750 Brute Force...what'cha think bout it?

Started by JustC1582, September 20, 2005, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustC1582

Hey,

A buddy of mine is looking to move up from his Yamaha 450 to a Kawasaki Brute Force 750  4x4.   

For all of you who have those machines.... I'd appreciate some feedback... good, bad & indifferent.   What do you like about it & what really bugs ya or has been a problem.

Thanks!!
2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard

pb1995

Powerful Machine, but make sure he gets tie-rods.  Check out high lifter there are lots of BF750's on there and lots of threads just like this one.

nATiVcracker

get very hot when riding around mud holes . i mean heat coming from engine is really hot on your legs . awesome quad . i like it better than the kingquad  700 .  check out mudanddirt.com
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

fdatv

I have one put about 5 hrs. on it. If your putt'in around it gets a little warm on the left leg. Haven't had a problem with the tie rod's yet but I'll take care of that soon. This bike is very responsive compared to other 4x4's. If the tires hook up from a dead stop you can pull a full wheelie with just with the power of the machine just by stabbing the throttle. It likes gas but who give's a crap about that. It's kinda like a 4x4 with the power of a sport bike ;D
Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

JustC1582

Thanks for the input received so far! 

Any other comments out there?
2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard

bbf

i have over 1000 miles on my i would change the tie rods it is a fast bike not to good in tight woods the stock tires suck and the irs could use a little help

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: JustC1582 on September 21, 2005, 01:39:12 AM
Thanks for the input received so far! 

Any other comments out there?
I just received a video from bombardia on the new 800. The broute force did very well against it in several area of competition. however the 800 outlander did seem to inch it way ahead in some key areas. I have the DVD if anyone else want a copy not sure where I saw the link for it whether it was here or high lifter. ask ASPHALTDRAGON what he thinks of his machine. It wasnt to long ago he had a tir rod issue on his aswell, given the right situation anything mechanical is going to break it is just a matter of when.

PaulyV500

I have a 05 750 and it is a powerful machine.  I put 25inch ITP ATR's on it with c series wheels and it made a wolrd of difference.  I have bent one tie rod so far and the dealer replaced it under the extended warranty I bought. I have had 3 oil leaks and a fan control switch replaced all under the warranty. This is a very coplicated machine that I would highly reccomend the 550.00 extended warranty from Kawi, it has paid for itself. It has never left me stranded in the woods but I really stay on top of it. The warranty is good for 4 years with no deductable. Get the machine it truly rocks. PAULY!!!!!!!!
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

bbf

you can buy the ex warranty out of state for 350

JustC1582

2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard

BADAZZ750

I GOT 42 HRS ON MINE SO FAR.NOT ONE PROBLEM OR COMPLAINT. IT DOES PUT OFF SOME HEAT ON YOR LEGS BUT THAT WILL BE NICE THIS WINTER. ;D BUT THEY DO HAVE SOME POWER.I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WANTING A BIG POWERFUL 4X4 THAT HAULS BUT AND IS FUN TO RIDE.
05 BRUTE FORCE 750 WITH 27`S (MINE)        05 POLARIS PREDATOR 50 (DAUGHTERS)

fl750mudder

The Brute Force is Awesome! It has incredible power. If you are going to play hard you are going to break things.
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

AintSkeered

The Outy 800 will be the Bomb when they complete the current recall of the outer flanges of CVT. Outy owners are advised by BRP NOT to operate their vehicles until the outer flanges are replaced for free. Because, they can break off and spray hot shrapnel at the riders legs. I'll have one by the end of the upcoming holiday season. I love my 2003 Outy 400.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

nATiVcracker

HOT SHRAPNEL !!!!!!! oh ,   is that all . and to think i was worried about my tie rods . glad they fixed that on the 06 .
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

Honda250ex

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

JustC1582

no doubt, shrapnel is a higher priority then tie rods........

Well, so far I'm gathering that it is uncontested that the Brute Force 750 is a very powerful machine that will run fast and pull a wheelie.  However; some of you aren't as thrilled with it's durability or off road capabilities?
2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard

fdatv

The Brute is fine it will do everything that the others will do. We the Brute owners are just letting you know what it is capable of doing so you get the IDEA ;) Ford, Dodge, Chevy there all good and they all have there problems too! Basicly it's a big 4x4 with the power of a sport bike ;D
Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

JustC1582

That's true, every brand has its quirks that you learn to live with......  none are immune to that
2004 POLARIS Sportsman 500 HO (50th Anniversary Edition)

26'' MudLites
K & N Air Filter
Brush Guard

Brute Force

The Brute Force is an awesome machine. There hasn't been much it can't do after the mods I made to its former factory self.

Had a few problems with the Carb and Header Pipe bolts but other then that it's an awesome quad. Independent suspension is great, smooth ride.

Strongly recommended.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

nATiVcracker

mine gets pretty hot on your left leg  when cruising around the mud holes .....      any suggestions.
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

Brute Force

I have not been able to figure anything out yet about the engine heat on the left leg. I only really notice it when I'm wearing shorts to ride, when I wear jeans the heat really doesnt bother me much.

I have noticed on the High Lifter web site they have a wrap that goes around exhaust header pipes that may reduce the heat exposure. 
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com