No more Banshee!!!

Started by Honda250ex, November 11, 2005, 09:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honda250ex

Thats right!! Last year on the Banshee!! I personally don't care but some people have not heard!!
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dr.Dirt

Oh my god. This has been know for years now.

Honda250ex

I never knew.. and Im not joking! ???
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Honda250ex on November 11, 2005, 09:22:46 PM
I never knew.. and Im not joking! ???
and yet another remembrance from carlos mencia

" you-are- re-tar-ded"

o4250


2006YFZ450

I can't beleive you never knew that.. I think there going to stop 2-Stroke's also.  But not sure when. :-\
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 12, 2005, 07:34:09 AM
I can't beleive you never knew that.. I think there going to stop 2-Stroke's also.  But not sure when. :-\

You have got to be kidding me...The Banshee is a 2 stroke alright?..hmmm? They are stopping production. 2006 is the last year. All the other 2 strokes going to stop being produced as well. 2006 is the last year. Your acting like you know what your talking about, but the bottom line is that you don't. This has been known for years.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 12, 2005, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 12, 2005, 07:34:09 AM
I can't beleive you never knew that.. I think there going to stop 2-Stroke's also.  But not sure when. :-\

You have got to be kidding me...The Banshee is a 2 stroke alright?..hmmm? They are stopping production. 2006 is the last year. All the other 2 strokes going to stop being produced as well. 2006 is the last year. Your acting like you know what your talking about, but the bottom line is that you don't. This has been known for years.
i think the 2stroke dirt bikes are still gonna be produced, heard it form a friend so i cant declare it true like someone else who is a big know it all. >:D

Dr.Dirt

Ask Raptor700r, he knows everything.  ::)  It would not make sense for 2 stroke dirt bikes to still be in production because they have the same emissions as any other 2 stroke, thus why 2 strokes are being discontinued. Unless you mean an off-brand name like GasGas or E-ton, they will still be able to make 2 strokes due to the fact that they are not mass produced.

2006YFZ450

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 12, 2005, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 12, 2005, 07:34:09 AM
I can't beleive you never knew that.. I think there going to stop 2-Stroke's also.  But not sure when. :-\

You have got to be kidding me...The Banshee is a 2 stroke alright?..hmmm? They are stopping production. 2006 is the last year. All the other 2 strokes going to stop being produced as well. 2006 is the last year. Your acting like you know what your talking about, but the bottom line is that you don't. This has been known for years.

Well you dont even know me so how can ou say that???
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Dr.Dirt

What exactly is it that you mean by that "I don't know you so how can I say that"?? So you are saying because I don't know you that 2 strokes won't be canceled? You seem like a bright person.

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 12, 2005, 02:41:58 PM
Ask Raptor700r, he knows everything.  ::)  It would not make sense for 2 stroke dirt bikes to still be in production because they have the same emissions as any other 2 stroke, thus why 2 strokes are being discontinued. Unless you mean an off-brand name like GasGas or E-ton, they will still be able to make 2 strokes due to the fact that they are not mass produced.
i think thats what he meant, but why would any other off brand be able to continue producing 2 strokes if there all being banned for the same reason, i remember hearing that there workin on a new 2 stroke engine that eliminates all those emissions. o yeah, i know there makin a new engine thats a 6 stroke, well read asbout it any ways :P

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 12, 2005, 10:15:55 PM
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 12, 2005, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: Raptor700R on November 12, 2005, 07:34:09 AM
I can't beleive you never knew that.. I think there going to stop 2-Stroke's also.  But not sure when. :-\

You have got to be kidding me...The Banshee is a 2 stroke alright?..hmmm? They are stopping production. 2006 is the last year. All the other 2 strokes going to stop being produced as well. 2006 is the last year. Your acting like you know what your talking about, but the bottom line is that you don't. This has been known for years.

Well you dont even know me so how can ou say that???
cant you go bug people on another site. look, heres some advice, put two stroke gas in your raptor and feel the power of a 2stroke ;D >:D

svtbolt04

 I wouldnt really call GasGas a off brand.. They have much higher quality bikes than e-ton, and they have their parts locally in florida.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

#74 crf250r

TWo stroke dirtbikes are still going to be in production after 2006 except for the kx125 trust me as long as theres a demand they will keep making them.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

Dr.Dirt

Well I would believe that there is a demand for 2 stroke ATV's, espically the Banshee but they are discontinued. Dirt bikes are not as highly produced as ATV's is the only reason I can think for them keeping the 2 stroke motor as that being the same reason why the smaller companys are allowed to make 2 stroke ATV's still. I call GasGas an off-brand because it basicly is. It is not one of the big 6; Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris and Artic Cat, which in my mind makes it an off brand. If it had as high of quility bikes as the above companys than it would make more sales and be a major company and not an "off-brand" one... Just my .02

