trigger happy post removals.

Started by gery350, September 20, 2005, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gery350

#25
Quote from: GSPKurt on September 21, 2005, 09:43:28 AM
Well, when you make threatening posts toward other members on this board, those posts need to be pulled, or if you have tasteless or sexist photos in your signature, that needs to be addressed. This is a family oriented board. His posts being pulled were not trigger-happy, in my opinion. I reported his posts as inappropriate a couple of times. I am not a prude, by ANY means, but this is not the place for threats, sexual comments, etc. My daughter is a member here, and the rule of thumb I use is if I would want my daughter to see what is written here. He (njoutlaw88) was given repeated opportunities to get his act together. I think he was/is insecure and needed validation on his decisions. Why would you want board input on what vehicle to buy, what job to take or whether or not to go to college? I would get on him when he made senseless posts, but on the other hand, would answer him and interact with him when he made legitimate points or questions, both on the board and in PMs. I do not like that he has deleted his account, but it was a voluntary move and he can rejoin at any time, and I would welcome him back, IF he tempers his attitude and rhetoric.

i agree with most of your opinion gsp but his thread was labeled "goodbye" he basicly said he was leaving cause he couldnt take it anymore. thats not a reason to remove a thread, cmon. you know some of us need guidance. we dont know the situation or environment he lives in. i do believe that MOST people are genuinely good at heart.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Dr.Dirt

That aint right. I didn't care at first but than some of you kept going on and on making fun of him. I hear you guys talk of this place being like a giant family and if thats how you treat your family than you need help. >:(

mrbones

That's exactly why those threads were removed. I don't want to see public ridcule of any member no matter who it is. That's not what this forum is to be used for. If, by chance, it was all in good fun, remember you can't always tell exactly how certain words are used in a forum. Those no inflection, unless you use smilies.

If you're not goinig to say it to someone's face, don't type it.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

qt314nfla

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on September 21, 2005, 03:44:04 PM
That aint right. I didn't care at first but than some of you kept going on and on making fun of him. I hear you guys talk of this place being like a giant family and if thats how you treat your family than you need help. >:(

I don't believe I ever "blasted" him.  My intentions were to tell him straight up what the deal was w/ what ever I chose to post about.  If not for your "family" who else will be honest with you.  I don't try to hurt others.  I will however be sarcastic at times and am always honest when someone needs to make some changes for the better.  I am that way with  my family and they are as well with me.  It keeps me on the right path.

If I have offended or hurt anyone I am truely sorry.

gery350

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on September 21, 2005, 03:55:57 PM
. I don't want to see public ridcule of any member no matter who it is.



i couldnt have said it any better.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

wheelie_boy

In my opinion, everybody was a little harsh to him in a lot of his posts.  I know some of his posts weren't necessary, but still that no reason to be as mean as some people were to him.
05 kx 250f

GSPKurt

I did not read his farewell thread. In fact, I never saw it. I reported him for the post he made about rancher350kid saying he would "kick that cracker's a**". I felt that was most inappropriate. I also reported him for the sexual references in his signatures. If I felt he made a senseless thread, I just ignored it.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Quote from: 2ndtime04gt on September 21, 2005, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: GSPKurt on September 21, 2005, 09:43:28 AM
Well, when you make threatening posts toward other members on this board, those posts need to be pulled, or if you have tasteless or sexist photos in your signature, that needs to be addressed. This is a family oriented board. His posts being pulled were not trigger-happy, in my opinion. I reported his posts as inappropriate a couple of times. I am not a prude, by ANY means, but this is not the place for threats, sexual comments, etc. My daughter is a member here, and the rule of thumb I use is if I would want my daughter to see what is written here. He (njoutlaw88) was given repeated opportunities to get his act together. I think he was/is insecure and needed validation on his decisions. Why would you want board input on what vehicle to buy, what job to take or whether or not to go to college? I would get on him when he made senseless posts, but on the other hand, would answer him and interact with him when he made legitimate points or questions, both on the board and in PMs. I do not like that he has deleted his account, but it was a voluntary move and he can rejoin at any time, and I would welcome him back, IF he tempers his attitude and rhetoric.


Senseless posts and input from board members makes him a bad forum member? He considered people on this site as his friends aven though he has never met any of you. Sometimes you already know the answers to some questions but he asked his "friends", you people for advice to validate his answers, and you blasted him. I dont know any of you and probably will never meet you guys but thats what a forum is, people who would probably never meet or talk getting together voicing opinions, useless crap, and useful crap. Without people posting there would be no forum and like i said before if you dont like whats being talked about, dont post in that thread and move on.

I'm not saying he was a "bad" forum member. He had a right to ask questions and exchange information. He has no right to threaten people. That is a criminal act, and should not be tolerated. I never asked or proposed he be banned, which is moot now.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

MrsPureLogic

This site is getting totally out of control.....common people!  I hardly come here anymore because it's all bickering like a room full of old ladies......please!  :stoogies.gif 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com