HS at Mayo, FL

Started by Pat, August 29, 2005, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svtbolt04

Another thing from the FTR website is, If you have a BIG ute, take it easy in the practice lap because of the pine tree section.  I wonder if this means its going to be as tight as madison.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Albright335

I hope it has some tighter sections.....Tight is good  ;)

No matter what the track has to offer - I am looking forward to the event!!!!!!

Jen ;D
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

Teej

#27
Well your weekend is looking good. The temperatures should be in the high 50's at night topping out around 82 during the day. Sunny with NO rain in the current forcast. There hasn't been any rain in this area for a couple of weeks so expect a lot of dust.

The town of Mayo itself is a very small town of maybe 10 blocks. The BBQ resturant there is very good. A lot of food at a small town price. There are 3 convience stores that sell gas. Any other gas will be at least a 30 minute drive. Gas will also be higher in Mayo.

If any of you are coming from I75 down US27 to the races, then my town of Branford is right before Mayo. Figure another 45-50 minutes from Branford to the race sight. Gas in Branford is currently $2.53 per gal.

Getting off I75 onto US27 you will find several fast food places. As you get into Branford just before the flashing light on your left hand side there is a "C Square" gas station. There is a "Hardy's" resturant inside. Any of you pulling trailers can drive around the back and there is a large parking area where semi's  and vehicle with trailers park. This gas station also has desiel fuel. You can also get ice, drinks, etc. here if you forget anything.



This race is actually outside Mayo so coming this way from I75 you are going to drive straight through Mayo on US27 to find CR251.

Best of Luck to all Racers!! :N
Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

svtbolt04

Hey Teej, Coming out sunday also? Thats when the bigger bikes ride. A little more exciting, but the utilitys will be somthing to see also.

I will be there, look for a blue YFZ with 823C on the back. Ill be on the blue bike with YELLOW gear.

Have fun.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

Thank's for the info Teej, looking to get there tomorrow some time on the evening
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

svtbolt04

Yea, pretty nice course.  I came in 3rd and WITH A BROKEN TIE ROD!!! Good run everyone who ran. Sorry to hear about Jennifer.

Ill see everyone at the next one!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

Oh yeah, it was a nice race, nice track, the bad part was Jen's crash, hope everything comes out OK with her and can be with us on the next race .

Luis C.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Teej

Anymore details on Jen's status? Was she injured, if so was she taken away or treated there?

Thanks, Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

Albright335

Thanks Luis...I appreciate your concern.

I had a great race going...went from last to first and about halfway through the Last lap on a wide open section I was cornering and my left foot slipped & somehow got entangled in my left rear tire. It yanked me under and I began to flip with the quad landin on me a couple times. My boot was ripped off and thrown 20 feet (so I am told). I landed face down and quickly realized I could not get myself up - the first instinct was of course to get back on and finish.  ::)

Trevor Hyer was the one who stopped and stayed with me...(THANK YOU TREVOR). He helped me stay calm - he is an EMT and I couldn't have been happoer that he was there. When in the ambulance I was told that the life flight was the best option because of my injuries. Thank You everyone who found where I was and came out on the trail for support...

Turns out I fractured 6 of my spinous process's (spelling) - they are the little bones that come out from your spine - VERY painful. They released me last night and I am home but am struggling a little with the pain. The doctor said that they will heal themselves and when the pain is gone I will be able to ride again - no long term - I am blessed - the Lord was with me for sure.

Phil said that my quad is pretty messed up...they cut my gear off (LoL!!)...so one day at a time...

A huge THANK YOU to the Froncowiak's...the Vis's....Jimmy Benton...

If I forgot anyone please know I am so appreciative.....

Jen

BIG thanks to EVERYONE
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Jen !!! is good to know you are OK, and hope for the soon recovery, I'm sure you were loving the track and race in general.

See you soon !!!   ;D
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

qt314nfla

Jen, I was just talking to Melissa about her injuries yesterday and found out about you getting hurt.  Sorry to hear about it.  Glad it's going to heal up and you can race again. 

Albright335

Thank You all for your support...it means allot!!


Jen
;)
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

svtbolt04

So anyone going to this one coming up? Same place.


Jen, how long are you out for or will I see you line up this weekend?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

YFZ450-Tampa

Loved the track, and the people was very nice, I'm going back oh yeah
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Albright335

Quote from: svtbolt04 on November 15, 2005, 12:06:40 AM
Jen, how long are you out for or will I see you line up this weekend?

Unfortunately....I will be out this race. I hate it but I do not have much of an option. Even if I was ready physically my quad is still in pieces.

I hope to be ready come December....I am very anxious and want to come back as strong as when I left  ;D

Good Luck this weekend!!!!!!!!

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Jen, how are you feeling, is the pain gone ? and what's wrong with the quad, what was (is) broken?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

yamadooski

We are heading back up again.

Jen so how is the pain is it going away?
I fell off 2 times at that one found out why after I got home and started to clean the quad.
My steerting dampner broke.. ???
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

Albright335

The axle is bent, brake lines and resistor wires are broken, Hiper wheel cracked, Spindle broke off, and I will be replacing my nerfs/pegs. Of course we can't forget the new boots (broken latches - probably happened when it was ripped from my leg and thrown 20 ft.  :o ) And my gear was cut off  :'(

The pain is getting better everyday, although last week was a challenge. I consider myself lucky - things could have been much worse. I have a brace which gives me some comfort and support - it has made getting up and down easier. I hope to continue getting better everyday -  my goal is to be at the next race!  ;)

Sorry to hear about your dampner Paul  ???

Jen
Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS

yamadooski

Well Jen hang in there and we will miss you guys this weekend.  :'(
Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole

YFZ450-Tampa

Wow Jen !!! looks like your quad end up bad (and riding gear  ???) well hope you keep getting better, and see you  soon.
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC