Best Boots?

Started by Pat, September 09, 2005, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

The first and only pair of motorcycle boots I had were about 5 yrs ago. It was like having a cast on both feet. Absolutely NO flexibility. I believe they were made by "FOX" and were not their most expensive product. Thanks for the  suggestions,
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Da_Mtg_Man

When I ride my sport quad I wear AlpineStar Vectors. They're pricey ($250 + ) but very well worth it. The most comfortable boot I've ever worn.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Ida_Mann

I went to Walmart and got a pair of $30 camo work boots, very flexible, so comfortable that I wear them to work every now and then.

;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Pat

Want to use them for racing...does anyone actually wear work boots/tactical boots to race?
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

TRX450R_Racer

Thor Quadrant are very good boots for the money. They retail for $129.95. If you know someone you can get them cheaper. I got mine from Greater Yamaha for $97.00 + tax. I am very happy with them. They are stiff enough to give you good support and flexible enough so you can move in them. They break in in a few hours of riding. I am happy with mine. Check them out.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=thor+quadrant
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Pat on September 09, 2005, 12:39:25 PM
Want to use them for racing...does anyone actually wear work boots/tactical boots to race?
Pat
Spend the money on some decent boots. Hopefully you will never have an accident. if you do them just might save you leg or ankle.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Mrs.Nightbreed

#6
I have Thor quadrants and I have hurt my ankle twice with them in less than 3 months of owning them. I never had a problem before wearing these. I had Thor T-30's for a year and they were great!  Also, with the Quadrants,you have to line up the buckle perfectly or they don't latch all the way and I have come off the track many times and at least one of the buckles was undone. I have several other friends that have had problems with these boots as well.

I am going to switch to Alpine Star Tech 8's as soon as I can afford to. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. However Tech 4's and 6's are not as much and I am sure you can get them on ebay or I know where you can get a good price on them.

backinsaddle

I didn't know what to buy.  I walked into a store, tried on 4 or 5 pairs.  slipped into the alpinestar tech 8s and said this is for me.  they are the only pair that i know that have a slip in bootie and they felt the most comfortable of the bunch.  so far no problems

Chuck_Norris


ish

i have thor t-30's. they are only 8 months old, they have saved my ankle in a very ugly accident i had, but now the stitching on one of them is opening up. when i am ready to get another pair i will be going with alpinestars.
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]www.ATVMiaXtreme.com[/url]
[url="http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg"]http://img230.echo.cx/img230/4730/xtreme6bj.jpg[/url]

Chillinthemost

Alpinestar tech 6. = comfortable but not cheap
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

bluesman


Yamaha72

got myself some ALPINESTAR TECH-6's work pretty good ;D ;D ;D
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

dreth

Quote from: Pat on September 09, 2005, 11:31:34 AM
The first and only pair of motorcycle boots I had were about 5 yrs ago. It was like having a cast on both feet. Absolutely NO flexibility. I believe they were made by "FOX" and were not their most expensive product. Thanks for the  suggestions,
Pat

i say dont go the cheap route! get the alpine stars ;)

YFZ450-Tampa

Alpinestar 8 is my next buy, have had Thor T30 for long time and I have no complains, now if you have a lot of money Alpinestar 10, those are great (way out of my budget) arround $400  :o
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

nATiVcracker

i like my alpinestars vectors . same price as the 6 but were my comfortable . kinda look like the tech 10 . vector's didnt require any break in . more flexible than the tech 8 . i'm sure some riders like the stiffer feel  which is definetly better on dirt bikes when you are putting your leg out in front of you going into a berm at 40mph . try the vector boot .
06 Brute Force 750 camo 29.5 outlaws
05 YFZ 450 Hipers,elkas, houser arms
05 King Quad 700 27" ITP 589's
04 Ford F250 CrewCab FX4 ,8" lift, 38" Super Swampers

Da_Mtg_Man

I'm with you bro. I love my vectors too.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

UncleRico

I like to ride in a pair of JESUS SANDALS. Not a lot of protection, but they're easy to get in and out of.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."