How Many is Too Many?

Started by Pat, September 04, 2005, 10:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Just wondering if there is a point to having more than one quad. I've got one, my wife has one and now I find myself wanting another...a trike, a bike...whatever...just a garage full of these things. Do you have more than one?
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

TRX450R_Racer

I have a friend with 5 quads, 4 dirt bikes and a 3 wheeler. He always rinds the same quad every time we go. The rest just sit there and get in the way. I think 2 would be OK.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jwscroll

I have a Ute, so does my wife. I just got my oldest son a Raptor 80 and I find myself wanting a YFZ450. The current price of gas and a growing family has put that on hold for awhile.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

gery350

if i could i'd have one for every type of riding:
1-utility for deep mudding.
2-sport(like warrior/z400) for trail riding
3-mx quad- track bike.
4- 3 wheeler restored-that would be my baby.reminds me of the good ole days.

got #2. one day hopefully i can have 1,3, and 4.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

rubicon500kid

i got 2 one for me and one for my mom but i want to get a dirt bike cuz i miss my other one but i also want to get a 450r but my mom says if we move she will get me that bike but i have a sister and she wants a sport bike so taht can be my sport bike to
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

dreth

i had 5 quads at 1 point and it gets very tireing maintaining all of them so im down to 3 ;D

Chuck_Norris

1 YFZ450(Mine)
1 Prairie 650V2 4X4(wife)
1 Arctic Cat 90cc mini (youngest son)
1 Quazi 150 cc mini(oldest son) FOR SALE

#74 crf250r

can never have to many I have a 2004 yz85 a 2000 cr80 and a 2003 xr50 to ride around the neighborhood the xr will be my little brothers to ride when hes old enough.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

Toomey

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 04, 2005, 10:23:30 AM
I have a friend with 5 quads, 4 dirt bikes and a 3 wheeler. He always rinds the same quad every time we go. The rest just sit there and get in the way. I think 2 would be OK.

What kind of bikes does he got, I'm looking to buy one.  :P
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Southern4x4

can never have to many girlfriends lol i got 1 bike kinda 2 cuz my unlce always lets me ride his and got a buggy
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Robert4570

#10
I had a large shed full of atc's.
3 - ATC 110'S  a 1978 , 1984, 1985 vintage .
1- atc 200 m
2 atc 250 r's  -- a 1982 and a 1984



Now I am down to  2 Honda  atc's,  a 200 m and a 1978  110 ,
also have  a 1992 Honda trx 300 4 wheeler.
Swamp buggy and  airboat .
Thats plenty  junk to maintain.



Njoutlaw88

I have a bike but I want to get a quad too. its always nice to have a lot of machines so you can bring people.

Pat

The last post was partially why I asked this question. I've got several friends who have expressed interest in riding but I dont' want to  take them on my wife's Z250 and have them rag it out. I thought about picking up a used/cheap quad for them to get out on with me. Hopefully, they'd enjoy it enough to buy there own at some pt.
Pat
Was a YFZ 450 Rider...then the kids came along...now looking to get back to it!

Qdawg76

1 Polaris Sportsman 500-Mine
1 Polaris ATP 330-Wife's
1 Polaris Trailblazer 250 (For sale)
1 E-ton viper-Daughters
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

mudmonkey

we have 5 quads

dad- dvx 400
mom-suzuki lt230
me-suzuki lt250r
sister- a 90
lil brother- a 50

;D
[url="//myspace.com/atvracer9210"]myspace.com/atvracer9210[/url]

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.

cain73

Funny this topic should come up. I was talking to lt250r just the other day about this. He has 1 quad and 2 dirt bikes and is looking into a different quad. Just like I told him, you only have 1 butt. Why have so many rides ? I guess some have more money than they know what to do with. I can see wanting a project or something, but why multiple rides?
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

#74 crf250r

just incase one breaks down and needs repair which can happen from time to time.
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

PureLogic

It all depends on what flavor you want that day!!!
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

backinsaddle

#18
Quote from: Pat on September 05, 2005, 02:14:43 PM
The last post was partially why I asked this question. I've got several friends who have expressed interest in riding but I dont' want to take them on my wife's Z250 and have them rag it out. I thought about picking up a used/cheap quad for them to get out on with me. Hopefully, they'd enjoy it enough to buy there own at some pt.
Pat

I have friends growing up that always had spare machines.  Even to this day they do.  And every time I go home to visit, someone's got a machine for me to ride.  I'd love to have a spare or two eventually.  If you can afford it, I say do it...just be cognizant of your friends different skill levels.

felix_z-4

I got a Z-400,just purchased a dirtbike(used).Love them both.The Z is the more civilized of the 2.The dirtbike does'nt like to be ridden slow.It's handy when someone visits there's something to ride.

Jeffro33

There is no such thing as to many triks nor quads. Between me and Lonesometriz we have between 18 to 23 triks and quads. Mainly triks.
REAL MEN RIDE WITH ONLY 3 WHEELS

aftrmath99

everyone summed it up pretty good.  you can have as many as you can aford to maintain.  we have several bikes but theres always some that are broken  :( when everything is running, its awesome  ;D that way when we have company  they have something to ride.  everyone loves to swap off.  everywhere you ride has different riding conditions. personally, i like to ride my dirtbike best but its always fun to jump on something different once in awhile.  ill probably get in trouble for saying this but riding is like women always fun to try one thats new ;) lol

Shorgasm

I'm starting to feel the frustration here too bro..

02 400ex
04 DVX400
91 CR500
'88 23'Cobra sport boat
04 9' Mercury inflatable & 5hp
95 Camaro
92 Corvette
99 Denali

And here I am lookin for a big ute....It takes me 20minutes to move all the darn toys outta the garage just so I can actually "use" the garage for something other than storage.. ;)

MachineDog

Quote from: Shorgasm on March 11, 2006, 12:55:08 PM
I'm starting to feel the frustration here too bro..

02 400ex
04 DVX400
91 CR500
'88 23'Cobra sport boat
04 9' Mercury inflatable & 5hp
95 Camaro
92 Corvette
99 Denali

And here I am lookin for a big ute....It takes me 20minutes to move all the darn toys outta the garage just so I can actually "use" the garage for something other than storage.. ;)

Which is why we have a shed for our stuff. Ofcourse.. my dad's Arctic Cat MUST be in the garage next to the harley. I think I'd like to have a good sport bike too myself so that I can ride mud, and fast. Although at the moment I don't have the money, so I'm just trying to get my ute to go-fast. :)
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

klutchbuster400

wow this is an old thread, hey dad, you got that wrong!
we have #2 and i guess you can say half of #3 :D

rubicon500kid

i got a
rancher(going to be for sale soon ) 
recon
and a 400ex
soon to have
rincon 650
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

koh0001

 It just happens....


1988  330r
1997  300ex
2001  lonestar 265r
2004 lonestar CRF 450r

I wouldn't change a thing. Well, I'd like a BIG 4x4 quad..  LOL
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

Exmx54

I have my YFZ, and a XR50 that I'm trying to sell  :P

The Quad FaJa

I had 2 @ one time...more then one time...the good thing was that if you had friends who dont have quads...you can let them use the other one...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com