What do you think of Goerge Bush?

Started by TRX350_On_The_Rack, April 28, 2005, 10:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoFlaEiger

QuoteO.K. Mr Religous right wing.  You know when you get to far to the right or to conservative its just as bad as being to far left.  You make it seem like Democrats are not very religous which is dead wrong.  There was only one person trying to get rid of "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" recently and it was a father in California who was an athiest.  It had nothing to do with the Democratic party. It's only been the last 3 decades that the republican party jumped on the religous band wagon just to get votes.  What have they really done for the religous community.  Is Abortion illegal?  Is Gay marriage illegal.  Bush and the republican party now have the power to to swing the vote on these issues but why have they not done it?  I'd put money down that Bush does nothing about those issues during his election and the next election there will be another republican preeching how he's against abortion and gay marriage too.  By the way I'm catholic and go to church every week but I can see the smoke the republicans are blowing by thinking there the more moral party.

Are you nuts??  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6383353/

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/02/ballot.samesex.marriage/

Gay marriage is legal in like, what, ONE state (mass.)???

The only people who seem to want gay marriage are ultimately hte gays and they make up such a small percentage that they won't carry much weight unless they somehow find a [financial] way to appeal to a particular party (ahem...democrats...ahem) when it comes election time.

And an anti-abortion bill would bounce like a racquetball slammed against concrete only because it takes away a persons freedom...and all people can experience the benefits (or whatever some sick fucks will call it) of abortion.  We can argue the morality and legality of abortion all day long but it's pointless.  It comes down to a persons beliefs and their own decision in the circumstance.  

The republican party has always been a party of the wealthy, the educated, and the moral.  I'm not saying Democrats aren't religious, however, it is not typically one of their associated characteristics.  I mean, what kind of "religious" person would see nothing wrong with pornography, or killing an unborn fetus, or wedding two people of the same sex when it says right IN THE BIBLE that God created ADAM and EVE,,,not ADAM and STEVE???

Gamer

QuoteGay marriage is legal in like, what, ONE state (mass.)???

The republican party has always been a party of the wealthy, the educated, and the moral.  

What I meant was the constitutional bill that Bush said he would create which he has not done that would apply to all States.  As of right now any state can change there status on the issue.  Your second statement hit the nail on the coffin except the moral issue.  Its hard to be moral when you cater to the rich and educated but don't help the poor or dumb people.

Chuck_Norris

QuoteO.K. Mr Religous right wing.  You know when you get to far to the right or to conservative its just as bad as being to far left.  You make it seem like Democrats are not very religous which is dead wrong.  There was only one person trying to get rid of "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" recently and it was a father in California who was an athiest.  It had nothing to do with the Democratic party. It's only been the last 3 decades that the republican party jumped on the religous band wagon just to get votes.  What have they really done for the religous community.  Is Abortion illegal?  Is Gay marriage illegal.  Bush and the republican party now have the power to to swing the vote on these issues but why have they not done it?  I'd put money down that Bush does nothing about those issues during his election and the next election there will be another republican preeching how he's against abortion and gay marriage too.  By the way I'm catholic and go to church every week but I can see the smoke the republicans are blowing by thinking there the more moral party.
THE ANSWER AS TO WHY THINGS ARE THE SAME IS CLEAR. DEMOCRATIC FILLABUSTER FOR THE ELECTION OF CONSERVATIVE JUDGES TO THE SUPREME COURT.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Well I know how to fire up a crowd :)

I wrote this post just to get a feel on what the average American (in this case mainly Florida) thinks of Dubya. Reading the replies I am more sure than ever that this country is split. This country has a lot of issues that need solutions that need to be handled with a lot of thought and caution so we don't end up paying for it. I see there are people who like Dubya's Gun-ho attitude towards problems, but like a contract you sign, the fine print must also be read. In other words if you like Bush or not is your prerogative, but don't be afraid to question decisions that your leader makes whether he's Republican, Democrat or Other, it's "US" who are responsible for keeping this great country great!
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

bumblemoose

87 TRX 310R (Sold)with a bunch of stuff on it.

Honda328i

QuoteThank god I'm an Atheist.

