Thank you Mr. Bones!!

Started by SWAMP_DONKEY, October 01, 2005, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susieblazer

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on October 02, 2005, 03:40:19 AM
Quote from: cain73 on October 02, 2005, 03:25:39 AM
Absolutely amazing. I am curious and must ask. were they banned for inappropriate posts or for personal reasons concerning a moderator ?  :-\

It doesn't matter, I'm  a mod. I can do what I want.  ;)
I'm thinking back and trying to remember the last time you made a post about riding. The only thing I ever hear from you is an argument.
This is an atv site, The mods have talked and we decided that yall are right, We  are mightier than thow and we run this site and we remove what we decide to. I have their backing and this site WILL be cleaned up. It will once again be used for what it was created for.

    I am very happy with the moderators decisions..........the reason I and my" family " came to this site was for atv issues and places to ride and get togethers, which we have been pleased to attend and meet many nice people "and they know who they are"....... Thanks again........ :Clap.gif
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

CABLEGUY1

#101
I can truly say that this site recieved a black eye tonight. I'm really saddened by the turn of events and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't speak my mind since everyone else has, and some suffered the worst of consequences as a result. If one of the mods or Mr Bones himself decide to ban me for it then so be it. Let me start by saying that I agree 100% that a few of the threads have crossed the line as of late most specifically the ones that are laced with comments about drag queens, pole smokers, cornholing etc etc which is why I chose not to be a particapant in those threads. That being said they could have and should have been deleted once they crossed that line at that time but they weren't. That would have sent a message right away and avoided the months worth of drama that ultimately ended in banishment. After all the mods have the power to do so. Mike I must say I am dissapointed in you most of all. Before you get your blood pressure up let me explain. I have no hard feelings toward you. I think you know I like and respect you as a person / friend and will continue to do so but I think I would be short changing you if I didn't explain why I'm dissapointed. First off let me tell you why I respect you. #1 Your a good family man and show your kids love and respect and give them the attention all kids should have. #2 You always welcome newbies and make them feel at home as you did with me when I first started. #3 You go out of your way to help people for example like when you picked up my bike at my house and delivered it for free. #4 You carry yourself in a professional and friendly manner whether were doing buisness or just BS ing #5 You have a thick green saint augustine yard almost as thick and green as mine. LOL. That being said let me now tell you why I'm dissapointed. I look at being a mod as being someone who has the power to make decisions and is willing to make them rationally, maturely, and without bias.#1- I thought you were 100% wrong when you made the physical threat toward a member. That's something I don't think anybody should be doing ESPECIALLY a mod. What happens if your on a group ride and that person gets liquored up and decides to call you on it? Would you wan't your kids to witness that? #2 I was amazed at the arrogance of your responses,for example " Any of your friends want to be banned it's a simple click of the key for me" or when your response was " It doesn't matter I'm a mod I can do what I want"  Do you even realize how that makes you look? I'm dissapointed because I didn't think you were that arrogant or that you would stoop to threatning someone. I supervise over 40 installers at my place of employment and they all know I'm in charge but I don't flaunt my authority. I have directed the firing of many employees over the years but it's never done on a knee jerk reaction. I give them advice on how to correct there deficiencies as well as warnings prior to the end result. Like I said earlier you could have deleted the questional posts on the spot to get the point across from the beginning. By letting it go so long it gave the impression that is was acceptable.  Before someone says I should have PMd you let me say I posted my thoughts here in case I were to get banned as a result people would know why. If I do it wont ruin my life. I'll still see everyone on the group rides.  Like I said previously Mike there's no hard feelings on my part I'm just surprised at your actions that's all. A SAD DAY FOR ATV FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!

310R_Dude

No, not a sad day at all. Quite the contrary.

I will just go over the facts:

Fact: The rule posting was on "June 30, 2005",
Proof: http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,4321.0.html

Fact: Yes, they were shown leniency with alot of the threads/topics.
Proof: Look through the site and you will see for yourself.

Fact: They badgered the Moderators not only on this site, but off site as well.
Proof: http://www.floridaatv.com/YaBB.pl?num=1128173888

Fact: Yes a moderator did get out of hand.
Proof: He's an emotional human being.  Who was "pushed" into it.

Fact: We don't NEED an 18+ section, it's not the intent of the site.
Proof: READ the very first page. http://www.atvflorida.com/index.shtml
          Scroll down to "What is ATVFlorida.com?"

Fact: As adults given leniency all they did was keep pushing instead of backing off.
Proof: The evidence is obvious and it culminated with the deletion of members.

We(adults and children alike) are all smart enough to realize this was not about
free speech or being in the right "click" so to speak. Or any other number of reasons
that was meant to disuade you from the truth.

Adults need to take responsibility for their actions and adjust accordingly in a self-
policing manner. Very few people don't know right from wrong. It's easy to spot.
If you make it so every post HAS to be moderated then not only will there be no
moderators they will be no site to moderate. That would be a nightmarish job and
few would be willing to do it.

I personally want to "Thank" the moderators.

I looked back through my post and started to see how I had fallen into it so easily.
Not to be an excuse mind you. I did take notice and stop my negative style postings.

Well, thats all.

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

310R_Dude

#103
I feel fine right now  ;) Thanks for your concern though.

----------------------EDIT-------------------------

Your post LE is proof unto itself that my facts are correct.

GET IT RAG?!
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

da_mtgs_boss

Aren't you gone yet? Do you need help packing? Cause I am sure there are a lot of people that would be happy to help you!
My daughter ashley is the best EVER!!!!! I wish I could have been more like her when I was her age!!!

da_mtgs_boss

I don't know I have just learned my way around with a crash course this weekend. I sent you a pm.
My daughter ashley is the best EVER!!!!! I wish I could have been more like her when I was her age!!!

Dr.Dirt

#106
I can't belive this. I go away for a day and come back and there is this. What in the heck happened? People are banned but worst of all is friends are lost because of this B/S! Why was cain banned? He really didnt do anything wrong. The way I see it is you all are making your own d**n problems! I first came to this site about 5 months ago and liked it alot. I would try to log on atleast once a day. I liked the joking in the open disscusion and reading the where to ride section. As of lately though, I really don't care about looking at this site as much. Now its just really going down hill. I agree with LE-Vinson and the others like cain.  If you want to yell at me for seeing things the way I do go ahead. If you want to ban me for this go ahead. If and of you want to fight me about my views, I will give you my adress and you can head right over!  >:(

big-daddy

stop all already... I'm no Mod, but I am give everybody a TIME OUT go to your corners and chill.  Think for friendship and the good times we all have riding.     


-------------------DO NOT POST ANY MORE ON THIS THREAD TILL MONDAY-------------
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

indianjoe

Excellent Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

indianjoe

Oh Ya..One problem about going to the corner my backside doesn't fit on the stool anymore??????????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SWAMP_DONKEY

 I think everybody needs a DRINK!!!

  I did not intend for this to get out of hand, I only wished to give some Thanks for getting rid of Karma. EVERYONE PLEASE HAVE A NICE SUNDAY WITH THEIR FAMILY...LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR THIS. I see good points made on both sides and both side got too involved emotionaly...that is human.

Take a breather, go ride, go to church or whetever you do on Sunday but please take a break! ;)



[attachment deleted by admin]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: big-daddy on October 02, 2005, 11:48:45 AM
stop all already... I'm no Mod, but I am give everybody a TIME OUT go to your corners and chill.  Think for friendship and the good times we all have riding.     


-------------------DO NOT POST ANY MORE ON THIS THREAD TILL MONDAY-------------

:Clap.gif

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com