Horse flys at Croom????

Started by YamahaFirefighter, September 19, 2005, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YamahaFirefighter

Can anyone report on the horse flys in the croom area?  I was there a month ago and it looked like a black cloud following me around.  Thanks
Gordon
04 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4

atvtrailer

i was there 2 weekends ago, and all the previous times, never really had any problems at all, maby u just wearin somthin they like?
05 450r #13B

YamahaFirefighter

ooopppppsssss......that was supposed to be big scrub.  Anyone???
Gordon
04 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4

Scramdaddy

I havent been there in months but the flies were following me everywhere. I could'nt even stop. I was wondering if it was the soap I used or just that time of year. I had no trouble with them before either. I rode 15-20 times there. Maybe the rangers know something.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

atvtrailer

i havnt really had any problems with them at big scrub either, maby they just dont like me:)
05 450r #13B

Old_School

Last year at Big Scrub I got stung 3 times in 2 days by damn yellowjackets. It was only that one time I went. All the other times it's been fine.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

eric

Yes if you wear shorts to Ocala you might get bit like I did a few weeks back  ??? Should get better in a few months when it is colder.

YamahaFirefighter

Gordon
04 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4

NPRVinson

Until it gets cold the deer flies will be there. Bug spray works
pretty good on them.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com