I'm curious.......is Croom really worth the drive?

Started by Pastense, November 30, 2005, 11:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastense

I'm just curious as to whether or not it is worth the drive from Hometead to go to Croom.  I know there are folks out there with an opinion on this one................let me know.
Also let me know what the ridings like...............mud, trails, jumps, dirt, rock road................etc.

Also if there is anything neat to see while there, or a must go to place. 
I am trying to convince the Mrs. of a camping trip up there..............Its a tough sell.  (she grew up in Orlando, the frakkin hotel capital of the world)
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

NPRVinson

If you are coming from south FL. it would be worth the extra time to go to ONF.

CABLEGUY1

#2
Quote from: Pastense on November 30, 2005, 11:35:28 AM
I'm just curious as to whether or not it is worth the drive from Hometead to go to Croom.  I know there are folks out there with an opinion on this one................let me know.
Also let me know what the ridings like...............mud, trails, jumps, dirt, rock road................etc.

Also if there is anything neat to see while there, or a must go to place. 
I am trying to convince the Mrs. of a camping trip up there..............Its a tough sell.  (she grew up in Orlando, the frakkin hotel capital of the world)
   Croom is closer to you than ONF. I personally like it and as far as camping it's great,especially if you need an electric hook up. It also has great showers and toilets. ONF is full of whoops especially near the camping area.  At Croom there is a big open sandpit area with water/mud in the middle. At the campsite there is a childrens riding area that is sectioned off just for beginner riders. If you don't mind paying the fifty dollars for the permit it is definitaly worth the trip. We will be camping/riding there the weekend of the10th. Feel free to look us up if you go. Don't get me wrong we like ONF too but we prefer Croom. When I say ONF I mean Big Scrub campground.

Toomey

Croom is more challenging and fun compared to Ocala, but as far as size it's not gigantic, but you can still spend days there exploring. 
At Big Scrub they're starting to get kinda picky and strict, but if you go on an empty weekend you'll be good.  The riding there is good to.
Also in Ocala is Lake Delancy, another place to camp.  That place has great camping, but in my opinion, the riding there was kinda bad.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Numkut

I think of Croom and Ocala as kinda the same. But if you don't plan on going to ONF alot it really isn't as good as Croom. Croom has more stuff in a smaller area, where as ONF has really cool stuff its just spaced apart and hard to find more than maybe two or three interesting things.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

rubicon500kid

croom is nice im going to go after the 1st of the year
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Pastense

I appreciate the input.........................Thanks
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Eworm


gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Jellie400

i ride with cableguy and his family everytime we go riding, and we have this discussion on where we like to ride better all the time, me and his brother personally like the riding better at onf but he is right about the camping being better, theres nothing like taking a shower after riding all day, and if your coming from South Miami, like i always do, you mine as well drive the extra hour and go to onf. If you go let me know how you like it.enjoy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com