Xbox 360 Glitches Reported

Started by americanhighlander, November 29, 2005, 05:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

americanhighlander

I found this today on yahoo news today.
:foot.gif :SternSmile.gif :G  :S <:( :dunno.gif :O
Don't buy  game system untill they fix glitches.
If you got for your kids this chirstmas please
take it back and wait untill they fix the problem.  :deal.gif :lecture.gif
Thanks,
amhighlander  8)

:deal.gif This what I got on yahoo news:

Xbox 360 Glitches Reported Elizabeth Millard, newsfactor.com
37 minutes ago



In an informal online poll, some Xbox 360 users have
noted that they are seeing glitches in their gaming consoles.



On the Teamxbox.com site, run by Fox Interactive unit IGN
Entertainment, a poll on the forums indicated that
between 14 and 16 percent of respondents are
having problems with their machines.

Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT - news) has not reported any major
issues and has noted that any difficulties are only
in a very small number of the consoles.

The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, and online
discussion sites have been filling up with reports on the
gameplay features since then.

Current Issues

In the Teamxbox.com forum, about 100 users
have reported issues with their consoles. Problems related
to possible overheating seem to be the most common issue,
with machine shutdowns as a result.

Users have reported that their machines shut down
after only about a half hour of play, and
troubleshooting efforts uncovered heating issues.

The results of the poll are unscientific, and are not being
seen on other parts of the Web. Some observers
have pointed out that users experiencing problems
would be more likely to report them on the site
than users who are happy with their Xbox 360
experience, which would skew the poll's results.

Also, there are a number of satisfied users also weighing
in on the Xbox 360. Currently, about 600 respondents
not only have reported no trouble,
but also have praised the console for its interface
and controller functions.

Wait and See

Possible problems with the Xbox 360 are likely to
be limited in scope, noted Forrester Research
analyst Ted Schadler,
simply because the consoles are sold out.

"Clearly, it's a hot product because you can't get one,
" he said. "There's a serious shortage in
available units, which is interesting,
considering the holiday season is so close."

But loss of holiday dollars could work out in Microsoft's
favor if glitches really do have to be fixed,
Schadler added.

"A staged rollout might be a way to minimize
the impact of any issues, if they exist," he noted.

[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Jax_Rdr_01

wow ide be mad if i waited all night camping in a tent to get one then it have problems lol
05 400ex
two brother m-7 pipe
k&n filter
dyno jet kit
WB rev kit
um nerfs
07 King Quad 450

americanhighlander

 :) i'm glad i don't own one ;) .
I'll wait untill glitches are fixed,
and try get halo3 later on down road. 8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

2006YFZ450

Thanks for this thread :ThumbsUp.gif I was going to go buy one, But know I'll wait until they get it fixed.  This always happens to new stuff.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

americanhighlander

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 29, 2005, 06:23:45 PM
Thanks for this thread :ThumbsUp.gif I was going to go buy one, But know I'll wait until they get it fixed.  This always happens to new stuff.

8)
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Honda250ex

I was thinking about it?? But the price will drop alot in a few months thanks for the thread! ;D
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

Pastense

You know I preordered mine two months ago at EB in Homestead.  I got it at 12 o'clock the night it came out.  The only thing I can't stand about the thing is that I can't stop playing it.  Already beat GUN, and about halfway through Call of Duty 2.  But the game that everyone has to get with it is PGR3.  Project Gotham Racing 3, it will flat out stop you from riding..................for a little bit anyway.
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

Numkut

Yeah Ill wait on the Xbox I might get the new Playstation, good info!
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

RL400

I'll tell you why they have so many problems.

They used IBM Power PC processors that easily overheat.  They are very powerful, just have a heating problems.  Thats the same processor that Apple Computers use.  In the early stages of the 360 Microsoft used an Apple PowerMac G5 to power the XBOX 360.  Weird huh, Microsoft used an Apple product to power their new console.  Apple Computers are switching to Intel Processors so they can become more powerful, without the overheating issues.

GJ Microsoft.  Another horrible product. :ThumbsUp.gif

AintSkeered

No bashing intended, but, you can get an Atari real cheap now, too! And, how quickly we forget the mass failures of PS2s optical eyes! My family has 2 XBox 360s they've played for hours per day without any "glitches".  It's all relative and only a friggin game, folks.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Dr.Dirt

I have never been a fan of X-Box myself, I never owned one and when I do play X-Box at my friends houses the controllers are way to big or way to small and all the buttons are confusing. I will stick with PlayStation.

RL400

The Playstation series has always been better imo.  I try not to support microsoft anyways.

Pastense

Ofcourse it is only a game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it sure beats the heck out of pinocle. (pea knuckle)
"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"

klutchbuster400

pffftt xbox360, i just found my nintendo 64 and my super nintendo in a box the other day, ive been playing those thing like crazy!

RL400

Quote from: klutchbuster350 on November 29, 2005, 09:16:39 PM
pffftt xbox360, i just found my nintendo 64 and my super nintendo in a box the other day, ive been playing those thing like crazy!

yeah dude SNES is the best console ever made!  super mario kart is the best.

TRAYWICK

na... il stick with thumb wrestling..... lol
raptor660

big-daddy

sold 4 on e-bay for over $1000.00 each.  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

klutchbuster400

you have one left over right, for me and ricky jr. to use at the camp >:D :P

RL400

#19
Quote from: big-daddy on November 30, 2005, 03:34:49 PM
sold 4 on e-bay for over $1000.00 each.  ;)

niice, how'd you get them? stood in line for awhile? or got a hook up?

by the way, theres ways of fixing the overheating problems in the 360.
if you open it up and put something small under the processors (just enough to have air flow) it should fix it. ... from what i've heard.

rappy350

If you go on alibab.com then you can get a hold of all the foreign wholesalers who have them in stock.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

big-daddy

I have 2 left, will have 2 more next week. jesse you looking for one?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

klutchbuster400

if i had the money i would :'(  i mean 1k is 3/4 what i payed for my bike lol

big-daddy

you paid normal price  ;) $1000.00 is for the suckers on e-bay. The last one sold for $1350.00
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

LakeMaryKid

Can i buy one Big DaDdio, like send money order out tomorrow or friday?
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com