She's BAAAAaaack!!

Started by GSPKurt, September 18, 2005, 08:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSPKurt

Stitch got back on the horse that throwed her today! She is still very tentative, but was loosening up considerably by the end of the day.
Check out the gloves and boots!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Dr.Dirt

Nice to see shes back riding. How was she thrown?

Chuck_Norris


DRWalum

Now there is a GOOD thread  :Clap.gif :Clap.gif

 No politics , polls , crying about life ......... ect. ect. :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Glad to see her back on the quad !!
DRW Aluminum Specialist , INC.
( free estimates )

2005 DR-Z400s   Street Legal !!

jwscroll

That was a nasty injury, glad to see you up and riding again.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

GSPKurt

Quote from: Dr.Dirt on September 18, 2005, 09:08:39 PM
Nice to see shes back riding. How was she thrown?

On the last Eureka ride, she swung wide on a curve, and a tree branch/limb went through the front left fender, her left leg, and the rear fender. She was taken out by ambulance, took 27 external stitches (hence the screen name "Stitch") and many internal stitches. Doc said it missed an artery by 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. If she had those boots on, it may have prevented or lessened the injury. Instead, she had a pair of hiking boots on. The amazing part?

SHE DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS INJURED!!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 18, 2005, 09:15:46 PM

On the last Eureka ride, she swung wide on a curve, and a tree branch/limb went through the front left fender, her left leg, and the rear fender. She was taken out by ambulance, took 27 external stitches (hence the screen name "Stitch") and many internal stitches. Doc said it missed an artery by 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. If she had those boots on, it may have prevented or lessened the injury. Instead, she had a pair of hiking boots on. The amazing part?

SHE DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS INJURED!!
Quote

Wow, thats terrible. Good to hear it didnt hit an artery! I don't even know if I would have enough guts to get back on after that. She is very brave.

GSPKurt

Yes she is. And tough. I wish I was as tough as her!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

TRX450R_Racer

Glad to hear she is OK and back riding. That why it is so important to wear all the safety equipment you can. I never ride without full gear. Riding pants, riding shirt always long sleeves, MX boots, gloves, chest protector, helmet and goggles.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Qdawg76

I remember that injury, WOW :o . Glad to see that she is back at it again, Like The Boots
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Njoutlaw88


susieblazer



Glad to see Donna aka stitch back on the "Boss". We look forward to the rides with you both as in a group ride or when we just call and say " how about we go to..."  LOL
Cuz there are alot of places, from ONF, Croom, N.C. Tenn, KY. and on the properties in Trenton and Chiefland!!!


   We missed you and welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Awsome, glad to see your back riding again youre diffently a trooper.  ;)
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

GSPKurt

She's not ready for the group ride this Sunday, but she's riding!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

wilburz

Nice to see she is back in the saddle again!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Kat1333

I am so proud of you Stitch!!!  :Clap.gif   I know you will be back strong as ever shortly.   :box.gif
GREAT LOOKING BOOTS.  I hope mine look as nice.  8)
Cant wait for our first real group ride this Sunday.   :)
Not quadless any longer
TRX300EX Kat      ex-small Jr helmet
TRX400EX Aaron  cool metalic helmet
????????? Jason  helmet (everyone's for now)

backinsaddle

Quote from: wilburz on September 19, 2005, 12:50:38 PM
Nice to see she is back in the saddle again!

I thought I was back in the saddle?   :D :D :D

Glad to see she's riding again.

GSPKurt

Quote from: backinsaddle on September 20, 2005, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: wilburz on September 19, 2005, 12:50:38 PM
Nice to see she is back in the saddle again!

I thought I was back in the saddle?   :D :D :D

Glad to see she's riding again.

No, you're backINsaddle. ;)
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

qt314nfla

Donna you're an amazing woman!  I still can't believe how tough you were through that last injury.  Now to have gotten back on the bike again.  You are a strong and impressive woman.  My hats off to you!  Look forward to riding w/ you again.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com