C vs Beginner Class?

Started by Pat, September 05, 2005, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

310R_Dude

Just race "C" and then go from there. Racing is different than
just being pretty fast in the woods.

If for some reason you do awesome and crush the field of "C"
riders your first race out well, hot damn, move to the "B'
class.

It's not like this is how you earn your living. What's one
race gonna matter anyhow? Use it to determine your speed
and race SkillZ!

Good luck mon', enjoy it and have fun.
Dano

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

Pat

Makes sense...but how do you know the sponsors don't see something in this 33 yr old rookie racer and are ready to throw the big bucks my way? Right.
Well, see you all out there!
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

svtbolt04

Pat, if you havent already.. Pull off your rear brake light. For one, you WILL get bumped in corners and could damage your pipe tip and your wheelie bar or mounting brackets.. (had it happen to me in practice) Anyways, you need to pull it so that you can put your number plate there. BTW you need WHITE back ground plates. That is the C-Open class.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

yamadooski

Quote from: Pat on September 08, 2005, 07:02:53 PM
Why "B"? Like I said, I'm pretty fast in the woods (at least I think) and do not mind getting beat for it only motivates me to work harder...my only concern is with getting in the faster riders way as a result of my lack of racing experience.
Pat

A few reasons to start in "B".
There are a lot of sandbaggers in "C".
I too was fast already in the woods when I started. Someone convinced me to go to the "B" class. The first few races I didnt do so good. Then the other half of the season I did good and took 1st place for the end season total points.
This last year I did ok in the "A" class. I took 4th for year end points.
IM so fast now, I think I can give the Pros a good run in GNCC.
LOL!!! I wish.
BUt looking at your age, youre not getting any younger.
The longer you take to get to the "AA" or "A" class the less chance you have of winning.
The "C" class will not make you faster racer. But if its for just the love of racing and having fun go in the "C".
A few of us know a 16 old kid who started in "C" after a few he went to "B" and took 2nd for year end points.
Now he will be in the "A" class this year.

A few of my buddies will get a big surprise this year when they see what class I sign up for this year. :lecture.gif
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Paul, I know you can't go back to "B" and I don't think you will go to "AA" , so are you heading to "Vets" ? or I can guess you will go to the "2stroke" on the Quad Scramble !!! hehehe just a few ideas I have...
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

ftrvet#76

He has kept his age a secret so is it gonna be the VET or the AA??? whatever one you choose I am glad I am not in it ;D I get to go to the A-OPEN class this year but the more I think about I probably should be racing the senior class since I will be 40 8) in november!! it seems that after a few practice races with some FTR quad guys I have lost alot since the last season I hope the real race-pace adrenaline kicks in at some point!
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

YFZ450-Tampa

Come on Will, you know you're faster the a lot of "A" guys, and about age, I'll be 40 at the end of this month  :o but this won't make me go to senior  ;D , I'll ride "B" may be next year I'll go senior hehehe
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

yamadooski

AHH come on guys lets all go in the same class and have a good time.. ;D

Im concentrating more with my sons racing this year.

Plus I stopped dipping and the nic fits are killing me so I think I gained an extra 100#'s.

Might be camping out at croom this weekend look for the orange trailer in the campground and mabey we can go roost a little.

Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

ftrvet#76

That is great to hear DOOSKI, I had a habit of dipping all day at work and smoking along with it for 22 years and quit cold turkey 4 years ago, the only thing is I still think about it from time to time, it was my son and wife who drove me to quit and that is why I will never give in to it again, GOOD LUCK without it you will not regret it!!!!!
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

yamadooski

Thanks for the encouragment!!
I know around 4pm or so its Hostess time.. >:D
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

FTR44C-REP

Will,
Congrats on the quitting smoking.  I quit for about a year, but that was 2 years ago.  This sounds lame, but if I don't quit again soon I can kiss this season good-bye. 
FTR 44C-OPEN
C RIDER REP
954-784-7666

ftrvet#76

I should have done it for myself long before that, but it was my kids who were the reason behind it the doc said if you want to see them finish college when they grow up you better quit now!!!!!
hey i am very interested in the crf i will try to get the program together to put some pics of the quad for you i know that i have got to go to  ft. lauderdale on sept. 21 so maybe then...
2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76

Terry Arick

Pat,
I would race "C" for a couple of reasons, you can allways go up in class, but you can never go back down. If you do well in "C" and decide to go to "B" you will take 90% of your points with you. We have a saying in FTR ,"no matter how fast you think you are, you're not". We have all learned this through the years. You will be too good for begginer.
Willis,
Remember, we know that track and Carey is an ANIMAL.
FTR HS SS 181
FTR QS A 181
GNCC SS 181