You are either really funny ;D or what you said makes no sense at all. LOL
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

#56
Wow, I am NEVER gonna mention politics while out riding. I might get shot. You people sure can argue a point, and in all this I wish I would have heard someone mention the men and women that are dying to give us freedom. You know the right to argue this crap over the internet and sit in our houses without hearing a war zone outside. One of my good friends (uscbchuck) lost some of his unit in Iraq, some died & some lost limbs, all for our country. So I say what ever your beliefs, please remember our sons, daughters, friends and family members that are risking death every minute of every day, for us...
Freedom has a price, and it ain't nearly as cheap as gas is.
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

Chuck_Norris

#57
One thing is obvious, that is the abilty for the American people  to choose. for me to be considered a right wing christian fanatic because I believe a certain way  and or stand up for a moral and decent America is as ok and  fair as me pointing out liberal faults.I am OK with that. that is why the rest of America is in the upheaval over the same topics. what do we achieve with post like this.
uncalled for animosity! so the next group ride I shake hands with someone, I want to say glad to have met you and not Oh your the guy who said this or believed that. There is nothing I can say that will change anyone political point of view. I can only hope that the self proclaimed atheist will come to know Jesus before it is to late. In closing I am removing myself from this post due to irreconsiable differences.   support the troops that gives us this freedom.

SoFlaEiger

amen to the two posts above me!

Much love and respect and prayer goes out to our boys who are fighting the good fight.

And I don't hold anyone's political views against them. Never will.

Gamer

I agree with the both of you.

The troops will always be in our prayers.

I hope one day we will see each other on the trails.  I'm sure we would have a good time together.

mudnuri

ahhh peace at last. now if everyone took up atving we could debate and discuss then, we put all that behind us and pursue the one thing we love to have fun at. and have fun doing it together.
i think we won't know if pres. Bush is a great leader or not until many years from now.
it does seem like a bunch of wierd things go on. heck, in every administration.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Seabee

President Bush is an outstanding president. When I joined the military, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Kerry wanted to put the U.N. in charge of our military,( I DID NOT take an oath to support the U.N.) and he wanted to take away our 2nd amendment right (which in my eyes, makes him a domestic enemy). I thank God every day that the Clinton-puppet is not our president.
2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd

TRX350_On_The_Rack

QuotePresident Bush is an outstanding president. When I joined the military, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Kerry wanted to put the U.N. in charge of our military,( I DID NOT take an oath to support the U.N.) and he wanted to take away our 2nd amendment right (which in my eyes, makes him a domestic enemy). I thank God every day that the Clinton-puppet is not our president.

I'm Curious. What's makes GW Bush an outstanding President? Kerry aside.

If Kerry were President would you still have joined the military?

I seriously doubt anyone President would dare take away our guns. Political suicide.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

SoFlaEiger

QuoteI'm Curious. What's makes GW Bush an outstanding President? Kerry aside.

If Kerry were President would you still have joined the military?

I seriously doubt anyone President would dare take away our guns. Political suicide.

I'll answer that.

George Bush has instilled a new found sense of patriotism in us.  He's thwarting off an enemy that none of us could have defended ourselves against before Bush.  He's doing so by bringing peace to the middle-east...something we, they, everyone has dreamed about for hundreds upon hundreds of years.  They've had free elections in Afghanistan, Iraq, semi-free elections in Palestine, Lebanon, and a few other countries.  The Syrian gov't set up in Lebanon has withdrawn with the pressures the US and UN have put on them, Iran is disbanding their nuclear research programs and things finally seem to be settling into place over there.  Of course we still have pockets of resistance, but we will probably always have them.  The terrorist groups are running to the hills, low on resources and new recruits because people are finally starting to see the benefits of a democratic nation and freedom.

Things are going to change greatly in this whole world over the next 5-10 years.  Like they've never changed before.

