Modern Gun Season Starts Saturday Nov 12th. Ocala Nat Forest

Started by GrizzlyBear, November 10, 2005, 07:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyBear

Be careful starting Saturday. It would be good to NOT ride early or Late in the day, wear orange so you can be seen and go the opposite direction if you see hunters.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Just take your muffler off they will hear you way before they see you ;). Ride safe
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Ida_Mann

geez, and here I thought it started already.

OK, countdown starts this weekend to when it's safe to ride in the forest again.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jwscroll

Are we gonna have to worry about them on the trail system?
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

AintSkeered

If you're referring to the new designated trail system for ONF, that's an excellent question. If we're going to have designated ATV trails, then hunters should not be allowed to fire any weapon near those trails. I'm not sure what exact distance is currently allowed near forest service roads, but, it should be the same distance for ATV/OHV trails. 
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Ida_Mann

Quote from: AintSkeered on November 11, 2005, 12:33:02 AM
If you're referring to the new designated trail system for ONF, that's an excellent question. If we're going to have designated ATV trails, then hunters should not be allowed to fire any weapon near those trails. I'm not sure what exact distance is currently allowed near forest service roads, but, it should be the same distance for ATV/OHV trails. 

absolutely agreed.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

themensh

but still..............if you are in 'ear shot' of weapons...................
I would YIELD to the person holding the weapon
Hunting season Exempt.  (Do not argue with the man holding the rifle! LOL)
  Hunting is a sport/hobby/way of life.    I do not intend on taking away a guys (gals) trophy.
   Hunters...If I see you/hear you..........respect me and I will damn sure try to stay up range.

chuck

Hollywood

Speaking of is anyone else going to be doing any hunting? I'll be out there this weekend and probably some of the week. Gotta love vacation on opening week. ;)
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

needforspeed

it is my understanding we won't have to worry about it when the trail system starts..