2006YFZ450

6-Stroke what kind of engine is that??
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Dr.Dirt


klutchbuster400

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 13, 2005, 04:42:51 PM
6-Stroke what kind of engine is that??

funny dr d.

im serious about the 6 stroke, i read an article way back on this site about it, its like the same power as a 2 stroke, only with less emissions ;)

53yfz450

theres a rumor about replacing the blaster with a yfz250 :o
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

LakeMaryKid

2 strokes wont be discontinued kiddies
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Dr.Dirt

Ummm, okay? I believe it's the Environmental Protection Agency that has the say so in this matter, and the truth is that 2 strokes engines can't meet the requirements of the EPA's emission standards so they are to be discontinued if they are produced in mass. Now to my understanding, dirt bikes are not mass produced so they will continue to be built until the EPA passes some new law preventing them to be built which I am sure they will. Oh, by the way I am not a "kiddie", I happen to be older than you son.

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 13, 2005, 06:40:36 PM
Oh, by the way I am not a "kiddie", I happen to be older than you son.

Uh oh tough guy.....................sarcasm..........but ok dont belive me Jr.



Eh i can still beat you in a drag race ;D
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

klutchbuster400

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on November 13, 2005, 07:59:29 PM
Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 13, 2005, 06:40:36 PM
Oh, by the way I am not a "kiddie", I happen to be older than you son.

Uh oh tough guy.....................sarcasm..........but ok dont belive me Jr.



Eh i can still beat you in a drag race ;D
i think you should challenge him to a tree pee :P

Dr.Dirt

You probably could beat me in drag race because I am running a stock Blaster, champ.  ;D  And as for you Klutchbuster..If you want yourself a challenge, heres one: Go challenge your dog to a match of who can poop on the carpet first.  ;)

2006YFZ450

Quote from: raptor350 on November 13, 2005, 06:07:28 PM
theres a rumor about replacing the blaster with a yfz250 :o

That would be awsome....
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

RL400

Quote from: klutchbuster350 on November 11, 2005, 09:43:17 PM
Quote from: Honda250ex on November 11, 2005, 09:22:46 PM
I never knew.. and Im not joking! ???
and yet another remembrance from carlos mencia

" you-are- re-tar-ded"
Oh christ,
DU DUR DUR!

Hondarider22

i heard that there going to stop making all 2 stroke bikes (quads and dirtbikes) due to the amount of polution they put out.....??? thats wat i heard, dont know wen tho

yamaha350r

yea and most of the race bikes now in motocross are 4 strokes... back wen my unle raced ( wen carmicheal was riding peewee) all the bikes were 2 stroke he had 2 yz250's and smaller bikes he won

Yamaha72

The only way to keep 2-strokes in production is to meet the emissions regulations. The only reason that I can guess they are keeping the 2-stroke dirtbikes is because of racing. When do you see a 2-stroke in modern racing? never unless it is open class. Thats why they are discontinuing the Banshee, for the blaster they said the Yamaha was trying to design a 250 4-stroke engine for the Blaster frame but well just have to wait and see.?
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: Yamaha72 on January 07, 2006, 10:36:32 PM
The only way to keep 2-strokes in production is to meet the emissions regulations. The only reason that I can guess they are keeping the 2-stroke dirtbikes is because of racing. When do you see a 2-stroke in modern racing? never unless it is open class. Thats why they are discontinuing the Banshee, for the blaster they said the Yamaha was trying to design a 250 4-stroke engine for the Blaster frame but well just have to wait and see.?

250 4 stroke? Pfftt. That would be slower than the 200cc two stroke engine in it now. No one's gonna buy that peice of crap when they could get a proven Z250 or 250EX.

svtbolt04

Quote from: Yamaha72 on January 07, 2006, 10:36:32 PM
The only way to keep 2-strokes in production is to meet the emissions regulations. The only reason that I can guess they are keeping the 2-stroke dirtbikes is because of racing. When do you see a 2-stroke in modern racing? never unless it is open class. Thats why they are discontinuing the Banshee, for the blaster they said the Yamaha was trying to design a 250 4-stroke engine for the Blaster frame but well just have to wait and see.?


Hate to break it to you, but people still run them in regular class's.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Pyro

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on November 13, 2005, 11:09:59 PM
You probably could beat me in drag race because I am running a stock Blaster, champ.  ;D  And as for you Klutchbuster..If you want yourself a challenge, heres one: Go challenge your dog to a match of who can poop on the carpet first.  ;)
OWND
The faster I go.
The more free I am.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com