Big 5A ride.

Started by pb1995, October 04, 2005, 05:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb1995

Hey there is a bunch of us, from HL and ArcticChat that are going to meet up for a 5A ride Oct. 15 and 16. So far like 20 people, so get all of your friends and lets get this thing big!

rubicon500kid

if i dont go to msg or hollylands ill be up to it
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Truegrit

If I don't Go to the Street Nationals. I'll be there Sunday.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

qt314nfla

I'll be doing a clean up ride.

officerredneck

Never been...  Is it all flat with water holes for playing in the mud... or are there any areas where sport quads can play too??
IN THE DIRT:
'04 Honda 400ex
'05 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4
ON THE ASPHALT:
2004 Suzuki SV 650s

Brute Force

Quote from: officerredneck on October 05, 2005, 04:21:17 AM
Never been...  Is it all flat with water holes for playing in the mud... or are there any areas where sport quads can play too??

I'd say it's pretty flooded right now so not so many play areas for sport quads, maybe even restrictions as to how far back you can make it with a sport quad due to mud and water. If you have a Utility in your group I'm sure they'll be more then happy to pull you through. Check out some of the other threads like Scottsmoore which is the same place as 5a.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

Brute Force

Quote from: pb1995 on October 04, 2005, 05:55:36 PM
Hey there is a bunch of us, from HL and ArcticChat that are going to meet up for a 5A ride Oct. 15 and 16. So far like 20 people, so get all of your friends and lets get this thing big!

Awesome, What time are you planning on starting the ride?
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

FOREMANRON

I WILL TRY TO GO IF SO IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

pb1995

Looks like Sunday is when everyone is going, I am guessing about 10:00am is when I will get there. I don't sleep in! So whenever everyone can make it just come on.

pb1995

Alright Just figured I would update everyone.
So far this is what I have and looks like Sun. 16th will be the day.

From Highlifter (10)


-ME (pb1995)
06 650 H1 on 29.5's
400 Eiger 4x4 Turning 28" Zilla's

-EuroBro
2004 Honda Foreman ES...Snorkeled, Dynojet Jetkit, K&N w/ prefilter, 29.5''

-d1nfrnt
05 Polaris 800efi

-BLACK_GRIZZILLA
Highlifter Pro Staff Member,2005 GRIZZ SE, 29.5 OUTLAWS

-truegrit
2005 Honda Foreman 500 ES

-klx110rider ?

-phoneguy51 and friends
(3 Honda's)

-Hot Rod 700


From ArcticChat (10)


-bryanmacH1 (from AC site)
seven or eight of us from daytona

-mpr3369 (from AC site)
2005 Arctic cat 650V2 if bike is ready.

-cabldawg?


From ATVFlorida (3)


-vampedrancher350kid ?

-Brute Force

-FOREMANRON


From FloridaATV (1)


-inked4life87

If everyone comes we are looking at 24, if I missed anyone I am sorry please let me know. If there are more people please let me know so I can update the list.

Thanks,
Brad



themensh

  I am picking up my 2000 Grizzly on Friday over in sarasota. I just bought it, so if it runs (LOL) I may truck it down.
  If it doesn't run....I may drive down just to check out what '5A' is.
  This will be my 1st ATV, so if anyone around daytona wants to give me some pointers..........shoot me an e-mail.
 

fl750mudder

On Highlifter.com they are saying 5a has no trespassing signs posted everywhere now!!! >:(
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

themensh

so..has anyone been there this weekend?   What is the status of 'posted' signs?

qt314nfla

Quote from: themensh on October 08, 2005, 02:32:28 PM
  I am picking up my 2000 Grizzly on Friday over in sarasota. I just bought it, so if it runs (LOL) I may truck it down.
  If it doesn't run....I may drive down just to check out what '5A' is.
  This will be my 1st ATV, so if anyone around daytona wants to give me some pointers..........shoot me an e-mail.
 

Hope you didn't get it from Granny's.  I don't think any of those guys even ride quads.  They have a very nice shop but never have anything in stock that I need.  They are always trying to order crap for me when I go in.  If I wanted to order it and wait for it I'd do it my own on the net and save money.

Also every time I ask them a question they seem to have no freakin clue!  It's scary when I know more about my quad than they do.  I have a very limited knowledge.  Wish we could get a real yamaha dealership in Sarasota.

As for 5A, some friends of mine went over there riding today.  Haven't heard back from them yet but I'll let you know if I hear it's closed.

FOREMANRON

THAT WILL STINK IF IT IS CLOSED I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING FOR THE FIRST TIME. IF SO I WILL FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO RIDE
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

themensh

sent QT314 e-mail

(this counts as a BUMP...right?)

pb1995

So it looks like the signs are a posted by the hunters to try and keep us out, looks like it's something they do every year. Some people went riding this weekend there with no trouble and we are all still planning on going.

Truegrit

My buddies went in via Maytown road yesterday. No probs getting in. Only getting out since most of the bikes broke on the trail. They said it was the deepest thay hae ever seen it out there.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

qt314nfla

I talked to my buddy as well.  He backed up what the last two have already said.

themensh

I am aiming for 10 AM Sunday then.....
if everything goes Ok picking up my quad.
  Thanks for your reply QT314  (may I call you that?  LOL)

                Chuck

qt314nfla

I've been called worse.  Actually most ppl call me that.  You're all good.  Have fun.

BreathlessPerformance

Where is 5A?  Been riding in Homestead and looking for some other places to ride.

Ernie
[url="//www.breathlessperformance.com"]www.BreathlessPerformance.com[/url]
06 Bombardier 800 & 400 H.O
06 Falcon 110 & 250 for the Kids

Brute Force

5A is located on Osteen / Maytown in Osteen. Or easier found from I-95 to the Scottsmore/Oak Hill exit 5a (Brevard County).
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

Ida_Mann

I went out there with the 400 a while back, but I didn't go very far before the mud was a bit deep for my sport with no airbox lid ;-)

I like it because it's so close to where I live in deltona.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Brute Force

I've been out to a couple of places like Holopaw and Seaworld but love 5a the most since it's so close to home and only about a 20 min ride away.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

bbf

i need to check this place out it has a lot of deep mud holes out there

Brute Force

After all the rain we have had lately I would say the wholes may be a little deep.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

themensh

deep holes?    LOL...
   I pick up my quad on Friday.......and you expect  me to bury it in a mud hole?
(might look good in the movies)......
   I may be the guy that shows up but doesn't unload his bike...
although, my gorlfriend lefdt for a weeks vcacation today...and I
never told her I was getting a quad.  E-mail pictures would be QUITE the
way to tell her?   (I hope my NEW girlfriend likes quads! LOL)
   After the rain we got today (North of 5A)....if they got as much....I am sure it will be soupy.   (not something I am looking forward to learning in).
(I reserve the right to truck my ATV to 5A and NOT unload it.....just to practice
driving with it in the back of my truck)

              Chuck

themensh

so? What happened?    Instead of going to Scotsmore, I went to Big Scrub.
    I just got my 2000 Grizzly.......the tires (25")  look like originals and I did not want to take a chance at Scotsmore   (I am not a youngman! LOL)
  Ordered a 27" bigfoot kit today for it....plus a 2"lift....
  I hope all that showed up will chime in with what happened........hope everyone had a safe day with no troubles.
  If anyone sees a red grizzly ridden by a guy that looks like an A$$ho1e.......feell free to say hello.  I am not bad once you get to know me.

                       Chuck