Registered Offenders Maps

Started by kawGIRL, October 05, 2005, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawGIRL

I was going to put this in the Ladies Lounge but I thought others could use this information also  ;)

Click on this link.  Near the bottom left of the main page, click on the
"Click Here" button.  Enter your address and it will display a map with a
"house" (yours).  You may see little colored boxes on the map around your
house.  Those little colored boxes are registered offenders that live in
your area.  Click on any of the colored boxes and the offenders name and
address appears.  In Missouri, there are no pictures posted but other
states do have photos of the named offender posted.

Scary but helpful.


http://www.familywatchdog.us/
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

ish

great site. good info, well not good info but atleast good to now if anyone in your neighborhood is on here.
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

kawGIRL

YES!  Very informative.

There is a female sex offender within a 1/4 mile from us  :o  Jeff better watch out!  :D
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

enniehall

That really awesome that they have a site like that.  It's kinda scary to see though alot of the offenders live by schools.  You think it be some kind of law if your a sexual offender that you'd have to live a certain distance from the nearest school. 
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

Southern4x4

omg theres 1 in my neighbor hood and 2 by my skool :o
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

da_mtgs_boss

Thank you for that great link. I have gone on several that just list address. This makes you realize how close they really are to school and playgrounds. I will be putting this in our next Parent Teachers Student Association newsletter!


My daughter ashley is the best EVER!!!!! I wish I could have been more like her when I was her age!!!

RL400

Quote from: kawGIRL on October 05, 2005, 02:38:11 PM
YES!  Very informative.

There is a female sex offender within a 1/4 mile from us  :o  Jeff better watch out!  :D
theres alot in riviera.  closest one to me is 1.78 miles ???

rl.

gery350

got one .35 mile from me-bastard.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

AintSkeered

#8
Personally, I could give a rat's arse about what happens to those folks on the list. But, be vigilant and just be careful how you act upon this registered sex offender information. Harassment, stalking, or threatening anyone on this list may violate the law. Remember, the list only contains those who got caught and many of those cases don't provide you with the exact details of the case. For example, if your child(under 18 y.o.) has consensual sex with anyone of any age, he/she can become a registered sex offender FOR LIFE, if it get's reported to law enforcement. The judge has NO sentencing discretion, other than accepting or denying the prosecutor's plea bargain offers. I'm sure none of us know anyone who's ever had sex before they were 18 y.o..! LOL Or, your son/daughter has sex with some troubled 17 y.o. who then gets into some legal trouble or gets mad at your child and reports it as a crime(which the law says it is). All of OUR children know exactly how to stay away from those troubled teens, right? Some registered sex offenders have subsequently married their victims and the website will never reveal that information. There can be possible mistaken identy issues and more examples. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement website posts this information, as well. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

qt314nfla

Quote from: AintSkeered on October 05, 2005, 09:48:57 PM
Personally, I could give a rat's arse about what happens to those folks on the list. But, be vigilant and just be careful how you act upon this registered sex offender information. Harassment, stalking, or threatening anyone on this list may violate the law. Remember, the list only contains those who got caught and many of those cases don't provide you with the exact details of the case. For example, if your child(under 18 y.o.) has consensual sex with anyone of any age, he/she can become a registered sex offender FOR LIFE, if it get's reported to law enforcement. The judge has NO sentencing discretion, other than accepting or denying the prosecutor's plea bargain offers. I'm sure none of us know anyone who's ever had sex before they were 18 y.o..! LOL Or, your son/daughter has sex with some troubled 17 y.o. who then gets into some legal trouble or gets mad at your child and reports it as a crime(which the law says it is). All of OUR children know exactly how to stay away from those troubled teens, right? Some registered sex offenders have subsequently married their victims and the website will never reveal that information. There can be possible mistaken identy issues and more examples. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement website posts this information, as well.

Well said.  I don't agree w/ sexual offenders.  But we really don't know the circumstances.  Perhaps the parents didn't want their near legal child w/ someone and made a call.  It then follows them for life.  I know when I was 18 I dated a guy that was 17.  We were both seniors.  Had dated since we were 15 and 16.  All his parents would have had to do is make a call and I'd be on that list for life.

bigscrub79

There is a neighborhood in the next city over from me where one of the people put a big sign in their front yard.  They put the sex offender that lived down the street from them. It had his address and all his convictions. I went by that place a few months later, the sign was still out there but in red letters it said GONE.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

caospop

great link thank you. very informative.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Honda328i

Thanks for the link.  I looked it up yesterday and found one around the corner from us, but we already knew about him.  Then I sent it to my wife and we discoverd something scary. :o

Our son attends a private school and one of the families recently pulled their son out for "personal reasons".  This boy has known our son for a couple years and his dad has offered to carpool with us to school, we just never quite worked it out.  My wife had a sixth sense about it I guess.

Through this website, we shockingly discovered the father or our son's friend had been convcted of an internet crime against a child.  This would explain why they pulled out their son from the school suddenly.

I don't know the particulars of the case, and I feel very badly for the family, especially my son's friend.  It just goes to show you that these kinds of things can happen to anyone, and it is always better to play it safe with our children.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

SkyHighT100

I have 2 living on my street... right in the area all the kids live... go figure  :-\
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

enniehall

Quote from: AintSkeered on October 05, 2005, 09:48:57 PM
Personally, I could give a rat's arse about what happens to those folks on the list. But, be vigilant and just be careful how you act upon this registered sex offender information. Harassment, stalking, or threatening anyone on this list may violate the law. Remember, the list only contains those who got caught and many of those cases don't provide you with the exact details of the case. For example, if your child(under 18 y.o.) has consensual sex with anyone of any age, he/she can become a registered sex offender FOR LIFE, if it get's reported to law enforcement. The judge has NO sentencing discretion, other than accepting or denying the prosecutor's plea bargain offers. I'm sure none of us know anyone who's ever had sex before they were 18 y.o..! LOL Or, your son/daughter has sex with some troubled 17 y.o. who then gets into some legal trouble or gets mad at your child and reports it as a crime(which the law says it is). All of OUR children know exactly how to stay away from those troubled teens, right? Some registered sex offenders have subsequently married their victims and the website will never reveal that information. There can be possible mistaken identy issues and more examples. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement website posts this information, as well. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/

Totally understandable defense numerous amounts of underage kids do have consensual sex and get smacked in the face by the law and have this life long sexual offender label stamped on their forehead.  Most people are quick to judge when they see a term as such used.  I think it is slightly unfair but it's still good to know who the real sick freaks are. 
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

SkyHighT100

Yeah, I think there needs to be another title for cases like that. there truely is no comparassion between a 17 yr old having sex with a 20 yr old and a 40 yr old having sex with a 10 yr old.... For both to be in the same catagory can be very misleading.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Honda250ex

I got three in my block, d@m I should make a run for it and also MICHEAL JACKSON is behind me! not behind me,  behind my house.
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bigscrub79

Quote from: honda250ex on October 06, 2005, 02:51:49 PM
I got three in my block, d@m I should make a run for it and also MICHEAL JACKSON is behind me! not behind me,  behind my house.
Now that is funny i dont care who you are.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com