Tires Fer' The Trail/Track

Started by Asphaltdragon, September 21, 2005, 01:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asphaltdragon

Whatcha runnin' (I need a recomendation for the rear)

Currently I have Hole Shots
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

dreth

track tires? hole shots
trail tires? I razors

Hollywood

Kenda Klaw's best all around tire you can get IMHO.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Chuck_Norris

Running Razr's not real happy with them but compared to stock slightly improved.

Albright335

I am not to sure what is the best for MX...but in the woods Phil and I run I-Raz's in the rear / razr 2's in the front - they are GREAT!!  ;)

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Hollywood

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on September 22, 2005, 08:39:26 AM
Running Razr's not real happy with them but compared to stock slightly improved.

I had the same impression which is mainly why I switched. The Razors lasted pretty good but didn't hook worth a dern so I switched to the Klaw's which hook twice as good and actually seem to be lasting longer.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

Old_School

Quote from: dreth on September 21, 2005, 10:14:36 PM
track tires? hole shots
trail tires? I razors

IMO, I think that both of those tires are very similiar in design.

Dragon- for an all around tire I love my turf tamers. But I can say stay away from paddles in the trails. They'll shake the breakfast out of you before noon.  ;)  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Asphaltdragon

good input guys, thanks!!!! I was leaning toward the kenda's.

Any other have input?
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

nATiVcracker

i have met some people who swear by certain tires (brand name or style and size ) then next time you see them they're running a different tire . i guess some of us or just never happy . like me  ;) ;)
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com