Official Croom Thread

Started by mrbones, August 30, 2005, 06:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patches206

Quote from: zman03 on August 05, 2013, 02:40:57 AM
do you know the place well?  if I plan a group trip can you take us around and show us the place?    I personally been there like 20+ times and purposely try to explore new places every trip ;)

Let me now when your going I know the place like the back of my hand.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

BuckedUp154

#351
New to this site, however been in Florida my entire life. I am packed and ready to head up Thursday morning and camp until Sunday, but, I've never been before. A few questions that may seem repetitive, but I've been getting a lot of very mixed information. Since I will be driving about 1:30, pulling a fifth wheel, I won't be too stoked about getting turned around at the gate. If anyone can help clear this up for me I would greatly appreciate it. I am ex military, and decided to take a trip with an old service buddy of mine on my atv's.

I am ex military. Are there discounts?

I have bills of sale for both of my ATV's which are 2002 Suzuki Eigers. Will these be accepted to get me the "Croom sticker". People say they just write VINs on a paper and cash in hand works?

How much is the yearly pass?

How much is it to camp?

Are there electric/water hookups?

Also, anyone going for Labor Day Weekend? It would be cool to meet some people up there.

What is the deal with said "Croom Nazi" I called to ask about campsite size and a young woman answered the phone, I did not get her name. Very friendly. And told me that they were "pretty good size" and that a bill of sale would be acceptable. After reading online and hearing about so called Nazi, I'm not so sure... Kinda makes me want to find another place to camp when I'm looking at a haul to get there, lol. Thanks to anyone that can help. Just trying to have a fun Labor Day.


dalem352

Quote from: BuckedUp154 on August 26, 2013, 04:55:21 AM
New to this site, however been in Florida my entire life. I am packed and ready to head up Thursday morning and camp until Sunday, but, I've never been before. A few questions that may seem repetitive, but I've been getting a lot of very mixed information. Since I will be driving about 1:30, pulling a fifth wheel, I won't be too stoked about getting turned around at the gate. If anyone can help clear this up for me I would greatly appreciate it. I am ex military, and decided to take a trip with an old service buddy of mine on my atv's.

I am ex military. Are there discounts?

I have bills of sale for both of my ATV's which are 2002 Suzuki Eigers. Will these be accepted to get me the "Croom sticker". People say they just write VINs on a paper and cash in hand works?

How much is the yearly pass?

How much is it to camp?

Are there electric/water hookups?

Also, anyone going for Memorial Day weekend? It would be cool to meet some people up there.

What is the deal with said "Croom Nazi" I called to ask about campsite size and a young woman answered the phone, I did not get her name. Very friendly. And told me that they were "pretty good size" and that a bill of sale would be acceptable. After reading online and hearing about so called Nazi, I'm not so sure... Kinda makes me want to find another place to camp when I'm looking at a haul to get there, lol. Thanks to anyone that can help. Just trying to have a fun Memorial Day! Patches knows  alot bout croom


Just ride

BuckedUp154

Ok thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it.

patches206

Quote from: BuckedUp154 on August 26, 2013, 04:55:21 AM
New to this site, however been in Florida my entire life. I am packed and ready to head up Thursday morning and camp until Sunday, but, I've never been before. A few questions that may seem repetitive, but I've been getting a lot of very mixed information. Since I will be driving about 1:30, pulling a fifth wheel, I won't be too stoked about getting turned around at the gate. If anyone can help clear this up for me I would greatly appreciate it. I am ex military, and decided to take a trip with an old service buddy of mine on my atv's.

I am ex military. Are there discounts?   No

I have bills of sale for both of my ATV's which are 2002 Suzuki Eigers. Will these be accepted to get me the "Croom sticker". People say they just write VINs on a paper and cash in hand works?  Should

How much is the yearly pass?   60 per unit

How much is it to camp?    24

Are there electric/water hookups?   Both

Also, anyone going for Labor Day Weekend? It would be cool to meet some people up there.

What is the deal with said "Croom Nazi" I called to ask about campsite size and a young woman answered the phone, I did not get her name. Very friendly. And told me that they were "pretty good size" and that a bill of sale would be acceptable. After reading online and hearing about so called Nazi, I'm not so sure... Kinda makes me want to find another place to camp when I'm looking at a haul to get there, lol. Thanks to anyone that can help. Just trying to have a fun Labor Day.
Croom Nazi is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

BuckedUp154

Thanks for the reply patches. I'll be headed up Thursday morning.

zman03

should be arriving friday in the AM
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

BuckedUp154

Cool, camping too? I'll be in the silver trailer with a silver dodge. Won't be able to miss it.

dalem352

Cool I will b out their Fri. Just for the ride red Polaris 500 and green artic cat 300 silver dodge
Just ride

BuckedUp154

Sweet. I'll keep an eye out.

zman03

gonna try to convince my buddy to campout , I just hope it aint african hot.  either way, im happy to be in croom   place is like a roller coaster ride :drive.gif <nanaparty>   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

BuckedUp154

I've got A/C and plenty of ice lol.

BuckedUp154

All set up and rode today. Swampy, just how I like it. See anyone who is coming out when they get here. The guy at the guard shack said it gets pretty busy but there's only one other group here

dalem352

@croom
Just ride

dalem352

No ride 4me today polaris broke down had to put it in shop so I got a 2013 articcat 400 4x4 they have to put it together have it by Tue. Nice
Just ride

MTPOCKITS

was it full and crowded today, im going tomarrow for sure.

zman03

I rode friday and saturday ;D  I've never seen the trails that flat.  trail N,T,and a couple others were as flat as I've ever seen them. not a drop of dust I loved it!!   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

dalem352

I took my new cat out today and I never been on the week end their was alot of people their
Just ride

mrbones

How was it out there on Labor day?
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

MTPOCKITS

It was OK. Kinda slow. I'm sure Fri/Sunday was rocking.

1Scorpion

 Rode at Croom this morning . The trails were in good shape considering all the rain we had.  There's plenty of mud, just stay out of the clay.  The trails in and out of the pits were washed out !  If you try them be careful.!!!!   

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

patches206

Croom riding and camping this weekend anyone else going.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Thunderdually

Quote from: patches206 on October 04, 2013, 12:24:17 AM
Croom riding and camping this weekend anyone else going.

I hope to be there on Saturday.
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

patches206

K Raptor toy hauler with brown f250 in camping area merle.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!