Bush is doing his best to extend Social Security as long as possible.  He's admitting he needs help (something I find very very respectable) and is asking BOTH parties to offer advice rather than criticizism.  Keep in mind the whole Social Security thing is the Democrats baby...FDR started it and everyone loved it but he had no foresight, or at least not enough to see this far into the future and unfortunately, too many other presidents failed to focus any successful efforts on Social Security so now its getting pinned on Bush.

So ya, Bush has his flaws, but all in all, I'm very proud he's my President and I think he's doing a great job for the US AND the world.

TRX350_On_The_Rack

#64
Hey Brian, how much is Bush paying you? :)

I can accept your opinion on the Middle East thing even though I'm not for a President kissing and holding hands with the person/people of a country that led an attack on American soil. I will have to say that you are very mislead on Social Security issue my friend. Since he started his Social Security road tour, 12 percent of the public has soured in his plan with a full 64 percent of Americans now disapproving. The problem is our dollar is based on a promise, not gold or silver, we are constantly borrowing money from China and other countries. Now add a 2 trillion dollar program the existing debt............and I think you get the picture. SS needs very little work, an adjustment to correct for the Baby-Boomers retiring. I don't think putting my money in the stock market in private accounts like oil is the solution. It's a ploy for the pigs to get fatter to put it mildly. The Republicans have been trying to get rid of SS since it's conception. It's just another program that benefits the average Joe, not the rich.  Look I don't really care for any party I've seen so far. I've seen good and bad with them all. I questioned Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and I question Dubya. Politicians generally are motivated by one thing, Special Interest.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Seabee

#65
QuoteI'm Curious. What's makes GW Bush an outstanding President? Kerry aside.

If Kerry were President would you still have joined the military?

I seriously doubt anyone President would dare take away our guns. Political suicide.


Well, I'll try to keep it short. First off, G.W. has cleaned up 8 years of S**T that was the Clinton administration. After all, if Clinton would have not been such a Pus, we would not have the terrorism problem we have today. This, I know to be true.

I have been in since '96, back then I had no interest in politics, because I didn't know any better. But, I will tell you, if Kerry would have been elected, I would have got out. I could not in good conscience serve under a man who lied as much as he did about his own service. He was not in the Navy I am in, we don't write our own awards, that is done by your superiors when they think you deserve it.

And you are right, Kerry by himself couldn't get rid of the Second, But Kerry and his circle of extremely liberal friends, i.e. Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and the like, could, and would do their very best to get rid of it.

2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd

MadMudder

65 posts and counting. This isn't a bush kerry thing but, the media for those of u that don't know it, is very liberal. If you turn on the news everyday you will hear "a car bomb went off in so and so killing 10 people." The liberals and anti-war pacifist do that to make you think that bush is dong a bad job with the war. The only fact about the war that your gonna get from the press  is the death toll. You won't here when u flip it to the news, "a new school was bulit today and the new hospital in bagdad was completed". NO ALL YOU WILL HEAR IS DEATH DEATH AND DEATH. They will say anything bad. I think yunt 2 ride has some kind of article about the good things about what is going on in iraq. They are using the media and TV to get to you because almost everybody has a tv. Bottom line is that, Bush is one of the best presidents we have ever had. Yes nobody is perfect and there will be a decision made by him that somebody doesn't like. Well, too bad if you don't like it. Your stuck with him till 2008 and if you can't take it untill then, you can pack your stuff and jump on the next plane out of the country and go live in a one room mud hut and have to worry about the town millitary knocking on your door and shooting your for no reason. Only get water on certian days and have to walk 2 miles to get it. I really don't know why this thread got started but i guess it shows everybodys oppion.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

SoFlaEiger

QuoteHey Brian, how much is Bush paying you? :)

I can accept your opinion on the Middle East thing even though I'm not for a President kissing and holding hands with the person/people of a country that led an attack on American soil. I will have to say that you are very mislead on Social Security issue my friend. Since he started his Social Security road tour, 12 percent of the public has soured in his plan with a full 64 percent of Americans now disapproving. The problem is our dollar is based on a promise, not gold or silver, we are constantly borrowing money from China and other countries. Now add a 2 trillion dollar program the existing debt............and I think you get the picture. SS needs very little work, an adjustment to correct for the Baby-Boomers retiring. I don't think putting my money in the stock market in private accounts like oil is the solution. It's a ploy for the pigs to get fatter to put it mildly. The Republicans have been trying to get rid of SS since it's conception. It's just another program that benefits the average Joe, not the rich.  Look I don't really care for any party I've seen so far. I've seen good and bad with them all. I questioned Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and I question Dubya. Politicians generally are motivated by one thing, Special Interest.

