Snorkeled My ATV Today!

Started by NP04Foreman, September 04, 2005, 02:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP04Foreman

 ;D I got up this morning and decided today was the day I was going to snorkel my fourwheeler.Thanks Rancher350kid for the help. Here are the pics... its not completely done just a few more little things...
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

rubicon500kid

pic

[attachment deleted by admin]
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

TurboBanshee_kid

how hard is it to do that my dad has a 2006 250 recon honda
I would like to do it for him?

looks good
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

NP04Foreman

Quote from: TurboBanshee_kid on September 04, 2005, 03:12:44 AM
how hard is it to do that my dad has a 2006 250 recon honda
I would like to do it for him?

looks good

its very simple and cheap all you need is about 6ft of 1 1/4 PVC and 3 1/ 1/4 90degree angles and 1 1/ 1/4 45 degree angle then if you get that then ill tell you the rest of how to do it
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

TurboBanshee_kid

did not under stand you how much feet agin? space it out
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

jwscroll

Hate to breakit to you, but if you have a Foreman you need a bigger pipe. Say 1 1/2 to 2 inch pipe, this will allow enough air to the engine.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

Southern4x4

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

NP04Foreman

Quote from: jwscroll on September 04, 2005, 11:45:25 AM
Hate to breakit to you, but if you have a Foreman you need a bigger pipe. Say 1 1/2 to 2 inch pipe, this will allow enough air to the engine.

I've tried it out and it is enough air flow it runs like it should maybe even a little better
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

jwscroll

Give it a test run.
Put in a new plug and run it around the block at full throttle. Stop the motor immidiately, do not goose it. Pull the plug and check the color, it will probably be black which means your firing more gas than air in the piston chamber. This will build and cause valves to sit wrong which will lead to oil on the piston head which equals smokey motor.
If your plug is tan or light brown=all good.
White=more air than fuel.Bad
If it runs great and the plug checks out then BravoZulu, which means good job.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

NP04Foreman

The test went good although I didn't snorkel the carb which messed up my hole day but I'm going to snorkel that today.
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

If you didn't snorkel the carb, what did you snorkel?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Robert4570

While on the subject of snorkels .
I have a Honda trx 300 I'd like to snorkel.
I checked High lifter and another but found only kits for Foremans .
Anybody got pics of  a 300 with a snorkel?

NP04Foreman

Quote from: GSPKurt on September 04, 2005, 10:43:29 PM
If you didn't snorkel the carb, what did you snorkel?

i have the air box but i mean i didnt do the vent line to the carb
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

02YamahaBigBear400

heres a pic of my 300 snorkeled. its not a pic of the snorkel itself but the bike

[attachment deleted by admin]
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

rubicon500kid

dose ur 300 spin them vamps good cuz i got 27x10x12 for my rancher how the 300 spin the back
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Southern4x4

Quote from: 02YamahaBigBear400 on September 05, 2005, 08:51:35 PM
heres a pic of my 300 snorkeled. its not a pic of the snorkel itself but the bike
wat year 300 i got a 97 and a 2000
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Robert4570

Quote from: rancher350kid on September 05, 2005, 08:59:26 PM
dose ur 300 spin them vamps good cuz i got 27x10x12 for my rancher how the 300 spin the back

I got 26" vamps on my 300  and it spins them ok i guess. Some times it seems like its a  bit under powered.

I'm considering a snorkel but I'm wondering what affect it'll have on the power band.
I rode one that had a home made snorkel , it ran ok on low end but would fall flat on its face at top end.

Southern4x4

my 300 4x4 spin my mudlites wit no problem and my other 300 4x4 spins my 27 vamps wit no problem
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

NP04Foreman

What can I put on the PVC to prevent it from melting or will it not? My snorkel is like 2inches from my motor. What can I do?
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

wilburz

I think that looks a little ghetto! Why not run the pipe under the gas tank and straight up through the fender?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

02YamahaBigBear400

its a 96 and as of now its got a lift kit, lift springs and the clutch kit. The clutch kit made the biggest difference in take off. Well that and the exhaust. But it spins them pretty good. I do notice in really thick stuff that it tends to need a little more power. Right now the motor is stock but soon to be bored out. I bought it for $600 and have invested maybe another $600 and countless hrs on fabricating stuff. I got the 27 vampires through a tire company having a special on 26's and when he told me he had 27's in the compound sitting for 2yrs i couldn't pass up the $300 deal i got for them.
2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player

NP04Foreman

Quote from: wilburz on September 07, 2005, 12:54:04 PM
I think that looks a little ghetto! Why not run the pipe under the gas tank and straight up through the fender?

This way if I decide not to want the snorkel i can just take it off and not have an ugly hole in the fender but I'm also not done with it
'04 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
26" ITP MudLites
K&N AirFilter
Warn Winch

redbassmartin

Quote from: 02YamahaBigBear400 on September 07, 2005, 01:54:32 PM
its a 96 and as of now its got a lift kit, lift springs and the clutch kit. The clutch kit made the biggest difference in take off. Well that and the exhaust. But it spins them pretty good. I do notice in really thick stuff that it tends to need a little more power. Right now the motor is stock but soon to be bored out. I bought it for $600 and have invested maybe another $600 and countless hrs on fabricating stuff. I got the 27 vampires through a tire company having a special on 26's and when he told me he had 27's in the compound sitting for 2yrs i couldn't pass up the $300 deal i got for them.
i havr a kodiak450 4x4 do you have any pic or know how to snorkel them

redbassmartin

Quote from: ForemanMudder87 on September 07, 2005, 09:15:52 PM
Quote from: wilburz on September 07, 2005, 12:54:04 PM
I think that looks a little ghetto! Why not run the pipe under the gas tank and straight up through the fender?

This way if I decide not to want the snorkel i can just take it off and not have an ugly hole in the fender but I'm also not done with it
I say whatever works can you snorkel a kodiak 450 4x4 also and do you have any pictures

redbassmartin