what happend to 4/20

Started by CAOSPOP, April 20, 2005, 08:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAOSPOP

I must be missing something I saw a thread that said HAPPY 4/20 EVERYONE. Then it looked lick someone got tee'd off about it being there ? To me I really didnt look at it as offensive I just learned something new today. If anyone else was offended by it they should have just put there .02 in and get out. Leave it alone. I THINK ITS OUR 1st ammedment right. I have been personally offended by things said on this website before and then left it alone. Then again i'm not here to see what everyone else is writing or doing just here to learn and share with other folks. JUST MY .02.

Eworm

QuoteI must be missing something I saw a thread that said HAPPY 4/20 EVERYONE. Then it looked lick someone got tee'd off about it being there ? To me I really didnt look at it as offensive I just learned something new today. If anyone else was offended by it they should have just put there .02 in and get out. Leave it alone. I THINK ITS OUR 1st ammedment right. I have been personally offended by things said on this website before and then left it alone. Then again i'm not here to see what everyone else is writing or doing just here to learn and share with other folks. JUST MY .02.

While I tend to agree with you, there are laws in this country. Smoking the wacky is illegal and I dont think this site wants to sponsor that in any way. Just my two cents.

Ida_Mann

do what you want on your own time,,,,but when a representative of a group that wants to promote the family atmosphere of the sport we all love.....maybe that's not the best way to do it, huh?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MadMudder

I still don't know what it means..... :-[
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

ucfneed2ride

Actually, I read the original post and it said nothing about smoking. Those who know what it was implying simply could have said "Thank you", and the people that didnt know could have just said "Thank you" as well. Either way, until someone got P!ssed off nothing bad was said. Although, this post was a bit immature it was blown WAY out of proportion. The little kids and the other people on this site who had no idea what was meant, now know because of the people complaining not because of the original post. This isnt an issue of free speech i think it is more of an issue of everyone looking for something to complain about and blowing it out of proportion. Rules are rules and i dont think we should have a forum about pot, there is a time and place for that, but this post was simply wishing everyone a good day...take it as you will but good lord lighten up...in advance before this thread is deleted i wish every one a GOOD April, 21st as well!!!
P.S. I do not smoke that stuff I just have an opinion..
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

QuoteActually, I read the original post and it said nothing about smoking. Those who know what it was implying simply could have said "Thank you", and the people that didnt know could have just said "Thank you" as well. Either way, until someone got P!ssed off nothing bad was said. Although, this post was a bit immature it was blown WAY out of proportion. The little kids and the other people on this site who had no idea what was meant, now know because of the people complaining not because of the original post. This isnt an issue of free speech i think it is more of an issue of everyone looking for something to complain about and blowing it out of proportion. Rules are rules and i dont think we should have a forum about pot, there is a time and place for that, but this post was simply wishing everyone a good day...take it as you will but good lord lighten up...in advance before this thread is deleted i wish every one a GOOD April, 21st as well!!!
P.S. I do not smoke that stuff I just have an opinion..

I agree mostly with your post, but we are not a private club, anyone can join, and anyone can view the posts,,,,we don't need any more firepower for the people who would ban us from ever riding again.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LT-R450ApK

QuoteI agree mostly with your post, but we are not a private club, anyone can join, and anyone can view the posts,,,,we don't need any more firepower for the people who would ban us from ever riding again.

Id@

I beleave your taking this a lil far ida
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Smoknbanshee

riding spots getting banned is inevitable...the government is control whether you we like it or not...sit back and think, DO WE REALLY HAVE ANY CONTROL??? No, we can complain and write letters, etc. but we don't make the decisions...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

05greengriz

You got that one right Smoke.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

TRX350_On_The_Rack

People talk about laws and how we must follow them. Have you ever Jay Walked or gone over the speed limit? If they make it against the law to ride. Would you still ride????
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

SkyHighT100

#10
QuotePeople talk about laws and how we must follow them. Have you ever Jay Walked or gone over the speed limit? If they make it against the law to ride. Would you still ride????


I'll still ride in a heartbeat! Then again, riding is already basically against the law, they keep shutting ever riding spot down. Then again, it is still a free country.... kind of... sort of.. ok, maybe not so much anymore. There's to many laws and regulations to be a free country now. :-/
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Ida_Mann

QuoteI beleave your taking this a lil far ida

in your opinion, but not mine, and obviously not the moderators.

oh well, it's gone, lets let this thread die,,,,,and happy 4/21  ;D

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

ucfneed2ride

HAHA i didnt realize this until this morning, but April 20th was the date I bought by 4wheeler on last year...so Happy 4/20 to my Polaris!! Still runnin strong  ;D
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

hehehe, that's too much  ;D

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

o4250

Turbo banshee pleas, Tell the truth on Why you made that thread, so people can stop arguing >:(

gery350

regardess of what the thread meant it wasnt that big of a deal. i'm telling ya its the superbowl halftime show-atvflorida style. i think this censorship is ridiculous. like when they censored the word su*k on one of my post. maybe the moderators want to wave their hand of authority over the land to show whos boss.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Welcome to the New World Order where Morale Values reign!

Or could be read "Welcome to the [BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP] where [BEEP] [BEEP] reign!"
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

dirty2

#17
Pot does not make you a bad person
what about if you like to drink does that make you a bad person. Are you a bad person because of the way you like to enjoy your life.Life is to short.
pot and drinking are about the same
that's my opinion don't worry so much live a little and be happy.And to anybody that is new to this site
welcome may god bless you. [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
we all need each other now let's go and protest for more riding area

TRX350_On_The_Rack

QuotePot does not make you a bad person
what about if you like to drink does that make you a bad person. Are you a bad person because of the way you like to enjoy your life.Life is to short.
pot and drinking are about the same
that's my opinion don't worry so much live a little and be happy.And to anybody that is new to this site
welcome may god bless you. [smiley=BigSmile.gif]
we all need each other now let's go and protest for more riding area

And be sober when you come to protest ;D
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gery350

like trx said :beeb, beep-beep. oh and beep, because beep-beep.
so lets beep-beep. i think howard described it best as fill in the blanks:
 ______ a-doodle-doo
thats a beautiful _______ cat.
now now boys you cant type that here.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

dirty2


dirty2

QuoteAnd be sober when you come to protest ;D

 [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]


ucfneed2ride

I have seen a lot of complaining on this site...but this is the most stupid yet! LOL I suppose there are a lot of people bored at work ,like myself, and that is why this happens...Arguing wastes time!
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

gery350

hey ucf, your right. man i was bored as hell at work today. guess i just wanted to get the ball rolling on something.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

CAOSPOP

I think its being taken out of proportion. What if the guy that started the original post just wanted everyone to have a nice day and just posted it with that date on it ?

I don't condone POT either I think it burns folks out. Ive seen it happen over time. At first I didnt know what it acuallt meant. Then I heard ot was something the Greatfull dead started in the70's and then I heard it was Hitlers B-day. So I strted the post just to learn more not to offend anyone just to learn something.