Honda Rancher AT 400 won't shift

Started by TxsRanger99, November 05, 2005, 05:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TxsRanger99

Has anyone had a problem getting these things in gear. When I put it in drive the screen just has a (-) on it. I have to shift all the way down to reverse to get it back in nuetral. It just shows Neutral when it's supposed to be in reverse. I took off the plastics and used a large screw driver to push down on the likage and got the reout to day (D) but it wont move so it's not actually in drive. Now I'm stuck with no way to get it in the truck to take it to the dealer and I'm really pissed becasue I was supposed to use the rancher at work tomorrow !!! Anyone have any ideas?

TxsRanger99

For got to mention that it's barely 2 months old and has only been out 3 times. Only has 100 miles on it !!!!!

o4250

our 04 has a recall on them because of that, had the same problem.

jwscroll

You need to have the shift mechanism checked where it enters the motor housing. My friend had to have his replaced for the same symptoms.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating