why is my kodiak going straight when i turn

Started by Kodiak, October 27, 2005, 01:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodiak

i have the tire pressure right at 36psi but it seems to drive straight under power can not turn plus iam not trying to ride this like its a raptor what gives??   


Da_Mtg_Man

You have your pressure at 36 psi? You need to drop that by about 30psi.
When it's in 4 wheel drive it is harder to turn than when in 2 wheel drive.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

ppark350se

yeah thats alotta pressure i only 3psi in my holeshots. Diffrent tire but not to make up for a 33psi diffrence.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Dr.Dirt


rappy350

Hey man I only got like 4 or 5 psi in my kodiak and it is a little hard to steer in 4 wheel drive.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

kodiak-jason

What year kodiak? if it's a 93 thru 99 , it's full time 4-wheel drive and it's normal to have "hard steering". Jason
"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock

jwscroll

I've got my front tire pressure way up ther too, 20-25 psi, this keeps the front end up out of the water. I run the rears at 2 or 3 psi to drop the rear to the ground while in the hole. I tried running them at 0 psi like someones Foreman I know of, but the bead was trying to roll off the rim.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Truegrit

If it has a diff locker it will be hard to turn under power. As everyone asked, Why do you feel you need 36 psi in your tires. I run 12 and they are stiff... You have to be careful w/ tha much pressure they will puncture easily.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

wilburz

try sitting on the handle bars backwards. That seemed to work for me.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: jwscroll on October 27, 2005, 09:24:46 AM
I've got my front tire pressure way up ther too, 20-25 psi, this keeps the front end up out of the water. I run the rears at 2 or 3 psi to drop the rear to the ground while in the hole. I tried running them at 0 psi like someones Foreman I know of, but the bead was trying to roll off the rim.

lol... That is true, I seated the bead on my outlaws and then pulled the pin. I litterally run 0 lbs of pressure in the outlaws.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

svtbolt04

Tires are rated to about 50-70lbs... So go ahead and bring them up to 65psi, but I do not recomend Highspeed road driving..
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.