions to Rodman Dam from Mill Dam Lake? 

When are we wanting to do this ride :) ;D?


FLMEDIC911 ::) 8)

eric

Quote from: flmedic911 on January 02, 2006, 01:01:19 PM
Can someone give me directions to Rodman Dam from Mill Dam Lake? 

When are we wanting to do this ride :) ;D?


FLMEDIC911 ::) 8)


Take hwy 40 east to 19. Make a left and go north. On 19 you will also pass an intersection on the left (rd 314) keep going straight for approx another 20 minutes and you will pass over a small bridge going over the Oklawaha River, then you know you a real close. Keep going and then you will see a large sign on the left that says Rodman Campground, fishing, etc. In the background should be the start of a huge bridge so you want to turn before the bridge. Across the road there is a sign for a "Boy's Ranch" Turn left at the Rodman campground sign and follow the road down about 3 miles to parking area. Road dead ends into Rodman Pit.
If you pass the sign you will know because you will go over the "barge canal" a huge bridge. If so turn around go over the bridge and make your first right turn coming in that direction (south)


Below is a pic of the sign on your left side where you turn.






Bigscrb15

Quote from: Jeffgre on January 03, 2006, 08:19:13 AM
Thanks Eric!!!  :)

Hope that helps Flmedic911. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Now all we need is an updated GPS route for the ride. I have a track from last year but need an update as we were hacking through trees due to the hurricanes.  ???  ???

Any one have the 60 mile (approx) route to the 88 station and back?

Any help would be great!!!!!

Thanks.


I think the trails to get to the 88 store are closed. Also, with the way the rangers were talking this weekend at Big Scrub, Rodman might be closed by then. Anything in the ONF right now is kinda just go and see if its open and hope for the best. We were told by the rangers that after the 1st of the year all the trails will be closed to start the maintained trail system.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

jaxdawg

we might be in too but we probly won't spend the night.  so all the major riding will be done on saturday right

POLARIS 330

IAM IN AND SO ARE TWO OTHERS WE CANT WAIT 8)

themensh

  February 11th!  Got it on my calendar..........

  Will try my best to make one of these GROUP RIDES (at least be on time).
I will not be camping....but what can I expect at the starting point?
Are there Bar-b-que grills?  Bathrooms?  I have never been to Rodman......
fill me in.

      Chuck 'roast

eric

#18
Quote from: chuck (roast) on January 07, 2006, 10:51:20 AM
  February 11th!  Got it on my calendar..........

  Will try my best to make one of these GROUP RIDES (at least be on time).
I will not be camping....but what can I expect at the starting point?
Are there Bar-b-que grills?  Bathrooms?  I have never been to Rodman......
fill me in.

      Chuck 'roast

From what I remember from my Rodman ride last year the bathrooms are the nearest bush or tree of your choice  ;D You basically park right next to the sandpit and thats where you start from. You will need to bring food and drinks because its a ways to the nearest store.

jjamesbar

you cant legally ride to the 88 store any more. there are other destinations that are good. i havent been on-line in 2 months so im not sure if that trail system has started yet or not.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

cfrhinorider

Is anyone welcome on this ride. I have about 5 to 10 bikes coming up to this area to ride that weekend. We would love to join this ride and get to meet people and see the area. Also does anyone know of any ATV ride clubs in this area?

Jeffgre

cfrhinorider...Yeah, anyone who wants to go is fine. It would be great for you to come out and ride with us. Just keep in touch in this thread or email me directly at Jeffgre@aol.com.

jjamesbar...What areas around the 88 store are blocked? Have you been recently? If you know of any other routes/areas that would be good for a decent length ride, please let me know. I just received the maps from the ranger station and will look them over. Any input would be great.

Thanks!!!

trailrider

Hey guys, I am interested in camping and joining in the fun.  I am looking forward to meeting some other people that like to ride as much as I do.

A couple of questions first.  Would it be okay for my son to go along, he is 9 but a pretty good rider? Second, I have a sport quad, I have no xtra racks to carry fuel but I am trying to get a utility quad for my wife to ride.  But if I am not able to will there be someone carrying xtra fuel or will I be able to strap some on someone's ATV that has utility racks?? 

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you guys.
Dave.

themensh

good point 'trailrider'.......how far we going on this ride?   We going to be close to empty or  what?
  I don't even know how far my quad will go (600cc devided by 5 gallons).
  I would reckon 60 miles anyway?  I don't really know.
  I think most people will be safe on a tank of gas.....60 miles is a LONG trail ride.

2 rut

i'll plan on it but i never know between my job ect.
want to meet Mr rost anyway and i always carry a spare gallon in my trunk for trailrider
98 f150 3in w/305-70-17's    
05 big bear
02 lakota  
2 kids on my weekends 
and a mortgage

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com