Rancher question...

Started by MotoMike, April 28, 2005, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoMike

I am talking with a guy about trading my Z for his 03 Rancher.  To be honest, I have only talked to him once but anyway...will a Rancher hold two people and ride fine?

The reason I ask is, my wife and I want to ride together through the woods.  Since we have only been offered a few bikes, the Rancher seems to be the best choice.  I weigh about 200 and my wife weighs about 165 to 170.  I know my Z has a limit of 243.

Mike

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

MotoMike


TurboBanshee_kid

sell your Z400 for $4000 or $3900 and find a foreman 450 in the cycletrader.com or atvtraderonline.com


that will fite 2 people
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

kawGIRL

It will, but it will be a strain. Also the seat may be a little cramped 2up. You may be better off selling the Z and looking for an eiger or forman.
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

MotoMike

Foreman huh?  Well I know a guy that has a 98 Foreman that wants to trade but the wife said it is too old.

Mike

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Owning a 03' Rancher I say it is the best bang for your buck. I have taken multiple people with me on it with no complaints. I never found a person who didn't enjoy riding on it or driving it.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

MotoMike

Awesome info!  Do you have any pictures of yours?

Mike

MotoMike

Are there many upgrades for them?

Mike

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Yes, http://www.highlifter.com/store/catalog_utility.html offers many upgrades. I recently bought the 424 Select from Warn that enables you to shift between 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive. Very happy with it. I got in on E-Bay Store from ATVDirect for $220 w/ free shipping. Worth every penny.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

MotoMike

Thanx for the info...I really like the Rancher and so does my wife but so many people have me worried that it won't be enough...damn!

Mike

dmljohnson

here is a pic of my 05 rancher MM...i love it..its a 400 with itp c series wheels with 589's winch, toe package and front bags

http://www.atvflorida.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=readersrides;action=display;num=1113165789
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

MotoMike

What bike is your wife riding?  I really like yours!!!

Mike

dmljohnson

well mike if its me your refering too...i owned all 3 quads..i used my wife as an excuse...like we men...i bought the 05 rancher for her, cause its so easy to operate.....she never sat on the dam thing...but thats cool..i'll ride it for her.......but i tell you what ever 4x4 you deside to buy, its worth every penny of your hard own $$......i love this bike man......Rancher are cool...well i love Yamaha too...ok ok..i love susuki too...dammit i love bike in general............Kill me...

What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

1slowfox

We ride 2 people on my buddies 2x4 rancher all the time and it has not problem hauling our big butts around ...  No you know why I sold the banshee lol



Ed
I <3 Fiberglass !

8up

Me and my girlfriend used to ride together on mine. We are about the same size. 2 people will fit fine if you get one of those cushioned rack bags but with the rancher only having one rear shock it wore out fast.
Mine
04 Rancher 26 vampires,HL lift,snorkel,424,ids2,k&n
Old Ladys
05 Rancher ES 26 outlaws,424,k&n

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com