ATV Extended Warranties

Started by JSherman, October 20, 2005, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSherman

When purchasing a new ATV, is it worth buying the extended warranty?
GMRS: WQEB646

apkkfx400

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,3871.0.html

You can check out what others had said on a previous post. 

I ended up not getting the extended warranty.  I figured the way I ride most of the stuff that breaks or fails is my fault.  Then adding performance parts and upgrades other than the manufacturers parts will most likely void the warranty anyway. 


FOREMANRON

YES IT IS WORTH IT A HAD ONE ON MY 01 RANCHER BROKE THE REAR END COVERED. I BOUGHT ONE WITH MY 06 FOREMAN. HONDA SAID IF I DID NOT USE IT THEY WOULD REFUND IT AT THE END
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

apkkfx400

#3
Quote from: FOREMANRON on October 20, 2005, 09:11:30 AM
YES IT IS WORTH IT A HAD ONE ON MY 01 RANCHER BROKE THE REAR END COVERED. I BOUGHT ONE WITH MY 06 FOREMAN. HONDA SAID IF I DID NOT USE IT THEY WOULD REFUND IT AT THE END

If it's a quad and has a Honda badge on the side-I would get as much warranty that is available-j/k.

If Honda pays the customer back the money that is spent on the extended warranty if the warranty is not used-go for it.  I would definitely check into that, though-sounds fishy-that's a lose-lose situation for Honda!!

Plus if you are buying new it usually comes with the factory warranty-usually 6mo-12mo-you can decide in that time if you want to purchase or not.  If you in and out of the dealership for repairs in that time-I would say get one.

FOREMANRON

I THOUGHT THAT WAS WEIRD WHEN HE TOLD ME THAT TO BECAUSE THEY DID NOT DO THAT NO MY 01. BUT I HAVE HEARD THE SAME FROM OTHER PEOPLE
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

2006YFZ450

Sometimes it's a good idea to buy the extended warranty.  I had a '04 warrior and never had a problem.  I just bought my '06 Raptor 700R with no extended warranty.  The dealers really pressure you to buy the extended warranty but you hardly use it if you take care of your quad.  If I was to purchase the Extanded Warrany it would cost me $1,100.  Rip Off!
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

jwscroll

My buddy is trying to use his warranty to get the cvboot replaced and Yamaha has said that was not covered by the warranty. Cvboot is split at the seam. :(
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

mikeE36

if you got the money do it. Make sure it covers everything

dreth

i say get it !! i can give you a couple of instances that it has already paid for its self!  especially if its a utility quad!

Ride1Rob

Alot of it depends on your local dealer or whomever it may be that you deal w/. You need to find out what exactly voids the warranty on your bike. Some dealerships may void it for adding aftermarket parts, some will still honor it. Cracked my swinger on my quad and I simply put the rearend back completely stock myself, then took the bike in and my extended warranty covered it. When I bought mine in was like $600 so I figure it payed for itself on this one for the part and the labor. Good thing about it... I still have another year and 4mos under extended warranty ;).
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

RaptorTom

Yamaha also offers the full refund if you do not make a claim. I bought a 3 year extended warranty and never used it. Got all back but the taxes.
For Sale
2002 Blaster
2003 TTR125
1999 PW80

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com