clutch kit problems

Started by mudhawg, November 06, 2005, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhawg

installed highlifter outlaw extreme clutch kit,2005 700 polaris sportsman,now at 35 mph im in the rev limiter,6000 rpms at 35 mph,need help if anyone knows thanks
700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box

2006YFZ450

Are you in your Top gear right?? It's prabably installed wrong.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

backinsaddle

Quote from: Raptor700R on November 08, 2005, 02:12:41 AM
Are you in your Top gear right?? It's prabably installed wrong.

Dude, it's an automatic.  I have yet to see you post something that was accurate, or wasn't an exact repeat of something someone said previously in that thread or another.  Please don't give anyone ANY advise anymore, someone who's new here may actually listen to you to their own demise.  If you don't know....don't say anything

Mudhawg, I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like the clutch spring is too heavy, and the belt isn't riding up the clutch far enough.  I noticed in another post you stated you're topping out at around 45....that can't be right.  My knowledge of these type clutches comes from snowmobiling (the clutches are essentially the same I think).  You shouldn't lose any top end.  I assume the clutch is engaging at a higher rpm than before?

Chillinthemost

It sounds like the rollers in the front variator are installed wrong or something in that area is hanging up. I'm not familiar with Polaris but the CVT trannys in my kids quads are very similiar and I know how they work.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 10, 2005, 01:01:12 AM
It sounds like the rollers in the front variator are installed wrong or something in that area is hanging up. I'm not familiar with Polaris but the CVT trannys in my kids quads are very similiar and I know how they work.

Thats a good point bigworm and myself tinkered with the rollers also last week and learned quite abit. do you recall any of the rollers falling out during this process?

TOY_DOCTOR

I agree, I think that either your primary clutch is not closing properly or your secondary is not opening properly, most clutch kits have you changing componants in both clutches.. If one was CAREFUL you could remove your belt cover and run the engine in netural and watch the clutches to see what is happening.  KEN
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's