Sport or Utility

Started by Thrumud, April 20, 2005, 07:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

gery350

in reality i think both have their strong points. personally i prefer sport just because i feel they're a  more versatile vehicle than the utility.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

I can't vote I ride both. ;)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

MadMudder

Both should have been a choice. Anyway utility, u know why? THE EVERGLADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

YamahaWarrior350

Sport Quads  are good for the dunes and the MX.  But Utility has that power that can go where a Sport Quad cant.  Its all what you use it for.

SkyHighT100

They are both top-of-the-line in their own ways. It all depends on what you want to do with it and how you like to ride.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

My 4X4 will crush your 2-Wheeler! >:(

Sorry, I forgot to be nice.  :o

Actually they're both a lot of fun :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

I have a sport, but want both.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

NPRVinson

Utility, I like to do long trail rides and I bring alot of stuff with me. Oh and I love the mud!

big-daddy

Its best to have both worlds. So I own both  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

ish

i can't vote cause i have both and it is not an optoin
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

Chuck_Norris

got both I can go places woith the prairie that the YFZ couldn't.

Thrumud

Rick, you have a sport ? what kind ?
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

05greengriz

I have both but prefer the utility. [smiley=Approve.gif]
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

TRX350_On_The_Rack

In 4 wheel drive I can go through mud, deep water and trail-ride tough terrain. Put the bike in 2 wheel and I can blow donuts, ride wheelies (as I can in 4 wheel drive), take it over jumps and ride race tracks, granted it's not as nimble or responsive as a normal 2 wheeler, but gets the job done. Also I find that in 4 wheel drive I'm better at cornering on sugar sand trails.

Sport or utility? I have both :)
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

GSPKurt

I ride an 05 Eiger 4x4. Soooooo, utility it is. I would love to have a sport quad, though. Maybe next year!
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

susieblazer


   I enjoy our sports, but have also ridden my nieces utility (which she used once to help track a suspect in the woods) she is a deputy sheriff in Levy county. It can go places the sport won't , also my future son -in - law is looking at utility this weekend...(will still let him ride with us... heehee...)
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

stump66

I'm on the fence. Got the sports but after looking over the 05 polaris 800 twin  :o boy I think I'm leaning twords a nice stable ballsout mastiff of a utility. That Polaris is sweeeeet.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

PaulyV500

I have had both and I definatly like the utility better.  I agree with the lucky ones, both is the way to go. For know I will stick with the utility. Afast utility with good ITP ATR'S on it almost handles as good as my last sport bike anyway.
2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV

bbf


Thrasher

ya'll mean theres something else besides utility bikes?

OMG!

 :P
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Deluxe21

#22
How about a 4x4 sport bike :)
2004 Scrambler 500
2001 Scrambler 500
1999 LEM Cayman
2003 Xtreme Pro 100
1958 Airstream toy hauler

Yamaha72

100% Sport without a doubt
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

big-daddy

QuoteRick, you have a sport ? what kind ?
I have a blaster with alot of mods  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dmljohnson

i have both....i love both worlds ;D
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

HondaBeaterSFL

Honda (cant beat'um) Ranchers great bikes
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

dmljohnson

you need to edit this post and add both as a choice...cause most of us do have both bikes.......cause we cant vote.....i refuse to vote either or........like most of us......i love both worlds...
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

ROC0999

i've got a sport but I want to get a utility
Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;


2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
[url="http://wayf.wayfm.com/"]http://wayf.wayfm.com/[/url]
www.quadsforchrist.org

ROC0999

pretty  close on the voting
Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;


2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
[url="http://wayf.wayfm.com/"]http://wayf.wayfm.com/[/url]
www.quadsforchrist.org

Reefer650

A sport is a neccesity for running from the po9
9-Plate Barnett carbon fiber clutch,Ron Wood CDI Ignition box,Ron Wood Rev Eliminator,White Bros. E-Series slip-on pipe,K&N air filter,UNI air-box breathers,DG V-Pro front bumper,AC grab bar,AC swing-arm, skid-plate, Bombardier under-body polyethylene skid-plate,
ALBA/Maier Black & red plast

raptor426

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

apkkfx400

I love the sport quads, but get jealous of the 4x4 utility blastin' thru the mud-I would like to have both but to not hear it from the wife-I love and I'm completely happy with the kfx-love ya honey!!

apkkfx400

Has anybody ridden or know someone who owns a polaris scrambler-I was tossing the idea of the scrambler 500 when I was looking, but still not a big fan of being automatic for sport quad side of things-I like being able to control which gear I'm in goin' off of a jump!!

Gamer

Quote from: Deluxe21 on April 26, 2005, 07:31:56 PM
How about a 4x4 sport bike :)

Yeah it's called the Yamaha Wolverine.  It's considered both.  Only complaints are it needs a lower 1st gear for the utility side and 2WD for the sport side.  However both of those issues have been fixed by Highlifter.  Great bike.

wheelie_boy

I love sport quads but a nice utility would be the Brute force or grizzly because they are fast, i think.  If i would have any 2 quads it'd be the kfx 400 and the Brute force 650.  the perfect 2 quads.
05 kx 250f

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com