2001 Honda rancher maual shift turns off in water.

Started by lswjth2, November 27, 2005, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lswjth2

Hello all. I have a 2001 Honda Rancher4x4 manual shift and everytime water gets above the floor board it turns off and will not start. I have already put dielectric
grease on the plug and all the electrical connections i can find. I can hose it down all day and it will not turn off, but if i go into the water above the floorboards it dies? any help would be greatly apprceciated... Thxs rick

rappy350

does this model have the manual shift on the handlebar.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

lswjth2

No, on this one you shift using the shift lever on the left floorboard.

kodiak-jason

Plug the vent on the carb. float bowl, the one that hangs down below the bike. That should take care of you're problem. Jason
"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock

lswjth2