Warrior 350 rear bearings?????

Started by fdatv, October 07, 2005, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fdatv

I have to replace the rear bearings on my warrior 01. My question is what is the best brand of bearings to install? Stay with yamaha and pay more or go with after market?????
Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

2006YFZ450

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

gery350

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

53yfz450

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

TRX450R_Racer

What ever you buy I would pack more grease in them. If you have ever look inside a new bearing there is barely any grease at all in there from the factory. I take a pick and gently pick out the plastic/rubber seal on the bearing and fill it with grease. I do that to both sides. My out look on that is more grease it stays cooler and also if it is packed solid with grease no water can get in.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

kodiak-jason

When I had my warrior. I did kinda what TRX450R_Racer said, except I pulled the inside seal off of both bearings,drilled holes in the sleeve and added a zerk fitting to carrier, and filled it with grease to keep all water , dirt and every thing else out of the bearings. Jason
"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

fdatv

Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

warrior123

also take caution when taking your old bearings out. if they have spun already they will have welded themselves to your axle. if your not cautious you will have to replace more than the bearings.... and dont have a dealer do it if they are welde. i say this from expierience of my brothers i took apart and had to cut the race off the axle. and mine personally i took to the dealer and they beat my axle out with a hammer and caused me to have to buy a new axle! because they wanted to use brute force instead of the press they told me they used.....