Need help ASAP!

Started by wilburz, December 07, 2005, 01:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

Changed my front brake pads last night. Got done with both sides and put the wheels back on and then noticed I left those little tin washer/shim things off that go around the one pad that sits against the caliper piston. Are they required? Do you really need them? what are they for? Please help. Thanks. 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Bigscrb15

I think they are supposed to stop squeaking, I don't think they are mandatory.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

wilburz

Thanks. Not to hard to take them apart again and put those things back on. 
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler