Flat tires.

Started by Shotgun, October 17, 2004, 11:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

Do you guys carry fix a flat, or something similiar with you? Does it work. Is there something you can put in the tire before you get a problem? Thanks.

2old2soon

I haven't had to use it yet...only had the ATV for a week now, but I found a kit at Bass Pro Shoppes that has a bottle of green slime w/ adapters for different types of tires and a small compressor that plugs into the power point on the ATV.

Nice little weight and size constrained pkg. that I hope I never have to use.  It was $24.99 and I'm sure you could order it on-line if it was something you wanted.

Wouldn't mind feedback from others on the slime though since I have never used it.  Did I waste my money or what???
'05 Kawasaki 4x4i camo

jjamesbar

i havent used the slime but i heard it works. i do carry fix a flat on the trail rides. its saved my azz more than once.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Redgrizzly660

#3
I carry a small 12 volt compressor with me at all time, fix a flat,valves stem, cores and tire plugs w/tool tire cross. Ratches strap to  reseal the beed.

Grizz

BCConviber

I run Slime in both bikes... only flat I've ever gotten was from a tree stump ripping out a valve stem. Seems to work great.
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

ace5180

 I had a flat about a year and a half ago, put the slime in them and havent had a problem since.
03 ds 650 baja,procircut t-4 pipe

budman

QuoteI carry a small 12 volt compressor with me at all time, fix a flat,valves stem, cores and tire plugs w/tool tire cross. Ratches strap to  reseal the beed.

Grizz
What about the impact wrench, jack, jack stands, tire changer machine, and tire balancer?
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Thrasher

bah, who balances thier quad tires? :D
I think I may even have a little tow out on one side from when i flipped it a while back.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Asphaltdragon

I used slime on my truck tire last week, it working so far, I'd imagine it would work on a atv tire just as well
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Redgrizzly660

Thrasher I think Budman is just kidding because what I carry on my bike. But he is comming with us on the Ocala rides so if he need anything ,I will tell him tuff luck.







J/k LOL

Grizz

Victim

Grizz is a very prepared man!!! There's nothing wrong with that. My husband thinks I take too much when we camp. He'll say "you don't need that!" and guess what before the trip is over we needed it! Then hes glad I didn't listen to him!  ;)
Married to HitNRun

sk8r_dude

I have used the Slime with some success. I prefer to plug. I carry a plug kit and compressor as well. I have 2 plugs in my tires now and they have lasted for many miles.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

Shotgun

Hey sk8r, how do you like the Kodiak 450 compared to the Kodiak 400?

Redgrizzly660

They both ride just like tanks

Shotgun

My wife has an 03 kodiak 400 2x4, the thing seems to vibrate like crazy compaerd to my eiger. Do yours do the same?

Redgrizzly660

QuoteMy wife has an 03 kodiak 400 2x4, the thing seems to vibrate like crazy compaerd to my eiger. Do yours do the same?

Yes mine does too.

sk8r_dude

The Kodiak 400 or 450 do not handle well. They are great bikes powerful, reliable, and their small size makes them easy on tight trails. However, they handle like dump trucks with a full load. A bike like a Grizzly handle far better than the Kodiaks. Maybe the new independent rear on the 05 models will help improve handling. I rode a new 04 Vinson and never thought a Utility quad could handle so well. I'm seriously looking at the new Suzuki King Quad 700. Don't get me wrong I love my Kodiaks they have served me well and never let me down.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

Wolverine_67

Speaking of Gizzlys did any of u guys ever hear about the new Grizzlys breakin cv joints, I had a friend that had an 03 w/ mud lites and broke both cv joints.
It's Mind Over Matter If you Don't Mind It don't Matter.

seaviper


I picked up a couple of tire plug repair kits at Advance Auto for a few bucks. Its got a guage, plugs, stuff like that in a small plastic box. I keep it in the rear storage box on the polaris.

I just need a good little electric compressor or small air pump.
Polaris 700 Twin, Warn 3000lb winch, Lowrance iFinder Hunt GPS,Continental double ATV trailer

Redgrizzly660

QuoteSpeaking of Gizzlys did any of u guys ever hear about the new Grizzlys breakin cv joints, I had a friend that had an 03 w/ mud lites and broke both cv joints.

I broke all of mine with in 6 month, The early 03 had a problem on them.

MudMan

I have an 02 Grizzly and I have never broken any axles or CVs....and I ride in the thickest mud I can find......adios

~MudMan~
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

inked4life87

that slime stuf is great stuff,i use it on my rental bobcats at my shop and they never get flats any more,but i get it 55 gallon drums.

MadMudder

I like bumping real old posts 8)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

DaKota

#23
Just noticed the date.  [smiley=banghead.gif]

05greengriz

12 volt compressor and a plug kit is the only way to go.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Moose

I put green slime in my stock tires on my 450. Used to need air now and then, never after I added that stuf.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen