Full Exhaust Test for The 400ex

Started by Asphaltdragon, September 15, 2005, 03:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asphaltdragon

Can this be a Sticky

This article helped me decide which full exhaust to get.

http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961
Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja

Ida_Mann

sure, do you know of any other tests like this one for the other quads out there?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Chuck_Norris

Great article. Just courious though. the gains verses the dollar spent were feable at best. anyone else get that same impression. I mean look at the curtis sparks pipe it stated big gains all over the rpm, well what is considered a big gain for the money spent. I recall a dirt wheels test similar to this but the result were minor improvement with each pipe tested.

mrbones

Did I miss the dyno graphs in that article? Let's compare it to the stock exhaust with DB ratings and show some torque numbers, too. Torque is what you need the most when accelerating.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on September 18, 2005, 02:07:12 AM
Did I miss the dyno graphs in that article? Let's compare it to the stock exhaust with DB ratings and show some torque numbers, too. Torque is what you need the most when accelerating.

I didn't see it,,,,was wondering if I was the only one.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on September 18, 2005, 09:29:53 PM
that's awsome it will be kool if they did a test on the '06 700R

they wouldn't want to waste thier money...
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

mrbones

This is a good site with 400ex data about everything except the exhaust. Looks like real race experience goinig on here.

http://www.annihilationracing.com/reports/BikeMods/Our400EXModsandSecrets.htm
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

jaxdawg

i would like to put an exhaust on my 400ex. what do yall think

RaptItUp

From what the article showed, I thought Sparks, White Bros or Yoshi.