Which attack on american soil did Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, or Lebanon lead?

Also, SS needs ALOT more than just a "tweaking".  When we started out with 16 taxpayers for every one retiree, and now we're down to 3 for every 1, there's a whole hell of a lot more than tweaking.  And like Bush says: if he raises taxes, people will pregnant dog, but if he doesn't do anything about SS, then people will pregnant dog.  I have heard TONS of people rip on his SS plan, but not ONE has offered a TRUE, CONCISE OUTLINED plan.  SHOW ME A PLAN.  He's said it.  SHOW ME A PLAN.  He's asked for it.  SHOW ME A PLAN.  Quit fuckin around and rippin on the man and SHOW ME A PLAN!!

I personally think private investment (OPTIONAL) is a GREAT idea!! And investing in US bonds rather than just the stock market is a great option for those who don't want higher risk investments.  At the same time, you fuel the economy.  How could it go wrong?!!?  

MadMudder

 [smiley=Approve.gif]I agree. Did anybody notice that george bush was spelled wrong in the main topic? He spelled it gorge bush. ;D
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

SoFlaEiger

Quote[smiley=Approve.gif]I agree. Did anybody notice that george bush was spelled wrong in the main topic? He spelled it gorge bush. ;D

That I did not, however, I DID notice that FIVE out of 7 choices are totally negative towards Bush and only 2 are positive, one is a matter of opinion of the guys personality which doesn't have much to do with his leadership abilities.  All in all, the poll is biased just based on the choices alone.

YFZ450AndyH

I still feel that seeing him kiss and hold hands with another mad on TV was awful.  Id rather pay high gas prices than see that!

TRX350_On_The_Rack

QuoteThat I did not, however, I DID notice that FIVE out of 7 choices are totally negative towards Bush and only 2 are positive, one is a matter of opinion of the guys personality which doesn't have much to do with his leadership abilities.  All in all, the poll is biased just based on the choices alone.

I forgot one choice: Golden Cow
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

SoFlaEiger

QuoteI forgot one choice: Golden Cow

How do you expect to get honest answers when your poll is more biased than a klan member picking teams at an interracial boy-scout football game???

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

yunt2ride

Here is the list.

Did you know  
This is verifiable on the Department of Defense Website  
  
47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq  
  
3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are under construction 38 new schools have been built in Iraq  
  
Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers  
  
25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2004 for the re-established Fulbright program  
  
The Iraq Navy is operational, they have 5- 100 foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a navel infantry regiment.  
  
Iraqs Air Force consists of three operation squadrons, 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft which operate day and night and will soon add UH-1 helicopters and 4 bell jet rangers  
  
Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion  
  
The Iraq Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers  
  
There are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks  
  
There are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq. They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities  
  
96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations  
  
4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October  
  
There are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraqand phone use has gone up 158%  
  
Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations  
  
The Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004  
  
2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a recent televised debate in their country recently  
  
(OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW)  
WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW? OUR MEDIA WOULD NOT TELL US  
  
Because a Bush- hating media and the Democratic Party would rather see the world blow up than lose their power. Instead of shouting these accomplishments from every rooftop, they would rather show photos of what a few perverted malcontent solders have done in prisons in many cases never disclosing the circumstances surrounding the events. Instead of showing our love for our country, we get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib and people throwing snowballs at presidentail motorcades. The lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves only one purpose. It undermines the worlds perception of the United States and our soldiers. I am asshamed of my fellow AMERICANS who would rather see terrorism succeed than have a Republican President.  
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo